Help setting up family account

Discus and support Help setting up family account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an xbox one for my grandchildren to use while at my house. I set up an account for myself and I want to set up a profile for each child so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HurriedAunt7605, May 17, 2018.

1. Help setting up family account

I bought an xbox one for my grandchildren to use while at my house. I set up an account for myself and I want to set up a profile for each child so they can just select and play. I'm to the spot where I select "family" and then it brings me to a screen with
    a circle and a + in the middle. Right below it is "add new". When I select the + in the circle it wants me to add an email. I'm already logged in so from what I read I need to select the "add new" on the previous screen to add the children (all are young and
    don't have accounts) - how do I get to the "add new" so I can select it?

Another question - once I get the children set up with a profile can they at some point use this profile and get set up with the Kinect so they can create a character - or is this a totally separate step?

Thanks

:)

HurriedAunt7605, May 17, 2018
  2. Help setting up Family account

Trying to set up family account for myself, wife and 2 kids. We each have setup separate profiles on xbox. I have added everyone to Add A Family under the settings from my profile. However I can not change their privacy settings from my profile and they
    can change their privacy settings from their own accounts. So I must have setup something incorrectly but have no idea what. When I select one of my childs profiles by the ADD A FAMILY icon it says they need to sign in for me to see there settings.

I have also tried to setup their privacy setting online (xbox.com). I can see their profiles on my xbox.com account but they are "greyed" out and I can not click on them.

Can anyone help me figure this out (doesn't seem very intuitive).

GrumblyFawn94, May 17, 2018
  3. Setting up accounts for family members

Welcome to the club. Did the same thing earlier. Help setting up family account :) well mostly for my kid.

Fullmetalpanic009, May 17, 2018
  4. Nugatreyu Win User

Help setting up Family account

Did this get answered? We are having the same issue.
  5. DarkUnicycle Win User

multiplayer

Hello RBFOAO75,

Thanks for reaching out to us, to the question that you have for us. You'll be able to get a Family Account set up and to help you even more, we've actually released our Family App to help you manage his account, from the messages we receives, the game
    time that he has. All can be managed, changed, and updated on the go from your smart phone just to make it that much easier.

Xbox Family App : https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/family-settings-app

Setting Up Family Account : Setting
    Up Family Account

Hope this helps, Happy Gaming!
  6. AngelObullets Win User

How do I separate access between Xbox and Windows?

Hi there

You can set them up in a family account https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one
  7. MoeZArts Win User

Passkey and kids

8. Christian Quinto Win User

Family Account Settings Help

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Which account was the one that purchased the game? Was it your father's or yours? if it was yours then the license will not be revoked even if you were to be removed from the family. You can try having your account removed from your family and then have it added back if it is still a child account. Follow this link for the steps.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

And just for good measure, check out these links as well.

https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/help/family-onli...

(The link is in English)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
Thema:

Help setting up family account

1. Help setting up family account - Similar Threads - Help setting family

2. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

in XboX Insiders
    Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings: i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete...
  3. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...
  4. I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings

in XboX Insiders
    I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings: Tv says it allow 4k 60hz gaming, but Xbox won’t Allow me to turn on the 50hz tab in display settings submitted by /u/MrHerbaDerb [link] [comments]
  5. need help with settings to join friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    need help with settings to join friends in minecraft: i cannot join my friends in minecraft, when i try to change my settings, it tells me i am unable to do so and that it is because i am part of a xbox family group, though i am not. Can anyone help...
  6. Where is the support for setting up the very expensive Xbox series x help? I am stick in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is the support for setting up the very expensive Xbox series x help? I am stick in...: I have been trying to setup my new Xbox series x. It up dated on the middle of the set up, and is now stuck at the turn on controller and will not go further. Controller just blinking. Can't find...
  7. Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel: You see, it has a manual on what to map the buttons to, however it doesnt tell you how to do it on xbox, ps4 or on switch. It also thinks that the gear up/down paddles are extra triggers....
  8. Help setting up separate game pass accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help setting up separate game pass accounts: I am starting a business that uses 10 Xbox consoles. Each consoles will need to have its own game van account. How can I buy a separate game pass account on consoles after the first one. When I...
  9. why dont i have a gaming option on settings? pls help (im on my windows 10 pro)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why dont i have a gaming option on settings? pls help (im on my windows 10 pro): hello everyone pls help me i dont have a gaming option in my windows settings pls help me i am on my windows 10 pro d5181784-1be7-462b-8b90-a5ecabf456ee
  10. Family Account Settings Help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Account Settings Help: Hello. I’ve been playing Sims 4 on Xbox One for a few years now and really want to access the gallery, but every time I try it tells me that it violates my child account settings and that I need...