Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff

Discus and support Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When i first got my son an xbox i didnt know what i was doing so i set up an account but his "user name" and everything he plays is set up to me.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kathleen Allen1, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff

When i first got my son an xbox i didnt know what i was doing so i set up an account but his "user name" and everything he plays is set up to me. Therefore he can purchase things and change things without my permission. I have the family app but I cant really use it because it looks like he is the organizer not the child.

:)

Kathleen Allen1, Aug 2, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Kathleen Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, nothing can be transferred between accounts. You would need to either create another account to your son - he will still be able to play the games on your account, but all his progress will be lost - or let him play on your account but change the account password and select an option to request your password for every purchase. But if your son find out how to turn this option off he would still make purchases on your account.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  3. Mellerker Win User

How do I avoid game freeze and massive disc read errors problems?

Maybe I setup my stuff wrong on my account without looking a guide.tips.Best settings for my prviacy.
  4. Phipsy Win User

transfering a xbox gamertag to new account

I’m glad you’re asking. I set up my son’s Xbox with my account before I knew the world would tie into it. It shows him as an adult. I need to move his gamer info to a new account without losing his accomplishments. I also need to restrict settings because
    he is chatting with people and I need to stop that access. I think I can do that once I transfer him to a child account.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Live gold or ultimate?

If your son is sharing your daughter's Ultimate subscription, then he doesn't need his own Gold. The only benefits he would lose would be access to each months' Games with Gold games (free games) and sales for Gold members.

Since you have to sign into your daughter's account to access her games, then yes, you would lose access to those games if you remove her account. You would need to be using her Home console in order to share her games without needing her account, but you can only have 1 console set as your Home at a time, so if the one your son is also using the access her Ultimate is not the same console you're using and your daughter changes her Home setting, your son will then lose access to her subscription. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  6. mikey_748 Win User

Moving gamertag to different account

It sounds like that account is set up as an adult account. Adult accounts cannot changed to a child account. Your only option is to create a new child account for your son. he will lose progress, as he will have to start his games again on his new
    account.

My account which his gamertag is set up on is an adult account. Surely there must be a way of moving Gamertags between accounts?!? I've set up a child account for him but just need to move his gamertag.

Creating a new gamertag or losing the progress on his current one is really not an option.....
Thema:

1. Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff - Similar Threads - Help set account

2. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

in XboX Insiders
    Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings: i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete...
  3. Help setting up separate game pass accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help setting up separate game pass accounts: I am starting a business that uses 10 Xbox consoles. Each consoles will need to have its own game van account. How can I buy a separate game pass account on consoles after the first one. When I...
  4. Family Account Settings Help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Account Settings Help: Hello. I’ve been playing Sims 4 on Xbox One for a few years now and really want to access the gallery, but every time I try it tells me that it violates my child account settings and that I need...
  5. I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help: I currently bought an Xbox series s and I put my Microsoft account on the Xbox series s and since then I haven't been able to play on Minecraft realms at all but I can play online multiplayer with...
  6. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: I have been playing minecraft frequently for a while now, and this error continues to show up, and then go away after a day or so. At the moment, I haven't been able to play multi-player on any of...
  7. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: I made my account year ago and i left so i dont know what happened but when im back and im playing Minecraft PocketEdition in multiplayer it say that i cannot join servers because of "You cannot...
  8. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: I try to play minecraft with my friends onlion with xbox one but It couldn’t work. Please help!! [img] 4668cfd5-1a50-4bd0-9231-11c3ef6c2fbb
  9. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: Before this everything has been working fine! then suddenly I couldn't join servers or my friends! I do get I have to change it but how and where, can someone drop a link for me??...
  10. Help didn't think to set up live account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help didn't think to set up live account: my kids are coming to visit me for the first time bought a new Xbox One and forgot to get a live account started thought it would be a free one maybe a trial subscription inside but didn't find...