HELP! Screen glitching - Issues using PAL 60 format on old XBOX360 (no HDMI) when connected...

Discus and support HELP! Screen glitching - Issues using PAL 60 format on old XBOX360 (no HDMI) when connected... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm currently isolating with COVID and have bought my first XBOX360 to pass the time - it's an old model from 2005 without a built-in HDMI socket so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by George Kontou, Nov 7, 2021.

1. HELP! Screen glitching - Issues using PAL 60 format on old XBOX360 (no HDMI) when connected...

I'm currently isolating with COVID and have bought my first XBOX360 to pass the time - it's an old model from 2005 without a built-in HDMI socket so have bought an RCA to HDMI converter to connect to my projector, the only screen/output I have available.

It works fine in PAL 50 but as soon as I switch formats to PAL 60 (which is required for 90% of the games), the screen goes really glitchy & jumpy. I've watched a load of videos which describe switching the PAL from 50 to 60 using the original composite cables, turning off the console, then replugging in the HDMI cable to use with the new settings, but don't think this applies to me, as I dont have a built-in HDMI port, and the only way I can view anything on the xbox is with the composite cables, using the RCA to HDMI adaptor! Any help much appreciated, thankyou

:)

George Kontou, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

HELP! Screen glitching - Issues using PAL 60 format on old XBOX360 (no HDMI) when connected to projector

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You'll need to use the Red/Blue/Green composite cable. That's the only way to switch to Pal 60.

Hope this helps
  3. Farscape247 Win User

HELP! Screen glitching - Issues using PAL 60 format on old XBOX360 (no HDMI) when connected to projector

the only way around this when i had the original xbox 360 without hdmi was use the hd composite cable which has the blue/green and red plus audio then it let me switch to 60hz, using standard composite will not work.
  4. ok TOE Win User

Ok someone explain this!

An update on this thread, finally connected my xbox360 via the old composite leads, and unknown to me my settings were on pal 50, so reset them to 60 and there is a major difference picture and colour wise! The refresh rate enhances the overall picture,
    and let's you play older games better. Re- connected the hdmi lead and the picture still seemed better, maybe it's a placebo effect but, hey it works, I'm guessing in Europe the default setting is pal 50, get out your old leads switch to 60 and try for yourself.
  5. REHAB REBEL Win User

BF3 Unusual Lag..

it might not be your connection or ea servers,one way i managed to sort the lag was change my xbox to pal 60,this game is meant for that,if u have a descent hd tv it will be ok,if it shows in black and white your tv doesnt support pal 60,for those who dont
    know how who are using hdmi,replace hdmi with original lead which plugs in above hdmi,there is a button on the lead where it plugs in,switch the button to tv,then go in to console settings,display,you will have options to change pal to 60,you wont get those
    options using hdmi,change to pal 60,turn the xbox off,plug your hdmi back in and you should be sorted,this stopped most ov my lag aka rubber banding, hope this helps some ov you
  6. namdets Win User

help with hooking up xbox 360 to acer c112 projector

I can't manually select what PAL/NTSC Signal to receive on the projector...it must detect the following signals that it can handle:

NTSC 60

PAL 50

PAL-M 60

PAL-N 50

PAL-60 60

NTSC4.43 60

itself... but it just does not like the PAL-60 from the Xbox 360?! (I thought PAL-60 was PAL-60 on every device?)

I've spoke to a guy from acer on there UK support site, and he can't help me, and suggested I let the "community" at Acer help me. My last hope is trying the HDMI to composite converter when It arrives and see if that works.

Unless I can find a definitive list of PAL-50 Xbox 360 games?? (anyone help on that front?)
Thema:

HELP! Screen glitching - Issues using PAL 60 format on old XBOX360 (no HDMI) when connected...

1. HELP! Screen glitching - Issues using PAL 60 format on old XBOX360 (no HDMI) when connected... - Similar Threads - HELP Screen glitching

2. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  3. somone plese help me with screen time this is my last hope before my xbox gose out a window.

in XBoX Accessibility
    somone plese help me with screen time this is my last hope before my xbox gose out a window.: i am the only person in my family but im set as a child and cant take my screen time away I've been dealing with this for 2 years can someone please help me. c8ecae20-d725-4110-bb78-feaa0757f91e
  4. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  5. I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?: [img] I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Help d2ceb160-e98e-47ac-9b2c-442ff356f022
  6. Help! Xbox app black screen logo

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Xbox app black screen logo: Help! Xbox app black screen with logo Hey everyone, i been trying to fix this issue but I couldn’t… Xbox app was working perfectly fine but all of sudden it stopped working and keeps showing this...
  7. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  8. Can someone help me stop getting stuck on a syncing data screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help me stop getting stuck on a syncing data screen?: I’ve been trying to play Starfield for over 3 hours. I have Game pass ultimate and wanted to play Starfield on my new pc but I cannot get passed the syncing data screen. I’ve looked around and...
  9. Xbox X Turns on But no Picture to Screen (HELP)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox X Turns on But no Picture to Screen (HELP): it has been opened. Had a diagnostic check done and the technician said the motherboard or hard drive needed to be fixed/replaced but didn't have the parts to repair I’m asking if anyone else has...
  10. Forza horizon stuck on loading screen. Help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon stuck on loading screen. Help please: As above, whilst playing Forza horizon yesterday it froze, not been able to play since, it's stuck on the loading screen. I've tried restarting console and no luck. This is on Xbox series X....