Help recovering account

Discus and support Help recovering account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to recover an old account that's log in to my laptop. I don't remember the password. I have attempted account recovery several times... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jaye Ashley, May 16, 2023.

1. Jaye Ashley
    Jaye Ashley Guest

Help recovering account

Hello,

I'm trying to recover an old account that's log in to my laptop. I don't remember the password. I have attempted account recovery several times but am struggling due to confusing information at my disposal. I had a few different microsoft accounts at the time but remember none of the log ins for them. When going through account recovery, I'm unsure what information I'm giving is correct and what is for a different account.

In account recovery it asks me for the account name, which I have. It asks for Security question, which I don't remember, but have ideas of what it could be. It asks me for previously used passwords, which I know part of but not the entire thing, hence the problem. It asks for whether I used Outlook/Hotmail, which I have not as the email associated is a gmail. It asks if I used skype, I don't remember. It asks if I used an xbox, which I have. It asks for if I bought anything such as subscriptions, which I have.

This is where I run into a problem. It then asks for the gamertag and Xbox Live device ID for a frequently signed in xbox. I had used many xbox gamertags in the past and am unsure which of the ones I have is the correct one, I also am not sure what the Xbox Live Device ID is. From what I can find online, it tells me to use the Xbox Network Device ID, which I have. The second problem lies in the have I bought anything. I have bought stuff on this account, but using prepaid gift cards not a credit card.

I have tried to access the email associated as well, but cannot get into that either as it's been lost to me for years.

I am not sure how to proceed getting back into my account in a more efficient way that doesn't require spending months trying every combination of the information I have in account recovery. Help is much appreciated.

:)

Jaye Ashley, May 16, 2023
  2. Niaz Sikder Win User

Recover account help

It shows this two options

[​IMG]

Since I dont have access to the authenticator I should try email, but once I get the code and insert it and tap go ahead, it shows that I have to do the verify with the authenticator too...

[​IMG]

If you don't understand the lenguage, please translate it from italian.

Hope you can help me, it's very important for me, since it contains my family photoes too.

See you as soon as possible, thanks.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Help recovering account

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your account recovery.

As much as we love to help regarding this, only the account recovery method is the option that we have when it comes to getting the account back. It will be very difficult if you have a lot of accounts before as it will be very confusing as well.

You can check this link for guide about this too:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If the information is sufficient, I can only suggest to try doing it again. This happened to me before and I just kept on trying until the system will recognize the information on that account.
  4. XBF John Win User

Recover account help

Okay, It is my understand at this time that account recover is not necessarily centered on Xbox but your entire Microsoft account recover process. There is one last thing you can try here, but after that you may need to seek more help from Microsoft Support, not Xbox Forums.

Go to this website: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/back-up-and-recover-account-credentials-in-the-authenticator-app-bb939936-7a8d-4e88-bc43-49bc1a700a40

On this website It shows the steps on how to start recovering your account through the authenticator app on a new device. Scroll down to: Recover your account credentials on your new device and follow the directions there. If this does not work, I highly recommend two actions:

• Complete the Microsoft Recovery form: Recover your account
    • Contact Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus
    Thank you,

5. Hoskayra Win User

Help recovering an account?

Hello Jac C, My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

Unfortunately the only option to recover your account is through the recovery form.

https://account.live.com/acsr

You must provide all information necessary to verify that you are the owner of said account and regain access to it.

I'm sorry you are going through this situation.
  6. XBF John Win User

Recover account help

Hello,

When you choose: Forgot Password, and the authenticator app comes up as the option, are there any other verification options available to you? You may have to click through a couple of the bottom prompts to get to this.

[​IMG]

If you do not, it will end up taking you to the account recovery page. Here is the information about that: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

Bets Regards,

Thema:

Help recovering account

1. Help recovering account - Similar Threads - Help recovering account

2. Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9): I need help recovering a lost account because I putted all my fallout 3 dlcs in that account and the dlc cd wont budge on my new account any help will do! submitted by /u/Ok-Sweet-6357 [link]...
  3. help recovering my lost account

in XBoX Accessibility
    help recovering my lost account: Around when the xbox 1 series s came out my dad bought me one for my birthday i used it all the way until 2021 which i got a pc, i hadent logged into the account since and my mom no longer has the...
  4. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...
  5. My account got stolen, how can I recover (PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account got stolen, how can I recover (PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!): My account was stolen when I joined a fake hypixel discord server, I read a similar article on another person (Kenzie Law) that went through what I went. However, I do know the hackers email and...
  6. Help recovering an account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help recovering an account?: My email address was hacked so along with it my gamertag. They changed the associated email and deleted my email and my back up email and phone number so as i couldn't recover it. I have put in a...
  7. Help recovering stolen minecraft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help recovering stolen minecraft account.: Hello, around june/july, my minecraft account was stolen. My microsoft account happened to vanish when that happened, I am not sure exactly how. But it did, and I ended up making another one with...
  8. HELP RECOVERING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND MY XBOX ACCOUNT (LOCKED OUT)

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP RECOVERING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND MY XBOX ACCOUNT (LOCKED OUT): Hi everyone, I need serious help getting back into my email account which is linked to my Xbox account, I've had my account for 17 years and when I first started my profile I cant remember what...
  9. need help recovering an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help recovering an old account: so I had a old xbox account that was attached to my moms work email and microsoft has stopped accepting work emails for account and when I try to sign into it it says the account doesn’t exist so...
  10. need help in recovering microsoft account for xbox and gamepass.

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help in recovering microsoft account for xbox and gamepass.: dears i need help in recovering microsoft account for retrieving xbox gamepass and i forgot the email and i know only the alternative email... please i need your help note:i didnt register it...