Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.

Discus and support Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My friend's young son set up his xbox account using his older bothers email address. Since the account was created there's been £600+ worth of games... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Pia Weekes, May 15, 2023.

1. Pia Weekes
    Pia Weekes Guest

Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.

My friend's young son set up his xbox account using his older bothers email address. Since the account was created there's been £600+ worth of games purchased on there.

To cut a long story short, the older son has massively fallen out with his Mum and in spite has somehow deactivated access to the younger son. All the purchases were made using the Mum's card details, for the younger son.

The younger son is in bits.

Does anybody know where they stand in being able to access the account back?

Thanks so much

:)

Pia Weekes, May 15, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Pia, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I do apologize but I'm afraid that there's nothing that can be done about this. As the older brother is the owner of the account you would need to work with him to see if he's willing to share the account again. Otherwise you would need to create a brand new account for your younger son.
  3. Zoe80 Win User

emails

It's my stepsons account as its his email address but for security reason as he's only 9 his older brother put his email down as he's 21 for security which is why I need the security code from him
  4. XA JJKILLERs Win User

emails

Hi.

My stepson got an xbox for christmas and it was set up by his older brother with his email address and bank card. He then proceeded to spend £300 on his brothers bank card (unsupervised play by his mother!) so he sold his xbox. For his birthday his dad and
    myself bought him an xbox and he set up a new gamertag, he still has his old gamer tag with all his other games on it however when trying to access it it asks for a security pin which has been sent to his older brothers email address and we can not get that
    code as his older brother wont give him it even when we try to explain we want to get rid of his details so he has no comeback from it, however we did have access to his old gamertag as we removed the credit card that was on it. so my question is how can i
    remove the email address for his old account and put mine on it? i have tries to go through xbox assist but still waiting!!
    In short that account is his older brothers unless his brother gives the ok to change the email its his microsoft account
  5. AridLizard Win User

Can't access a purchased game

if you purchased it on your son's account the confirmation email would be sent to the email address for his account.

the email address will be the one he uses to log in on his Xbox
  6. onyxishere Win User

Creating child profile

The Xbox One console is set up for online services which would require an email. I'm not fond of my son having an email address for Xbox Live either but I created a separate email address for him that I control and he has no access to.
Thema:

1. Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to. - Similar Threads - Help needed Son's

2. I need help with recovering my son password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with recovering my son password: I need assistance. We bought our son a new xbox when putting in his email he forgot his password. Please assist me as I tried everything possible f2496e23-9c01-49b9-a747-67891eb08e1d
  3. Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address: My email address as a parent ( Orginizer) , is associated with my son gamertag. This is an issue , since I can not control time limit for him under this gamer tag. I need help changing / replacing...
  4. Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s: My son is having a couple of issues transferring Dying Light & Battlefield 2042 from Xbox One to Series S. Most of his existing library has successfuly migrated via network transfer, but with...
  5. Need help with settings so my son can join friends.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need help with settings so my son can join friends.: I set an account up for my son, he is unable to send friend request as being told need to go to family settings for adult to give permission. I set the account up and the adult therefore what am I...
  6. HELP Son DIED, I need to cancel his xbox account/subscription. I'm still being charged. -...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP Son DIED, I need to cancel his xbox account/subscription. I'm still being charged. -...: My son's xbox subscription is being charged to my checking account. He died last month. I can not access his xbox. I need to cancel this subscription. and stop these continued chaHELP....
  7. Need help on xbox accessible controllers and configuration for disabled son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help on xbox accessible controllers and configuration for disabled son: just read about Xbox Adaptive Controllr and think it'd be great for my disabled son. But i know nothing about customizing/configuring for his use. Is there any tips on how to get help?...
  8. Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game: Ok my son bought titan fall 2nd hand recently and was wanting to play it yesterday Got the Xbox live membership to play it all fine Get's to a point where it says "you need an Xbox hard drive to...
  9. Added funds to parent account, now son cannot use funds. Need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added funds to parent account, now son cannot use funds. Need help: We did not realize we had set up two accounts. New to having an Xbox. Now funds are on parent account, and not on sons account that he has many hours of progress on his games. Any way to merge...
  10. I need help!! Fixing for my son!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help!! Fixing for my son!: I am needing some help! I have tried everything to fix this problem but nothing is helping! We have had an issue with this Xbox since we bought it 2 years ago but i was thinking it was the...