Help Needed: Controller Not Connecting After Shutdown (Xbox Series X)

Discus and support Help Needed: Controller Not Connecting After Shutdown (Xbox Series X) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having issues connecting my controller after the console has been shut down. When I hold the home button to turn the console on, it either... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMr_Papadapolis, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Help Needed: Controller Not Connecting After Shutdown (Xbox Series X)

I am having issues connecting my controller after the console has been shut down. When I hold the home button to turn the console on, it either continuously blinks or just lights up and stops lighting up when I stop holding it down. Holding this is supposed to wake the console, but it not only does not wake the console, it doesn't even connect to the console if I turn the console on manually. The only way I can connect the controller is to plug it in via USB and turn it on (after which I can disconnect it and it stays connected wirelessly), but it will only stay connected while the console is on. When the console shuts off, the same issues above come back and I am no longer able to wake the console with the controller or connect it without plugging it back in manually. Is this a known issue? I only have 1 controller for the console and have never connected any other controller to the console, it is the original controller the console came with and I have the most recent update for the controller, so I have no idea what the issue is. Also, the "sync" options to recognize the controller to the console does absolutely nothing; plugging it in is literally the only way it will connect. Is my controller just bunk? This is an extremely annoying issue that I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

xMr_Papadapolis, Mar 15, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi xMr_Papadapolis! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please, first try to change the batteries on the controller, if you can use non rechargeable new batteries will be the best

If that doesn't work please try the steps here

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Difficult connection of the pad at the console.

5. M1keD26 Win User

Xbox - Surface earbuds

Unfortunately not, currently any headset needs to be connected using a cable in to the controller or via the xbox one stereo adapter which attaches to the controller.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

I don't know yet whether or not they'll be able to be used with the Series X.
  6. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
Thema:

1. Help Needed: Controller Not Connecting After Shutdown (Xbox Series X) - Similar Threads - Help Needed Controller

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  4. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  5. Help with Xbox controllers needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Xbox controllers needed: Hi all, so for the last few years or so. I’ve been Encountering this very weird “ bug “ with all my Xbox controllers I use. My sticks ( in particular the right one ) is almost unusable. It moves...
  6. I need help with my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my controller: I got the white Powera advantage controller lumectra today 30 mins ago and in the powera hq app it said it needed an update and know the paddles won’t work 58b492ad-3445-4579-a4e7-3062a9b9de1f
  7. I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...: I don't know what is going on but when I am playing games and use my joystick (either right or left) to lool around, it will continue turning my player that way even if I have stopped using the...
  8. Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Technical support about my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 c7177218-1886-4ec6-904e-e1f21281d9b5
  9. Need help with controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with controller replacement: I sent my controller for repair and received it back still broken. Tried creating a new repair request but through the Microsoft devices page which doesn’t allow you to select a shipping address....
  10. Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.: I previously sent my controller to be repaired a couple weeks ago as the left bumper was becoming unresponsive. I received it back and the left bumper was working but after a few days of use the...