Help! My xbox turns off the Ethernet connection s in the house

Discus and support Help! My xbox turns off the Ethernet connection s in the house in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So everytime I turn my Xbox series x on it turns off every Ethernet connection in the house?! Background on it. I have a virgin media router, one port... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/International_Bed152, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Help! My xbox turns off the Ethernet connection s in the house

So everytime I turn my Xbox series x on it turns off every Ethernet connection in the house?!

Background on it. I have a virgin media router, one port has an Ethernet cable that goes upstairs to a network switch and the Xbox is plugged via Ethernet to this.

No issues in 4+ years until last week.

I have changed the Ethernet switch, I have changed the Ethernet cables, restarted router obvs and the Ethernet works fine on all my devices, until I turn the Xbox on. I have tried different ports on the router and the network switch and it’s just the Xbox turning on that causes the issue.

I have tried a Xbox series s instead (try to see if the Xbox was the problem) and the same thing happens. For context I have one up and one downstairs, both consoles worked without issue downstairs plugged into the router and did not do this issue, as soon as plugged in upstairs both Xbox had the issue.

Xbox console recognises it has an Ethernet plugged in but refuses to connect to the internet.

Also it is ethernet only, so when the Xbox is turned on and all ethernet connections go offline (cctv, sky, ps4, Xbox s) the WiFi remains on and working for anything connected to the WiFi. As soon as the Xbox is turned off about 30 secs later the ethernet connections work again ?

If I simply unplug the Ethernet cable from the Xbox it works on WiFi no issues.

I tried a device other than Xbox (laptop) and that works on the Ethernet, does not cause any issue and then I put it in the Xbox and the Ethernet connections immediately went

Also worth mentioning when initally turned on it knows what friends are online and gives me the adverts so it was connected to the internet albeit for a few seconds seemingly, then as soon as I click on a party or start a game it realises I’m apparently not online and then the home page updates saying I need to connect to internet

ISP see no issues with router.

So it seems the issue is xbox, but 2 diff consoles suggest something else? I tried resetting the Nat and things but no joy.

Thanks in advance for any help or assistance - it’s so frustrating!

submitted by /u/International_Bed152
    [link] [comments]

/u/International_Bed152, Nov 13, 2022
  2. MacCraker Win User

Controller refusing to unpair or pair to a system, and pairing to a nonexistant device

Turns out it was somehow trying to connect to either the xbox one s or xbox series s consoles in my house for some reason. Turning them off fixed it.

Sidenote: In all my experiences with wireless xbox controllers (xbox 360, xbox one, xbox series x/s) the sync button needs to be held to be put into pairing mode (quarter ring rotating clockwise /flashing xbox logo), while the button on the console needs a single press, if it helps anyone.
  3. Stevefromdownun Win User

Why can’t I start my Xbox onex first time every time?

Troubleshooting is fine... but this is not a one off. Over and iver i have this issue. Basically wvery time i turn it on... not acceptable.

Im usung a wired ethernet connection.

Nothing else in the house, wired or otherwise EVER has trouble with the internet connection.
  4. steven.gameo7 Win User

Cannot connect Xbox One to PC via Xbox Console Companion

Well, we have two routers in our house. My PC is connected to one of them using an Ethernet cable. I brought my Xbox closer to the same router and tried to connect both wirelessly and through another Ethernet cable. No luck, sadly.

I have an antivirus software on (Norton 360) but I don't exactly know how to turn it off. I'm assuming my Firewall is connected to this so it would also be on, not entirely sure how all of it works.

I tried putting in the IP address manually, but it gave me an error, saying it "couldn't find the console."
  5. Fitterguy73 Win User

Problems for home Wifi when Xbox One Is wired into network

No, it's a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580. It has the modem and router all in one. I bought it a few years ago. I never had this problem when my Xbox 360 was wired into it. It was kind of the reason I ran ethernet through my house. While the Xbox One is connected
    to ethernet you can use the wired computer in the house, but no wifi connected devices. Unplug the Xbox One Ethernet and they all run no problem.
  6. Spike1968 Win User

My console turns on alone

Hello everyone!

Whenever I turn on my connected TV (s..ung) my xbox one console turns on? It is connected by ethernet cable.
    I prefer to turn on my console myself. What should I do?
    Check which hdmi port you are using on your tv. If you are using port one for your xbox your tv sends a signal through the port to auto start. You can check in you tv settings to turn that off.
Thema:

Help! My xbox turns off the Ethernet connection s in the house

1. Help! My xbox turns off the Ethernet connection s in the house - Similar Threads - Help turns off

2. Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...: Hi all hopefully someone can help I'd turned cross play option off in my xbox settings so I'd only play with xbox users but now when I try to turn it back on again its saying it on I.e I can play...
  3. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  4. I need help my Xbox One S has been weird I turn it on the it turns it self off can someone help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help my Xbox One S has been weird I turn it on the it turns it self off can someone help: And when I would try a different outlet, it will do the same thing in the when I will try different power cord, it would do the same thing, and I don't really know what to do. I'm kind of scared...
  5. Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...: My old microsoft account was "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" but after it was changed I was unable to log back in. Since my minecraft account was connected to...
  6. can anyone help me when i turn off the vpn my Minecraft is asking me to buy it again im...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can anyone help me when i turn off the vpn my Minecraft is asking me to buy it again im...: i have some photos if i can import it 43824444-f7f3-485e-bea5-603c63efc80d
  7. System turns on then back off help

in XBoX on Consoles
    System turns on then back off help: I was playing halo and in the middle of a match the game froze. So I turned the system off and let it sit for a little bit and now the system will turn on but after 10-15 seconds the fan stops and...
  8. Help me! Xbox wireless headset completely unresponsive will not turn off, or hard reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me! Xbox wireless headset completely unresponsive will not turn off, or hard reset.: I downloaded a firmware update this past week. played with the headset on my xbox for a couple of hours no problem. Then went to use it with my laptop. It dropped the bluetooth connection a couple...
  9. Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?: I went to turn my xbox on and it does the chime of it turning on and the white xbox light comes. Seconds after though it just shuts itself off and doesn’t come on at all. My power brick turns...
  10. My narrator WILL NOT TURN OFF BUT ONLY ON MINECRAFT! i need help like this the most...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My narrator WILL NOT TURN OFF BUT ONLY ON MINECRAFT! i need help like this the most...: My narrator WILL NOT TURN OFF BUT ONLY ON MINECRAFT! i need help like this the most annoying issue i’ve run into with Xbox 4b2419da-45d5-4b5d-8418-3a88f016c222