HELP MY I HAVE A OPEN TRAY ERROR

Discus and support HELP MY I HAVE A OPEN TRAY ERROR in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i try fix the drive it dont work but i want to kill the disc drive my xbox 360 says 'open tray' i managed to read it but it is still a proplem if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michaelnaber, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Michaelnaber
    Michaelnaber Guest

i try fix the drive it dont work

but i want to kill the disc drive

my xbox 360 says

'open tray'

i managed to read it but it is still a proplem

if someone a way to fix it pls say it

its maybe a old oil

:)

Michaelnaber, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Michaelnaber Win User

maybe it was the oil in it. it was old
  3. Michaelnaber Win User

Hello ,

Try to follow the steps described here :

1: Turn off the machine (with no disc in).

2: Turn on the machine by opening the disc tray.

3: Physically force the disc tray back in with force. Not so much that you snap the thing or knock it off its runners, but enough that the motors stop retracting the tray.

The tray should stop ajar for a few seconds before the machine composes itself and continues to retract the tray.

4: Reboot the Xbox and the drive should function normally.

(Instructions retrieved from
    https://es.ifixit.com/Respuestas/Ver/30590/Xbox+always+says+open+disc+tray
    )

schnurrer
    ok
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

5. schnurren Win User

Hello Michaelnaber,

Try to follow the steps described here :

1: Turn off the machine (with no disc in).

2: Turn on the machine by opening the disc tray.

3: Physically force the disc tray back in with force. Not so much that you snap the thing or knock it off its runners, but enough that the motors stop retracting the tray.

The tray should stop ajar for a few seconds before the machine composes itself and continues to retract the tray.

4: Reboot the Xbox and the drive should function normally.

(Instructions retrieved from
    https://es.ifixit.com/Respuestas/Ver/30590/Xbox+always+says+open+disc+tray
    )

schnurrer
  6. Michaelnaber Win User

What means:

i try fix the drive it dont work

but i want to kill the disc drive

[...]
    Have you opened the console?

What's the problem? Your drive didn't open to eject disc?

You can follow the step in this page to manual open it: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/manually-eject-disc

it eject but it dont read it

i think it was a screw with oil that spins the laser around

its maybe too old. i thinks that i replace the oil

and wich oil is it
Thema:

1. HELP MY I HAVE A OPEN TRAY ERROR - Similar Threads - HELP OPEN TRAY

2. Please help, can't open any games

in XboX Insiders
    Please help, can't open any games: Hi everyone, So my Xbox isn't loading any games.. been doing it for 2 weeks so I did a full reset and all was good... Until 2 days later.. I lost my cool because I can't open anything once again....
  3. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...
  4. I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?: [img] I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Help d2ceb160-e98e-47ac-9b2c-442ff356f022
  5. Help! I can't open the legacy launcher anymore even after I redownload it!

in XBoX on Windows
    Help! I can't open the legacy launcher anymore even after I redownload it!: I need some serious help with the legacy launcher not working cuz. I was trying to reset my password and accidentally pressed next without re-entering the new password, So it went into an infinite...
  6. help pls it crash when i play the game for some time or when i open the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help pls it crash when i play the game for some time or when i open the game: BugcheckCode278 BugcheckParameter10xffffca822abc3010 BugcheckParameter20xfffff80793716730 BugcheckParameter30xffffffffc000009a BugcheckParameter40x4 SleepInProgress0 PowerButtonTimestamp0...
  7. Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me: I tried downloading it and it refuses to work like **** I spent $30 on this game only for it not to work pls help me like I really really really really really really really really really really...
  8. When I click on my xbox icon on PC the app won't open? Any help is appreciated.

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I click on my xbox icon on PC the app won't open? Any help is appreciated.: When I click on the icon the app won't open. I haven't done anything different and my subscription is good and doesn't renew until the Jan. 1st. No clue what I need to do and any help would be...
  9. hey could anyone help with this issue when ever i open my xbox rewards on mx xbox it says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hey could anyone help with this issue when ever i open my xbox rewards on mx xbox it says...: hey could anyone help with this issue when ever i open my xbox rewards on mx xbox it says service unavalible i am in saudia arabia.. 7c8bd985-eb2f-402f-962a-e6ff8c9be04e
  10. Xbox 360 "Open Tray" help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 "Open Tray" help: xbox 360. I decided to try putting a movie disc into my xbox from the xbox tray and then it didnt work but thats not the problem after that all xbox 360 game disc wont read all it says is "Open...