Help! Microsoft is Holding my Money Hostage!

Discus and support Help! Microsoft is Holding my Money Hostage! in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; After three weeks of being bounced back and forth like a ping-pong ball by Microsoft's horrendous, and frankly, useless chat and phone support techs, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Victor Capo, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Victor Capo
    Victor Capo Guest

After three weeks of being bounced back and forth like a ping-pong ball by Microsoft's horrendous, and frankly, useless chat and phone support techs, I have yet to get this issue resolved. I figure posting my nightmare experience on the forums will a) Bring
    light to how absolutely awful Microsoft treats their customers, and b) Finally get my issue resolved. Here goes:

On August 10th, I took advantage of Xbox's Gold sale and bought a bunch of digital content directly through my Xbox One X console ($205.01 to be exact). I threw everything into the digital cart, and as soon and I pressed the CHECK OUT button, I received
    an error message on my Xbox. However, my $100 Microsoft balance was immediately deducted from my account, and the $105.01 balance was immediately charged to the credit card I had on file.

Whatever, no biggie -- I'll just re-download the stuff I just purchased. Yet lo and behold, when I went to download the stuff I was just charged for, it all showed as unowned -- Xbox wanted me to repurchase everything it had just charged me for.

OK, no problem. I'll just look the order up in my Order History and download everything from there. But what's this? The order I just placed doesn't appear anywhere. It's as if I never even made the purchase in the first place! I didn't even get an email
    confirmation with an order number. But mind you, I WAS STILL CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT.

Time to (sigh) contact Xbox Customer Service.

First time I call they tell me they can SEE the order I tried to place on their end and it's stuck for some reason, so they'll need to escalate the issue to the Payment team and I'll hear back from them in 24-48 hours.

Three days later, no word. I call again. This time, the rep tells me I need to request a refund and go ahead and re-purchase everything I bought in my original order to make sure I lock in the sale prices. She walks me through submitting a refund request
    online and I go ahead and purchase $205.01 worth of items. One. By. One. (My Cart stopped working after the first error.)

Within hours I get an automated email from Microsoft telling me that my Refund Request was cancelled and that a deeper investigation is being made into my issue. I'll hear from them in 24-48 hours.

Four days later, and Microsoft is still holding my $205.01 hostage. I call again, this time I demand to speak to a supervisor, who assures me that the case will be escalated (wasn't it already escalated from the other times I called?) and that she will personally
    reach out to me with updates, but it could take up to 48 hours.

Five days later, no word from anyone, my money is still stuck in Microsoft's system, my Cart still doesn't work. I call. Again. This time I demand a resolution NOW. No more waiting, no more escalations, no more "We'll contact you soon" seeing as how all
    those are blatant lies and plain disrespect to a customer. The tech puts me on hold, promises to resolve my issue.

When he comes back on the line, he tells me he has to escalate the issue (AGAIN?!), and that he will personally call me back to see that I get my money back.

I have never been treated so poorly in my life, and the fact that I have to fight so hard for money that Microsoft has now essentially STOLEN from me is beyond ridiculous. One rep suggested I just dispute the charge with my credit card company, which I would
    happily do, as it would be a much less painful process than what I'm going through now, but since $100 of the original purchase came from my Microsoft balance, I have to run through their insane hoops just to get a refund for something that wasn't even my
    fault and has furthermore crippled functionality on my Xbox (i.e., no more Shopping Cart).

Can anyone on these forums help me? Because clearly the mainline Xbox support team isn't interested.

:)

Victor Capo, Aug 29, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Victor

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are seeking to resolve the matter with not receiving the content you purchased via you Xbox console.

Once a case has been escalated, the team reviewing this information can take a bit longer to resolve the matter, as everything escalated is treated on a case-by-case scenario.

Here on the Xbox Forums, we don't have the necessary tools required to reach a favorable solution for you. Your best bet would be for you to reply to any email sent out to you by the agent that escalated your case to get further info on this matter.

As there is currently no other information that we can provide for you, we will now be locking this thread to prevent repetitive answers.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
  3. Haunting Win User

Issues Connecting Dewxp account with my xbox live account

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem... Get on it Microsoft!

Don't make me hold your professional services rep hostage @ my job site until this is resolved! :)
  4. Andrew Hill2 Win User

Never got refund for a cancelled pre order

I had the same thing happen to me. It says you can go back to the store to pre order again but I can't cause Microsoft is holding my money hostage apparently with this never before seen or heard of 10 day before release "refund policy" sounds like blatant robbery since we can be charged instantly but mysteriously takes weeks before you get your money
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

Holding credit cards hostage for free games

It`s hardly holding them hostage as they are not asking for a ransom, lol
  6. FlyingDaddio Win User

Unable to download Foo Fighters II song pack for Rocksmith 2014 on 360

Hello again Microsoft for continuing to expect users to buy your games and then hold us hostage while your "EXPERTS" try to resolve an obvious App issue. in the meantime keep the customer in the corner as they say and. Maybe we will just will give up...
    Why not just admit you have no idea on how to fix the problem... Give us our money back... Give us our. Money back... This has been going on long enough
Thema:

1. Help! Microsoft is Holding my Money Hostage! - Similar Threads - Help Microsoft Holding

2. I dont wanna pay this ,pls help me MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO

in XBoX Accessibility
    I dont wanna pay this ,pls help me MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO: MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO SG i dont wanna lost my money with this 8c440118-2069-4170-8628-36a5b3ca2a0f
  3. I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...: Basically my PlayStation account on minecraft Isn’t letting me sign in and I’ve tried multiple accounts to determine which one it is and its not even telling me which one it is. Can anyone please...
  4. Hello Microsoft, I have a problem entering Visa into my account. Can you help me?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello Microsoft, I have a problem entering Visa into my account. Can you help me?: Hello Microsoft, I have a problem entering Visa into my account. Can you help me? 90352adb-3161-4852-b127-49b43583dc8d
  5. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095
  6. Help I'm lost in codes, microsoft site is no help

in XboX Insiders
    Help I'm lost in codes, microsoft site is no help: I have bought a second hand series x but OSU1 throws out this error: 0x8B050084 0x00000000 0x00000201 Now I believe this may mean it's an insiders console, but I do not know the previous owner...
  7. i need help with continuas charges on my microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with continuas charges on my microsoft account: i continue to have $1.00 charges on my bill daily. What is it and how do I stop it 892b67e2-2b33-443e-ac91-e5da905705a6
  8. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...
  9. Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts: Hi all, so I set up last Christmas my 14year old his Xbox series x using my Microsoft log in details and now his Xbox profile thinks he is me and also now I have downloaded the Xbox family app...
  10. Need help finding Microsoft account associated with Minecraft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help finding Microsoft account associated with Minecraft account: Hi I migrated my mojang account like 2 years ago (have the emails to prove it) but I cannot remember the microsoft account I migrated too nor have I saved it anywhere. Is there anyway someone from...