Help me set-up my Xbox One S, because the United States Antarctic Program wont!

Discus and support Help me set-up my Xbox One S, because the United States Antarctic Program wont! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello people of the forum! A bit of background: I'm currently living and working on the southernmost continent on our planet, Antarctica. More... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MoltenL33tSauce, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Help me set-up my Xbox One S, because the United States Antarctic Program wont!

Hello people of the forum!

A bit of background:

I'm currently living and working on the southernmost continent on our planet, Antarctica. More specifically I work at McMurdo Station, Antarctica which is located on Ross Island. I'll be "On the ice" until approximately October 2018, and in an attempt to
    fill the downtime I purchased a new Xbox one S from Amazon of Black Friday. After waiting somewhere around one(1)-ish months for the console to arrive here, I learned that unlike my previous Xbox 360 the Xbox One required the use of internet to set-up before
    being able to play disk games.

This leads me to the dilemma which i'm currently writing about:

The current IT infrastructure at McMurdo Station is not built to support the everyday comforts of us peons (I'm a typical laborer supporting scientific endeavors). The current Internet situation looks a little something like this: Data transits to and from
    McMurdo station via space satellite and is received at Black Island, Antarctica located roughly 25 miles from McMurdo; with data speeds in the area of 20mb/s to be shared amongst 700-1200 people. With the current policies in place set forth by the United States
    Antarctic Program, Game consoles or anything other than a desktop or laptop computer running the most current OS and Anti-Virus software are not allowed to connect to the internet.

The point:

I can't connect the Xbox to the internet to set it up, is there any other way to set this thing up so I can play games and other such non-sense? I would rather use this thing in my off-time while i'm here rather than sending it back to the states, or returning
    it to Amazon.

I'm aware this post was incredibly long, if you've read the thread in its entirety I thank you.

:)

MoltenL33tSauce, Jan 2, 2018
  2. address on my account

its saying i live in united states but wont let me change it to united kingdom which means cant put my postcode in, and then again means wont let me off that page to go further on my account please help its now done my head in thanks miss s davies

IcedLemur172821, Jan 2, 2018
  3. AnujaAgrawal
    AnujaAgrawal Guest
    I am unable to join the xbox live rewards program despite of being the US!

Hi, I have an xbox. I moved to US a couple of months ago from India.

Xbox live rewards program is not available in India. But it is available in the United States

I changed the location from India to United States in my Microsot account, why wouldn't it let me join the Xbox Live rewards program Help me set-up my Xbox One S, because the United States Antarctic Program wont! :(

Need help please.

AnujaAgrawal, Jan 2, 2018
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey MoltenL33tSauce! Firstly, thank you for your commitment to the advancement of scientific knowledge! Unfortunately, the Xbox does require an initial update in order to play games offline. Aside from updating through the console, you would have to obtain
    a flash drive to preform an offline update. Steps on doing so can be found
    here
    . Thank you again and we hope you are able to get back to gaming!

Mister Cizl, Jan 3, 2018
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey MoltenL33tSauce! Firstly, thank you for your commitment to the advancement of scientific knowledge! Unfortunately, the Xbox does require an initial update in order to play games offline. Aside from updating through the console, you would have to obtain
    a flash drive to preform an offline update. Steps on doing so can be found
    here
    . Thank you again and we hope you are able to get back to gaming!
  6. chris lincoln1 Win User

i did a offline update and now when i press on the network settings option it dont work just fades. no network connection iver, wot csn i do please?

i need help, my xbox one s wont let me access the network settings. it kicks me straight back out?
  7. xLoSxBU11ETZz Win User

So I recently Bought Soulcalibur V On The Xbox Marketplace. I Went To Let It Download And It Keeps Popping Up That It Stopped. I Stay On The Xbox Home So I Can Download It and It Keeps Doing It. Anyone Able To Help Me?

I Am Using An Ethernet And It Is Set For United States Which Is Where I Live Its Just It Wont Download I Bought It But It Wont Download On My Account.
  8. KOSxLethal Win User

Preview Program Billing issue

I LIVE IN THE USA AND EVERYTHING HERE IS ALL UNITED STATES . MY REGION MY BANK CARD IS UNITES STATES MY XBOX I SET UNITED STATES ALSO
  9. TH3 DEADLY SIN Win User

My Xbox One console got banned!

hi Daft Badger,

yes this is the problem i didn't change the region from one to one, the region is set to United States and my account linked to my Bank of America since 2001 and i buy games and pre-order games since that time, we move between Kuwait and United States, I
    am Kuwaiti and my wife American and i have Xbox here in Kuwait and in United States, I don't think so this is the problem because this is what i do for since 2006 and I use my Xbox console for 15 years this is the first time the console got banned
Thema:

1. Help me set-up my Xbox One S, because the United States Antarctic Program wont! - Similar Threads - Help set United

2. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

in XboX Insiders
    Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings: i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete...
  3. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...
  4. I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings

in XboX Insiders
    I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings: Tv says it allow 4k 60hz gaming, but Xbox won’t Allow me to turn on the 50hz tab in display settings submitted by /u/MrHerbaDerb [link] [comments]
  5. need help with settings to join friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    need help with settings to join friends in minecraft: i cannot join my friends in minecraft, when i try to change my settings, it tells me i am unable to do so and that it is because i am part of a xbox family group, though i am not. Can anyone help...
  6. Where is the support for setting up the very expensive Xbox series x help? I am stick in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is the support for setting up the very expensive Xbox series x help? I am stick in...: I have been trying to setup my new Xbox series x. It up dated on the middle of the set up, and is now stuck at the turn on controller and will not go further. Controller just blinking. Can't find...
  7. Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel: You see, it has a manual on what to map the buttons to, however it doesnt tell you how to do it on xbox, ps4 or on switch. It also thinks that the gear up/down paddles are extra triggers....
  8. Help setting up separate game pass accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help setting up separate game pass accounts: I am starting a business that uses 10 Xbox consoles. Each consoles will need to have its own game van account. How can I buy a separate game pass account on consoles after the first one. When I...
  9. why dont i have a gaming option on settings? pls help (im on my windows 10 pro)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why dont i have a gaming option on settings? pls help (im on my windows 10 pro): hello everyone pls help me i dont have a gaming option in my windows settings pls help me i am on my windows 10 pro d5181784-1be7-462b-8b90-a5ecabf456ee
  10. Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps: How do i change my nat settings on my xbox one it stays on strict plz help i tried multiple ways no luck e91fb54e-f9a9-4ff6-ad6b-823559a35480