Help: Locked Out of Email Used for Xbox, Can’t Stop Billing

Discus and support Help: Locked Out of Email Used for Xbox, Can’t Stop Billing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, My live.com email was recently locked due to what appeared to be an attempted attack. My dilemma is that the phone number I used to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nicholas Ramsay, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Help: Locked Out of Email Used for Xbox, Can’t Stop Billing

Hey Everyone,

My live.com email was recently locked due to what appeared to be an attempted attack. My dilemma is that the phone number I used to receive a verification code on the Live account was a Skype phone number. In other words, by being locked out of the live.com account I used to create the Skype account, I’m now locked out of Skype and can’t get the verification code I need.

Microsoft is still billing me each month for the Xbox service which is extremely frustrating given the account is locked and they know I can’t access it. Does anyone have any recommendations on what options I have? I’ve tried the account recovery form dozens of times but it’s proven to be useless.

:)

Nicholas Ramsay, Mar 9, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Nicholas, if you tried the Account Recovery form and it didn't work, you should try to contact Xbox support via live chat and request an ATO (Account Takeover), this is because this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and procedures that Xbox Support has.

However, ATO is a similar procedure to the online form, but done by a Microsoft agent, it will need as much information as possible for you to do the procedure.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Here in the community we are independent consultants, so we do not have access to the same information and tools that support has.

Each account recovery case is unique, and if you request the ATO, you must wait for a response from Microsoft's investigation department.

As for the payment, try to contact your financial entity and cancel the charge or cancel your card.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Microsoft can unilaterally remove purchasing from your Live Account permanently without your permission!

Account billing locks only apply to the service that initiated the lock

Unless it was your card that issued the lock then they would have a choice of one lock out till you call or your card gets completely locked till you call the card provider from the email it I'd xbox billing lock which takes awhile to fix

as it has to go higher then customer support
  4. MacTravis Win User

Email Account locked, can’t sign into gamertag or any Microsoft services

Did you just give me false information? Because I’ve tried that and XBOX live said they can’t do anything on the accounts. They can’t access the email, or change the email. They can’t do anything to give me access to the gamertag according to the person that called me. They said only Microsoft and outlook can do anything about it as the email can only be changed by logging into it which i can’t do because the email is locked…
  5. Julian Robles2 Win User

I lost my Xbox account which I spent a lot of money on and can’t find out the email I used for it and I can’t find it because I got a new phone

I can’t remember the email I used and can’t access it do u know a way I could find out I don’t have a Xbox family group
  6. WPAK Win User

Не могу прекратить периодическое выставление счетов и отменить подписку EA Access [I can't stop recurring billing and cancel my EA Access subscription]

Thema:

1. Help: Locked Out of Email Used for Xbox, Can’t Stop Billing - Similar Threads - Help Locked Email

2. Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!: Hi there, I signed up for a Microsoft account a year ago to access games on my old computer. I used it for a week, and forgot about it. My credit card has been charged ever since. I have tried...
  3. Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!: Hi there, I signed up for a Microsoft account a year ago to access games on my old computer. I used it for a week, and forgot about it. My credit card has been charged ever since. I have tried...
  4. Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify: I am locked out of hotmail, my son tried to reset the xbox and I got kicked out of email. I cannot reset password as it has a non existing email address to send to and the phone number I have on...
  5. HELP RECOVERING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND MY XBOX ACCOUNT (LOCKED OUT)

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP RECOVERING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND MY XBOX ACCOUNT (LOCKED OUT): Hi everyone, I need serious help getting back into my email account which is linked to my Xbox account, I've had my account for 17 years and when I first started my profile I cant remember what...
  6. locked out of Microsoft account please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    locked out of Microsoft account please help!: Hi I am having a similar issue as Josh_A_8891. MICROSOFT Decided to lock my account I KNOW MY %^%$*(^ PASSWORD.... Automated system is a joke I need a point of contact.... MY email address was...
  7. My battlepass has locked half way through help me please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My battlepass has locked half way through help me please: My battlepass has locked half way through in COD help please c382bf76-5208-4468-a7c8-202a8e4076a1
  8. I need help with my sister's locked out microsoft account ASAP please, she is in a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my sister's locked out microsoft account ASAP please, she is in a...: Basically she is locked out of her account with 2 step verification. We follow all the online prompts including the backup email but when we get to the 2nd step verification with the cell numberis...
  9. Locked out of my account from 2016. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of my account from 2016. Please help: When i was still a fresh squeaker in elementary i watched my stepbrother ***** on bo1 and play old school forza so much that i begged my mom for an xbox of my own. And eventually i got it around...
  10. my account is locked and none is helping me to unlock it there is no verify step or next button

in XBoX Accessibility
    my account is locked and none is helping me to unlock it there is no verify step or next button: my account is locked and none is helping me to unlock it there is no verify step or next button and when i submit a fourm none will email me and i only need the xbox account to be moved to...