Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back.

Discus and support Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I need your help. I accidentally deleted the folder where the recordings made by xbox game bar were saved and now I don't know how to recover... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by José Carlos Bayas, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back.

Hello, I need your help. I accidentally deleted the folder where the recordings made by xbox game bar were saved and now I don't know how to recover that folder because I can't see the videos that are recorded. I used that feature a lot. Help!

:)

José Carlos Bayas, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Álvaro De Miguel Win User

How do I get back my Captures folder?

I'm talking about my PC, I selected Xbox because the problem has to do with the Xbox Game Bar.

I installed windows on my 240 GB SSD, and have a 1 TB HDD to save stuff like videos, etc.

I accidentally deleted the "Captures" folder, which is in the Videos folder. And I don't know how to get it back, I can't get it back from the reciclying bin because I deleted it permanently.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

What was deleted from the recycle bin cannot be recovered, you will need to create another folder, and set it in the Xbox Game Bar settingshttps://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/adjust-capture-settings-windows-10#:~:text=Configura%C3%A7%C3%B5es%20de%20captura%20no%20Xbox%20Game%20Bar&text=Para%20abrir%20as%20configura%C3%A7%C3%B5es%20do,e%20selecione%20Configura%C3%A7%C3%B5es%20e%20Captura.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

5. Kittenflap Win User

Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?

No, I am not able to access the original 'Captures' folder from the Videos folder in the C Drive as I moved it to a portable hard drive. I created a new 'Captures' folder in the C Drive, but the Game Bar doesn't want to recognize it as a new one, that's
    my issue. Is there a way to make the new folder a default location for new captures?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox App Game DVR

Hey there!

When you started capturing your clips did you start capturing them in the external HD, or did you save them to the default file drive which is C:\users\%username%\Videos\Captures?

I would suggest trying to capture a new game clip without your external HD plugged in to see what it says when it asks you where you want to save the clips.

Also what do you see when you open up your captures folder from the Game Bar?

To see where your captures are saved, open Game bar and select the My captures folder, or press the
    Start button, choose Settings > Gaming >
    Captures. Press the Open folder button to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your Videos folder (named
    Captures). The Captures folder can be moved to different places on your PC.

There should also be a help link when you select Captures that says "How to save to a different folder".

Try that out and let us know what happens.
Thema:

1. Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back. - Similar Threads - Help deleted game

2. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...
  3. Help Xbox App deleted my Starfield install and keeps trying to redownload the entire 120gb...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help Xbox App deleted my Starfield install and keeps trying to redownload the entire 120gb...: Trying to move my starfield install to a different drive deleted the entire games! I though luck was on my side because I made 3 backup of the files anticipating how trash the xbox app on pc is....
  4. I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails: I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts. is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my...
  5. My MW2 and MW3 profile have been deleted please help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My MW2 and MW3 profile have been deleted please help me?: My modern warfare 2 and modern warfare 3 accounts have been greatly minimized from everything I bought I still had 1400 modern warfare money and it’s gone I also had about 30 different skins and I...
  6. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY: I am using my son's account. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers and your support is completely useless as it constantly requires me to sign back in to get assistance and yet I...
  7. Help Needed to Recover Minecraft Account Lost During Email Deletion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help Needed to Recover Minecraft Account Lost During Email Deletion: Hello, fellow Minecraft enthusiasts, A while back, I migrated my Minecraft Account from Mojang to Microsoft with the intention of having a specific account solely for Minecraft and another for...
  8. May someone help me with a deleted message?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    May someone help me with a deleted message?: Hello, I accidentally deleted all of my messages with my friend and I’m panicking because those messages really mean alot to me and I really want to get them all restored! Thank you!...
  9. My Personal Email is Trapped inside a Deleted Account and it wont remove itself please help me

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Personal Email is Trapped inside a Deleted Account and it wont remove itself please help me: On July 14 Around 37 days ago I closed a account with my personal email one which I wish to put on my actual account. I waited the 30 days and another 7 so that I can swap my emails around but it...
  10. cant delete xbox game folder need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant delete xbox game folder need help: cant delete xbox game folder need help ac16357e-0885-4016-a02c-e6817483bfd1