Help i can't play 120 fps even if I set the screen refresh rate to 120 hertz

Discus and support Help i can't play 120 fps even if I set the screen refresh rate to 120 hertz in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i just bought a 240 hertz monitor that supports 1.4 and 2.0 but when i set my screen refresh rate to 120 hertz nothing changes i mean i can change... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vurvuq, Feb 26, 2023.

1. vurvuq
    vurvuq Guest

So i just bought a 240 hertz monitor that supports 1.4 and 2.0 but when i set my screen refresh rate to 120 hertz nothing changes i mean i can change my hertz to 120 but i cant boost my fps please help

:)

vurvuq, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Vurvuq!

What exactly is your Xbox console model and the game you're playing specifically? Have you tried other games that support 120 FPS?

Please note that 120Hz is only available for 1080p and 1440p resolution. Make sure you set your resolution into that setting. Some monitors as well only support higher graphic specs using DisplayPort not HDMI, so kindly check on that one.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X 1440p framerate

Hi,

High refresh rates on Xbox Series X/S and even on Xbox One S/X provide two functions.

On Series X/S where a game supports a 120 fps mode, a high 120Hz connection facilitates that frame rate. If your display can't do 120Hz, you can't play a 120 FPS supported game. But, there is a possibility that a game may not be able to hit its intended
    frame rate all the time and may drop frames. This is where VRR (variable refresh rate) via FreeSync and 120Hz come in by smoothing out the dropped frames and eliminating screen tearing.

But you don't need to change refresh rate to play a game that is locked to 60 fps. You can still keep your refresh and it won't affect your gaming experience. As I stated earlier, you can only get a 120 FPS on games that support that frame rate. The high
    refresh will just make the experience smoother. It's up to developers on how their games perform on the console just like the options available in Dirt 5.

While the Series X can do 4K 120Hz with newer HDMI 2.1 displays you won't see many AAA titles doing this as it's way too demanding for the system.
  4. NithinSinkaran Win User

XBX Series X - 1440p @120 hz issue onsamsung 27hg70q

Hi

I managed to address this.

Steps

1. On monitor settings turn of AMD free sync

2. Change the refresh rate from 144 to 120

3. On x box display settings unchek enable 4K

4. Change resolution to 1440p

5. Change refresh rate to 120Hz

Played Doom at 120 and it was awesome 😎.
  5. Shaneblack82 Win User

Buy an XBOX ONE X or wait 1 year at SCARLET?

The biggest question for people playing on their tv's is the 120 fps. Most tvs do not support this refresh rate. A lot of people will need to switch to a gaming monitors to tale full advantage of "Scarlet".
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Black screen after manual override of 120HZ

Hi LIAMSHARMAN! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you have an Xbox Series S console, or if your TV doesn’t support HDMI 2.1, you can still enable 120 Hz gaming at a lower resolution. To do this, set your Refresh rate on the TV & display options screen to 120 Hz. If your resolution was previously set to 4K, the console will automatically adjust the resolution to support the 120 Hz refresh rate. Otherwise, select a resolution from the available options.

If you own an Xbox Series S and wish to game in 4K@120Hz, you’ll need to acquire a certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cable.
Thema:

1. Help i can't play 120 fps even if I set the screen refresh rate to 120 hertz - Similar Threads - Help can't play

2. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  3. I have a negative problem so i bought plat and i still can't play. can someone please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a negative problem so i bought plat and i still can't play. can someone please help: I have a negative plat problem so i bought plat and it still won't let me play I could really use some help 3e86f927-a222-4e7b-89a6-b37bcc718cda
  4. I can't connect to xbox 360 live on my xbox one. Trying to play mw2. Can any one help sort this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't connect to xbox 360 live on my xbox one. Trying to play mw2. Can any one help sort this: So I have been playing modern warfare 2 on xbox one. As it is backwards compatible. I can't connect to the xbox live to play it. I done a fee things like reset console, router. Done a full console...
  5. Can't play one of my favorite games due to gamepass glitch Please HELP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play one of my favorite games due to gamepass glitch Please HELP: So I bought the game DayZ a long time ago. About 5 months ago I was gifted game pass ultimate by code. I haven't paid for it. Now everytime I try joining a server it says "Renew Your Gamepass" to...
  6. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  7. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  8. I bought a nex xbox series x, can't play games I own. Tried to get help, callback keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a nex xbox series x, can't play games I own. Tried to get help, callback keeps...: I bought a new xbox series x today, can't play games I own (work fine on my xbox one). Tried to get help, callback keeps saying not availible and live chat isn't an option. Wishing I'd bought a...
  9. Hello. I subscribed to Xbox live but I still can't play multiplayer online. Help please.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I subscribed to Xbox live but I still can't play multiplayer online. Help please.: Hello. I subscribed to Xbox live but I still can't play multiplayer online. Help please. 2d835dcd-8a16-48c7-9ef1-da0bd17d293a
  10. I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help: I currently bought an Xbox series s and I put my Microsoft account on the Xbox series s and since then I haven't been able to play on Minecraft realms at all but I can play online multiplayer with...