HELP: how to transfer save file on xbox 360? Deleted offline account. Save file useless?

Discus and support HELP: how to transfer save file on xbox 360? Deleted offline account. Save file useless? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I deleted my offline profile not knowing that it can't be recovered...but I still have my save file that is linked to "unknown profile". I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JOE BXIV, Jan 12, 2015.

1. JOE BXIV
    JOE BXIV Guest

HELP: how to transfer save file on xbox 360? Deleted offline account. Save file useless?

I deleted my offline profile not knowing that it can't be recovered...but I still have my save file that is linked to "unknown profile".

I tried moving/copying the save file, but I can't since it said the save file is not transferrable.

I don't have the Diablo 3 CD anymore, but I do have the reaper of souls. I even created a new profile with the exact same username that I had, and it didn't work.

so... does that mean my save file is just gonna sit there and be useless?

please help, I'm freaking out.

:)

JOE BXIV, Jan 12, 2015
  2. leburn98
    leburn98 Guest
    Horzion 3 hacked already... whoo hoo cross play right?

Crossplay is not an issue, but play anywhere potentially is. On 360 many of the CoD/GTA hacks were profile/saved file based. What this means was a player would transfer their save to the PC (using USB/transfer cable) and modify the files. A modified console was not required.

It is my understanding that it's not possible on XB1 yet, but with Play Anywhere's save transfer, it could be. So in theory someone could start a game on PC, mod their save file to give all perks, cars, etc. then transfer that back to their Xbox. I would assume that at some point MS will have some sort of save file verification when transferring save files from PC to Xbox and vice versa.

leburn98, Jan 12, 2015
  3. ThaPhantom07
    ThaPhantom07 Guest
    Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 Save Ownership

Is there a way to change what account owns the save file? My friend has a different account on 360 than on X1 but wants to transfer characters.

ThaPhantom07, Jan 12, 2015
  4. HELP: how to transfer save file on xbox 360? Deleted offline account. Save file useless?

Each save file is tied to a profile and it cannot be recovered without the original profile present.

The original Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls are two different games. The save files are incompatible without transferring the data within the game (transfer from Diablo 3 into ROS).

However, the process is not reversible (i.e. you cannot transfer characters from ROS into Diablo 3).

Therefore, unless you still have the original Diablo 3 disk, your save will not be usable.

Sorry.

SargonParidius, Jan 14, 2015
  5. SargonParidius Win User

Each save file is tied to a profile and it cannot be recovered without the original profile present.

The original Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls are two different games. The save files are incompatible without transferring the data within the game (transfer from Diablo 3 into ROS).

However, the process is not reversible (i.e. you cannot transfer characters from ROS into Diablo 3).

Therefore, unless you still have the original Diablo 3 disk, your save will not be usable.

Sorry.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

World of tanks

The WOT Xbox 360 save file was 2.6GB when it released...can imagine how big it is now. Not sure you can trim that down any.

Is it possible to transfer save files from the 360 to a USB stick (formatted for the Xbox) and then transfer those files to the new console?
  7. Mister Ohnaka Win User

icon for marketplace game purchases

8. Krisander 1998 Win User

Accidentally deleted borderlands 2 save file from backwards compatible borderlands 2

That depends if you had that save file transported from a Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Save or you started the save on Xbox One
    Where did you delete the save file? Xbox 360 or Xbox One?
  9. Krisander 1998 Win User

Accidentally deleted borderlands 2 save file from backwards compatible borderlands 2

If you originally had the save file on your Xbox 360 and you transferred it over to your Xbox One via Save Cloud then you should still be able to go to your Xbox 360 and just take the save file off the Save Cloud and then put it back in to the Save Cloud
    so it appears on your Xbox One again, if you started to play the Backwards Comp. game with a new save file on the Xbox One then it should hopefully (not completely sure) but it should hopefully still have been copied over to your Xbox 360 Account on the Save
    Cloud and just take it off and put it back into the Save Cloud again. If its not there then I'm sorry, but there is then no possible way to recover your save file.
Thema:

1. HELP: how to transfer save file on xbox 360? Deleted offline account. Save file useless? - Similar Threads - HELP transfer save

2. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  3. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  4. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  5. Can anyone help me figure out how to transfer these 2 dlcs to new gen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone help me figure out how to transfer these 2 dlcs to new gen?: I have bought a physical copy of the game "Goat Simulator 3" and its 2 DLCs, I have redeemed those 2 codes on my old gen console even tho the game isn't available on old-gen consoles and now I...
  6. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  7. Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.: I am planning on buying Persona 5 royale in steam, after it was removed from Xbox Game Pass. I already invested a lot of time into the game when they removed it. i want to know if I can transfer...
  8. help w/ transferring Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help w/ transferring Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch: ok so i am having a difficult time transferring my Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch, I am signed into my Microsoft acct n I click on sync worlds from my Switch, nothing syncs, plz help. i...
  9. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  10. My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?: I started playing Fallout 4 using the cloud gaming feature within the xbox app at work a few days ago (on a surface pro 5 tablet). I got a few hours into it and saved. The next day I did the same...