* Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account

Discus and support * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Oli_268, Oct 30, 2023.

  1. Oli_268
    Oli_268 Guest

    * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account


    Hi,

    My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it.

    Is there any way of me retrieving the Xbox account? I've tried support online but I'm unable to get to a stage where I can actually speak to anyone.

    I'd appreciate any help.

    *Edit*

    I'd just like to add, I tried resetting the password on it and it says the address doesn't exist. However, if I try to create a new address with the exact same name, it says it already exists....

    Is anyone able to shed any light or guide me on who I could contact?

    :)
     
    Oli_268, Oct 30, 2023
    #1
  2. KindGryphon Win User

    * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account

    Hi,

    My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it.

    Is there any way of me retrieving the Xbox account? I've tried support online but I'm unable to get to a stage where I can actually speak to anyone.

    I'd appreciate any help.

    *Edit*

    I'd just like to add, I tried resetting the password on it and it says the address doesn't exist. However, if I try to create a new address with the exact same name, it says it already exists....

    Is anyone able to shed any light or guide me on who I could contact?
    The Microsoft account (which is your Hotmail account) is the Xbox account. They are one in the same. So if your Microsoft account was deleted then by extension the Xbox account is deleted as well.

    You cant create a new account using the same email because when an account is deleted Microsoft doesn't recycle the old emails so they can't be used anymore.

    Unfortunately there isnt anything that can be done once an account is already deleted
  3. kucfer420 Win User

    trouble with old xbox 360 profile

    Thank you for your swift response!

    However, to link my old email address to my hotmail account is not possible as i can only link other hotmail email addresses to my hotmail account.

    I tried to recover my old email address and was informed by the email address provider that it was not only deactivated but also terminated and not recoverable as i havent used it in 10+ years.

    Is there any other way to help change my old xbox live email address? Perhaps microsoft could change it manually? Given that i can verify that it is my account via Identification card, phone number or facebook as i use the same email address there as i do on my xboxlive account.
  4. EidanDK Win User

    PLS help!!! hotmail deleted

    Well I tried doing whats writen in that post but the problem is I cant enter password into a hotmail account that doesnt exist anymore, it is there but its deactivated or something, therefore I cant change my WLID assosiated with that gametag
  5. SumaBlend Win User

    I wanna change WLID but I can't remember my old password. HELP!

    I get an automated message with an issue number. Ive requested the password a few time. And answered the question to prove my identity.

    Now I don't know if the hotmail account is even active anymore. I never log on nor do I even use it. If an Xbox is attached to a deactivated hotmail, shouldnt you guys see that. And prompt the person to change or update the WLID account.
  6. C_L_M Win User

    hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account. Need help recovering gamertag.

    I signed into the gamertag/xbox account earlier today, realised it was linked to an old hotmail address, and was trying to change the associated MS account's email from that hotmail address to my gmail address.
Thema:

* Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account

Loading...
  1. * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account - Similar Threads - Help Hotmail account

  2. Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated

    in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated: I heard about the Disk to Digital update on Xbox and joined the Xbox Insider program not too long ago. I've been trying to get my Xbox games to cross over from my Xbox One S to my Xbox Series S....
  3. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  6. Disc to digital programme help .

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital programme help .: Hello everyone I’ve joined Xbox insider program cause I wanted to do disc to digital, I’ve checked the game list and the game I want to use (F1 2019) is on the list but I’ve put the game in,...
  7. Disc to digital question help!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital question help!!!: I’m an Insider on my Xbox Series S, but my cousin has an Xbox Series X and isn’t an Insider; if I sign in with my account on his Xbox, can I convert the games to my account? submitted by...
  8. request for help so i added call of duty black ops 7 disc to digital and it only gives...

    in XboX Insiders
    request for help so i added call of duty black ops 7 disc to digital and it only gives...: Can someone please help me as my xbox account says i do not own the digital version when i upgraded my disc to digital i just want help getting the game assigned to my account using the new xbox...
  9. Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify: I am locked out of hotmail, my son tried to reset the xbox and I got kicked out of email. I cannot reset password as it has a non existing email address to send to and the phone number I have on...
  10. HOTMAIL ACCOUNT LOST PLEASE HELP

    in XBoX on Consoles
    HOTMAIL ACCOUNT LOST PLEASE HELP: Good afternoon, Upon signing into to my XBOX Live account on my Xbox 360 about a week ago I was greeted with an error message and prompted to input my email + password. However I was unable to...