Help !! Hard drive for 360 slim 4gb?

Discus and support Help !! Hard drive for 360 slim 4gb? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently purchased Battlefield 4 for my xbox 360 only to find it does not work on 4gb slim model with or without any kind of flash drive. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Giddmo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Giddmo
    Giddmo Guest

I have recently purchased Battlefield 4 for my xbox 360 only to find it does not work on 4gb slim model with or without any kind of flash drive. My question is can I use any generic internal hdd or external? or does it have to be official Microsoft internal
    one? As the later are like rocking horse ****.

:)

Giddmo, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Dragonscar44
    Dragonscar44 Guest
    Xbox 360 slim hard drive with xbox one

I have transferred all of my data from my xbox 360 slim to a 250 GB hard drive. i am gonna trade in my 360 for an Xbox one. i have no idea if the hard drive for my slim will work for the Xbox One. Help me please!

Dragonscar44, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Dr Black Bones, Jan 3, 2014
  4. xTye
    xTye Guest

It is not recommended that you use generic HDDs. You don't get backwards compatibility for one. I recommend getting an official Microsoft drive.

xTye, Jan 3, 2014
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    If the game requires a hd yes you need an official drive

USB hds won't work for games that require a hd

ngocphi, Jan 4, 2014
  6. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    x24hrs2livex, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Rosak81
    Rosak81 Guest
    You can use any drive as an USB drive but only up to 32GB. You can also use any drive as an internal drive but it's a bit tricky to make it work as an official Microsoft drive.

Rosak81, Oct 31, 2018
  8. PixelPatch Win User

original xbox games dont play on my xbox360 console

1st. are the games you want to play on the compatible list? not all the originals are compatible witha 360.

2nd. what model 360 is it? itf it is a 4GB slim then it requires an official microsoft hard drive to run original xbox games. because the 4GB slim only has flash memory, it requires a hard drive.

3rd. is the console fully up to date?

hope this helps :) i had the 4GB slim so i had to buy a hard drive to run original games.
  9. Mark Sherwood Win User

buying new xbox

Mikeyonone hey there :)

You sure can. Infact the 4GB Slim is exactly the same as the 250GB slim, but without a hard drive. There is no hard drive at all inside the 4GB slim, its just 4GB of built in flash memory. You will be absolutely fine to plug in your 250GB hard drive with
    no problems at all.
    HERE
    is a guide on how to uninstall and install the HDD for when the time comes.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  10. DrM0nsta Win User

External hard drive not recognized?

It is the slim 4gb Xbox 360. The hard drive is a Go! Data 80gb external hard drive. It did work with the same slim xbox previously but now it doesn't.
  11. Mbros SP Win User

Forced to buy hard drive to play Battlefield 4

The reason why I blame Microsoft is because the Xbox 360 Slim 4GB is advertised to have a 4GB HARD DRIVE when in fact it doesn't have a "hard drive" at all
  12. x24hrs2livex Win User

bf4 will not play

If you are using a 4GB 360 slim console you will need to purchase an official 360 Hard Drive. The BF4 install is not compatiable with flash memory. Meaning you cannot use a flash drive or the internal memory on the 4GB slim console
Thema:

1. Help !! Hard drive for 360 slim 4gb? - Similar Threads - Help Hard drive

2. Need help Xbox one new hard drive

in XboX Insiders
    Need help Xbox one new hard drive: Hi I need help I installed a new Xbox hard drive and I can’t install the offline update because the system was on a insider program don’t have the old hard drive anymore what can I do submitted...
  3. My Xbox series x won't work when my Seagate external hard drive is plugged in, can you help...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x won't work when my Seagate external hard drive is plugged in, can you help...: Hello I'm having trouble with my Xbox series x. Anytime my 4 TB external hard drive is plugged in it will wait for about 10 seconds than the light on the Xbox will blink twice a and than shut down...
  4. I need help with getting games to work on my seagate ontouch hard drive. Games that used to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with getting games to work on my seagate ontouch hard drive. Games that used to...: I have a seagate onetouch hard drive. At first it wouldn't let me play certain games which I know is normal. However, after just a few days it let me play all my games on it. Just recently it...
  5. Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches...: When external hard drive is connected to Xbox the controller freezes and switches off. If Ext HD is not connected the controller works fine. Any idea as I cant access games on HDD...
  6. please help. I was part of the insider program. My hard drive just fried. (xbox one)

in XboX Insiders
    please help. I was part of the insider program. My hard drive just fried. (xbox one): The usb offline download is not working. The repair guy thinks that its because a newer version of the update is installed on my xbox which is not published online. I dont think he's right? Can...
  7. Broke console or hard drive?? PLEASE HELP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broke console or hard drive?? PLEASE HELP: NOTHING WORKS! a few months ago my hard drive stopped working.. I was playing a game, the game started glitching then it gave me a error I decided to restart the console but the console was in...
  8. Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?: I have an old Xbox 360 and like an idiot I deleted numerous save files I spent a lot of time on. Is there anyway to recover them within the Terms of Service? I don’t want to get banned for using...
  9. HELP NEEDED! XBOX will not load any games while hard drive is plugged in

in XboX Insiders
    HELP NEEDED! XBOX will not load any games while hard drive is plugged in: HELP NEEDED! XBOX will not load any games while hard drive is plugged in When the external hard drive is plugged in the internal hard drive wont even load the games on there, as well as the...
  10. Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.: I've been using a external hard drive on my series X since launch, I used as a media player, but since today, my Xbox just stopped recognizing it, and it's not my external hard drive problem...