Help !! Hard drive for 360 slim 4gb?

Discus and support Help !! Hard drive for 360 slim 4gb? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently purchased Battlefield 4 for my xbox 360 only to find it does not work on 4gb slim model with or without any kind of flash drive. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Giddmo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Giddmo
    Giddmo Guest

I have recently purchased Battlefield 4 for my xbox 360 only to find it does not work on 4gb slim model with or without any kind of flash drive. My question is can I use any generic internal hdd or external? or does it have to be official Microsoft internal
    one? As the later are like rocking horse ****.

:)

Giddmo, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Dragonscar44
    Dragonscar44 Guest
    Xbox 360 slim hard drive with xbox one

I have transferred all of my data from my xbox 360 slim to a 250 GB hard drive. i am gonna trade in my 360 for an Xbox one. i have no idea if the hard drive for my slim will work for the Xbox One. Help me please!

Dragonscar44, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Dr Black Bones, Jan 3, 2014
  4. xTye
    xTye Guest

It is not recommended that you use generic HDDs. You don't get backwards compatibility for one. I recommend getting an official Microsoft drive.

xTye, Jan 3, 2014
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    If the game requires a hd yes you need an official drive

USB hds won't work for games that require a hd

ngocphi, Jan 4, 2014
  6. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    x24hrs2livex, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Rosak81
    Rosak81 Guest
    You can use any drive as an USB drive but only up to 32GB. You can also use any drive as an internal drive but it's a bit tricky to make it work as an official Microsoft drive.

Rosak81, Oct 31, 2018
  8. davemcfly85 Win User

New 250GB hard drive with 2005 mfd xbox

the slim hard drive cannot work with the older gen 'fat' 360s that had clip on drives, the slim drive only fits inside slim model 360 consoles.
  9. maxen Win User

xbox 360 hard drive not working

For Original Xbox games to be playable on an Xbox 360, it needs to be an official Microsoft Hard Drive.

However, there is no official 120GB hard drive for the Slim, only 250GB and 320GB.

There is a 120GB for the original-style Xbox 360 and the later Elite, but not Slim.

If you are using a Slim, the hard drive itself will be the problem and you will need an official one.
  10. Johantpro Win User

Should I get my old white xbox 360 fixed or purchase the elite?

Get the slim it's better, however getting your old hard drive memorie to the new slim hard drive will require that you buy an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to make it easy.
  11. PixelPatch Win User

original xbox games dont play on my xbox360 console

1st. are the games you want to play on the compatible list? not all the originals are compatible witha 360.

2nd. what model 360 is it? itf it is a 4GB slim then it requires an official microsoft hard drive to run original xbox games. because the 4GB slim only has flash memory, it requires a hard drive.

3rd. is the console fully up to date?

hope this helps :) i had the 4GB slim so i had to buy a hard drive to run original games.
  12. DrM0nsta Win User

External hard drive not recognized?

It is the slim 4gb Xbox 360. The hard drive is a Go! Data 80gb external hard drive. It did work with the same slim xbox previously but now it doesn't.
Thema:

1. Help !! Hard drive for 360 slim 4gb? - Similar Threads - Help Hard drive

2. please help. I was part of the insider program. My hard drive just fried. (xbox one)

in XboX Insiders
    please help. I was part of the insider program. My hard drive just fried. (xbox one): The usb offline download is not working. The repair guy thinks that its because a newer version of the update is installed on my xbox which is not published online. I dont think he's right? Can...
  3. Broke console or hard drive?? PLEASE HELP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broke console or hard drive?? PLEASE HELP: NOTHING WORKS! a few months ago my hard drive stopped working.. I was playing a game, the game started glitching then it gave me a error I decided to restart the console but the console was in...
  4. Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?: I have an old Xbox 360 and like an idiot I deleted numerous save files I spent a lot of time on. Is there anyway to recover them within the Terms of Service? I don’t want to get banned for using...
  5. HELP NEEDED! XBOX will not load any games while hard drive is plugged in

in XboX Insiders
    HELP NEEDED! XBOX will not load any games while hard drive is plugged in: HELP NEEDED! XBOX will not load any games while hard drive is plugged in When the external hard drive is plugged in the internal hard drive wont even load the games on there, as well as the...
  6. Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.: I've been using a external hard drive on my series X since launch, I used as a media player, but since today, my Xbox just stopped recognizing it, and it's not my external hard drive problem...
  7. Xbox 360 Hard Drive Troubles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Hard Drive Troubles?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] So I've had my xbox 360 for about a year now. I bought it from a resale store. It works fine but whenever I try to connect to Live it would always get an error code....
  8. help, series x hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    help, series x hard drive: Hi, i was playing on GTA with a buddy and all of a sudden my hard drive kept disconecting and re-connecting, can someone help? ff9fb5b0-0b24-4926-9a32-f8a746c1e30a
  9. [Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue.

in XboX Insiders
    [Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue.: [Help][Support]External Hard Drive won’t work or Xbox won’t read it. Hey umm so my Xbox isn’t reading my external hard drive. It was working in the morning I never touched it or anything I just...
  10. My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP

in XboX Insiders
    My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP: My external hard drive wont load into my console need help I need help with my external hard drive. I have had this xbox and drive for about 2 years now give or take and out of no where it...