HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up.

Discus and support HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I started up my xbox 1 just to find gray and black screen. Turned it off unpluged it let sit awhile. Tried the reboot method same screen. Tried a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TarrRawrr, Nov 27, 2018.

  1. TarrRawrr
    TarrRawrr Guest

    HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up.


    I started up my xbox 1 just to find gray and black screen. Turned it off unpluged it let sit awhile. Tried the reboot method same screen. Tried a different hdmi cord just in case it was bad, same screen still. Anyone ever experience this. Its only a year
    old i bought it last year on black friday. Picture of screen attached. Thanks in advance.
    HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up. [​IMG]


    :)
     
    TarrRawrr, Nov 27, 2018
    #1
  2. Tricky Kidd
    Tricky Kidd Guest
    Game/Console Freezing

    Starting a new game will bring up the grey loading/checkpoint screen. Freezes right there on that screen.
     
    Tricky Kidd, Nov 27, 2018
    #2
  3. Xbox one not loading ANYTHING

    my Xbox will not load anything after i start it up not even the home screen all it will do is the normal green loading and then a grey screen then to black and nothing else i have tried the hard reset but nothing will work can anyone help
     
    opticIllustons, Nov 27, 2018
    #3
  4. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest

    HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up.

    Hello Tarr,

    As provided through the image, we understand that you're experiencing a startup screen error.

    Our suggestion here seeing as you've attempted a few things is to reset the console to factory. This will have to be done be done by hand, but please attempt the following:

    1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

    This should take you to the troubleshooter, and if so attempt to restart the console first. If the console comes back with the same screen, choose the following:

    Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or
    apps. This will save you from downloading or reinstalling the large game files

    Note: This will remove profiles, so be sure to keep all information for signing into any/all accounts.

    Try this and let us know if this works.

    Best wishes!
     
    XBF Javier R, Nov 27, 2018
    #4
  5. TarrRawrr
    TarrRawrr Guest
    I had already tried the reboot,got the two start up beeps but still had the grey screen didnt get any options or a chance to see any other screen
     
    TarrRawrr, Nov 27, 2018
    #5
  6. XBF Erick C
    XBF Erick C Guest
    Hey there Tarr,

    Sorry to hear you are running into these problems. If you are still running into this problem and you have already tried to use it on different TV's/Monitors and have used different HDMI cords, then I would look into a possible repair. You can go through
    the
    Device Support
    website to register and check on the console warranty.

    I hope this helps.
     
    XBF Erick C, Nov 6, 2018
    #6
  7. TarrRawrr Win User

    HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up.

    I had already tried the reboot,got the two start up beeps but still had the grey screen didnt get any options or a chance to see any other screen
  8. XBF Erick C Win User

    HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up.

    Hey there Tarr,

    Sorry to hear you are running into these problems. If you are still running into this problem and you have already tried to use it on different TV's/Monitors and have used different HDMI cords, then I would look into a possible repair. You can go through
    the
    Device Support
    website to register and check on the console warranty.

    I hope this helps.
  9. XBF Javier R Win User

    HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up.

    Hello Tarr,

    As provided through the image, we understand that you're experiencing a startup screen error.

    Our suggestion here seeing as you've attempted a few things is to reset the console to factory. This will have to be done be done by hand, but please attempt the following:

    1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

    This should take you to the troubleshooter, and if so attempt to restart the console first. If the console comes back with the same screen, choose the following:

    Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or
    apps. This will save you from downloading or reinstalling the large game files

    Note: This will remove profiles, so be sure to keep all information for signing into any/all accounts.

    Try this and let us know if this works.

    Best wishes!
  10. Tricky Kidd Win User

    Game/Console Freezing

    Starting a new game will bring up the grey loading/checkpoint screen. Freezes right there on that screen.
  11. floppy butts55 Win User

    Xbox 360 freezes when Connecting to Xbox Live

    my Xbox wont le me get past the grey loading screen. and when i disconnect the wifi and start the xbox back up, it does the splash logo and freezes on a black screen
Thema:

HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up.

Loading...
  1. HELP grey screen on xbox 1S start up. - Similar Threads - HELP grey screen

  2. XBOX Insider hub dead, need help

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider hub dead, need help: I’ve recently joined XBOX Insiders and downloaded the hub, the only issue is, i am barely able to upgrade my ring, and the only way i can is via these weekly pulses, which only give me about 5 xp,...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox day one badge won't unlock help!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox day one badge won't unlock help!!: I have successfully redeemed a code for the xbox one day one achievement in 2026, after the update that added the badge. It is in my purchase history and I own the licence for the achievement but...
  5. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  6. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  7. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  8. Help! Can't login after factory reset?! Buffer grey box not a details issue...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?! Buffer grey box not a details issue...: Help! Apps werent working so I completed a factory reset keeping my apps but I tried to log in and just got a blank rectangle with a buffer screen. So I did a full factory reset and the same...
  9. Need help i have a wired controller now tryna use my mic on it and it’s all grey out.Is...

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help i have a wired controller now tryna use my mic on it and it’s all grey out.Is...: [IMG] submitted by /u/cc1234y [link] [comments]
  10. Grey Cross Next to Name in Party Chat. Help Please

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey Cross Next to Name in Party Chat. Help Please: Whenever I Join a party chat with other players there's suddenly now a grey 'X' next to my name and I am unable to hear them and they cant hear me either. Two days ago it was fine and i had no...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox 1s wont start