help for reducing ping?

Discus and support help for reducing ping? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i play on lots of minecraft servers. I have a good amount on ones like hypixel most of the time. Anyeways, sometimes on hypixel and all other servers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SandyPlayz86, Jun 8, 2021.

  1. SandyPlayz86
    SandyPlayz86 Guest

    help for reducing ping?


    i play on lots of minecraft servers.

    I have a good amount on ones like hypixel most of the time.

    Anyeways, sometimes on hypixel and all other servers my ping will jump from 80-700.

    i tried this on both ethernet and wifi and the same thing happens, except on ethernet is a 100ms or so lower.

    i understand that ping is highly dependent on the connection and length and bandwidth between the server and pc, but in the meantime is there a way to help reduce it, i have already disabled all startup apps, and disabled most background apps except for some needed ones.

    thanks.

    ***Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10***

    :)
     
    SandyPlayz86, Jun 8, 2021
    #1
  2. SandyPlayz86 Win User

    help for reducing ping?

    Hi, I actually don't think I need this, I saw a YouTube video that showed me some regedit fixes that would do it, I did it and it make my ping better, now I need to check my wifi driver for updates.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

    help for reducing ping?

    Since you've already tried troubleshooting the issue, our advice regarding this would be to try with another router because it could be defective. If the issue persists, then you will need to get in touch with your internet service provider for further assistance.
  4. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

    Question about IP flooding

    You can reduce the chances of getting DoS'd by disabling the Respond to Ping Request on your router.
  5. Nguyễn Quốc Anh Win User

    Wi-Fi Ping Spikes when only playing games

    I'm having the same issue, ping spikes only when gaming. As I noticed, this only happened when I updated my PC to Windows 11. And strangely, the ping reduce whenever I'm on a FB video call.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

    How do I lower ping in Xbox Network Test and with local servers?

    ignore that ping, it is just a burst test to a central server in the middle of the US, always show high ping rates, it is there to just test.

    You would need to speak with your ISP about your local ping rate as it is them that route your traffic.

    You can sometimes reduce ping by setting the dns servers manually in the xbox network settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (googles dns servers)
Thema:

help for reducing ping?

Loading...
  1. help for reducing ping? - Similar Threads - help reducing ping

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  5. Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated

    in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated: I heard about the Disk to Digital update on Xbox and joined the Xbox Insider program not too long ago. I've been trying to get my Xbox games to cross over from my Xbox One S to my Xbox Series S....
  6. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  7. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  8. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  9. Disc to digital programme help .

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital programme help .: Hello everyone I’ve joined Xbox insider program cause I wanted to do disc to digital, I’ve checked the game list and the game I want to use (F1 2019) is on the list but I’ve put the game in,...
  10. Disc to digital question help!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital question help!!!: I’m an Insider on my Xbox Series S, but my cousin has an Xbox Series X and isn’t an Insider; if I sign in with my account on his Xbox, can I convert the games to my account? submitted by...