Help for a Non-Technical Person: How to connect an Xbox One to a non-HDMI TV.

Discus and support Help for a Non-Technical Person: How to connect an Xbox One to a non-HDMI TV. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. As I have stated in my subject, I am not someone who has a lot of knowledge when it comes to hardware and technical stuff. I have an HDTV which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hey Blaise, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Hey Blaise
    Hey Blaise Guest

Hello. As I have stated in my subject, I am not someone who has a lot of knowledge when it comes to hardware and technical stuff. I have an HDTV which does not for some reason support HDMI. I was planning on getting an Xbox One sometime soon, but, being
    a college kid and all, I didn't want to have to shell out another $300+ for a capable TV to go along with my $500+ purchase. I've done some research however, and found a few alternatives. An HDMI-to-DVI adapter can work, but obviously there won't be any sound
    output, and I'm not sure how to get around that. I've also found a few converter boxes which I've heard can get around this, but I've heard they aren't completely trustworthy, and cheaper ones compromise the quality of the TV. I've even been suggested to buy
    an HD monitor and just game on that. Without investing in a new TV, what would be the best solution?

:)

Hey Blaise, Aug 5, 2014
  2. Wild Chino
    Wild Chino Guest
    No HDMI, Only Composite Connection

Any way to connect Xbox One to non HDMI TV?

Wild Chino, Aug 5, 2014
  3. Non-HDMI TV

Hey! Can you connect a Xbox One to a non-HDMI TV? Is there a converter or cable that would work? Thx!

OrnateOlive9793, Aug 5, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Personally I would upgrade my tv. But thats just me. Since you are looking for a cheap alternative I would go the monitor route until you can afford to get a new tv.

x24hrs2livex, Aug 5, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Personally I would upgrade my tv. But thats just me. Since you are looking for a cheap alternative I would go the monitor route until you can afford to get a new tv.
  6. OrnateOlive9793 Win User

Non-HDMI TV

Thx! I found a converter on Amazin made by ViewHD. I will give it a try!
  7. BusGod Win User

Non-HDMI TV

To the OP, you CAN. evilfangs is technically incorrect.

Questions: 1.. Is your TV and HD tv with component input only? If so you need and HDMI to component adapter.

2. Is it is standard definition do you have composite connections? If so you need an HDMI to composite adapter.

available many places, I recommend www.monoprice.com

Please note these may not provide the best picture but will work.
  8. vraicovi Win User

Non-HDMI TV

As long as your TV has component inputs, yes. I picked up the HDFURY Gamer 2 Component and it works flawlessly with the Xbox One with my DirecTV receiver plugged into it. There were cheaper solutions out there, but they seemed to be hit or miss...
  9. evilfangs Win User

Non-HDMI TV

No.

You need a HD TV to play these next gen HD consoles.
Thema:

1. Help for a Non-Technical Person: How to connect an Xbox One to a non-HDMI TV. - Similar Threads - Help Non Technical

2. /setmaxplayers is a non-existing command in my Minecraft world. Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    /setmaxplayers is a non-existing command in my Minecraft world. Please help!: [img] Here it is when I type in /set, and when I type in /setmaxplayers it gives me an unknown command issue. 6722540c-cda1-46db-b117-408c3f5cfad2
  3. My pc keeps going form 60 to 15 fps even when im playing non demanding games, please help

in XBoX on Windows
    My pc keeps going form 60 to 15 fps even when im playing non demanding games, please help: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) Adapter Type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, NVIDIA compatible I do not understand, i used to play...
  4. I PAID $120 FOR MSFS DELUXE AND NOW IT IS NON-FUNCTIONAL AND I CANNOT GET ANY HELP FROM...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I PAID $120 FOR MSFS DELUXE AND NOW IT IS NON-FUNCTIONAL AND I CANNOT GET ANY HELP FROM...: I paid 120 bleeping dollars for the deluxe edition of MSFS so I could play it forever and have all the content. Now I can't play it and have wasted an hour tyring to figure out what's going on and...
  5. I bought minecraft and i cant go to non cracked server please help.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft and i cant go to non cracked server please help.: So yes as i said i bought minecraft and i cant go to premium servers like:hypixel... And i have all the privacy setting in enabled and i still cant go on premium servers please help?...
  6. Links to 'Help' are often broken and lead to non existing pages.

in XBoX on Windows
    Links to 'Help' are often broken and lead to non existing pages.: This all started with an issue with my Xbox controller. I went to Microsoft's website, and under Devices I found the controller and clicked on "Get help online" which took me here:...
  7. Xbox One si accende ma non si avvia. HELP[Translation-Xbox One turns on but won't start. HELP]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One si accende ma non si avvia. HELP[Translation-Xbox One turns on but won't start. HELP]: L'xbox si accende ma non si avvia / il monitor non mostra nessun segnale. Il cavo HDMI è funzionante (funziona con un altro dispositivo acceso). Se tengo premuto il pulsante xbox di un...
  8. Non-Game Dad needs help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Non-Game Dad needs help: So we have xbox one with digital download of Minecraft. One account one kid second kid has asked for xbox and Santa might bring. First kid does not like or play minecraft. Second kid loved mind...
  9. Non Gamer Dad Needs Help w XBox Gold and Understanding All Of This Stuff......

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Non Gamer Dad Needs Help w XBox Gold and Understanding All Of This Stuff......: Alright game peoples, here is the scenario: divorced parents, twelve year old son who has an XBox at each parents house. I bought the Gold account upgrade thingy so that he could resume playing...
  10. Aiuto! Non c'è più il livello salvato![Help! There is no longer the saved level!]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Aiuto! Non c'è più il livello salvato![Help! There is no longer the saved level!]: Ciao a tutti! Ragazzi, un disastro: apro il gioco (Shadow of the Tomb Raider) con cui giocavo da mesi, cambio profilo perché era attivo quello di mio fratello, seleziono continua partita che...