[Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue.

Discus and support [Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [Help][Support]External Hard Drive won’t work or Xbox won’t read it. Hey umm so my Xbox isn’t reading my external hard drive. It was working in the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RadGhostKillz, Jan 15, 2021.

1. [Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue.

[Help][Support]External Hard Drive won’t work or Xbox won’t read it.

Hey umm so my Xbox isn’t reading my external hard drive. It was working in the morning I never touched it or anything I just got off to go to work for a few hours. And suddenly my external hard drive just stopped working or like the Xbox stopped reading it. I tried from trying different ports I tried to see if it was a connection issue. I tried to leaving the whole Xbox unplugged for 2 hours. I tried everything that was on the support web. I did both soft and hard factory reset and still nothing.

I know the hard drive is like working cuz it’s vibrating and the light is blinking tho I’ve never seen the light blink a lot I read up it on it. Saying that it’s like reading the files and all. So I decided to leave my Xbox on for an hour or two to let it read everything and still nothing. After the factory reset I’ve come to conclusion it has to be the external hard drive cuz it’s doing the same thing.

I want to buy another but they are pricey so I decided to give it a shot on Reddit and see if any of you guys got anything to say.

For now I have decided to install the only 2 games I play a lot and just a few apps until this is working also.

If you do comment below and give advice or an suggestion thank you it means a lot. This is really stressing me out.

submitted by /u/RadGhostKillz
    [link] [comments]

/u/RadGhostKillz, Jan 15, 2021
  2. DirtLegLover Win User

Try Another USB port or cable

Same problem here. My Seagate external hard drive blinks for about 5 seconds and then just stops then I get the 'we see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use' error. It does this on two different xbox ones. Ive swapped out ports, unplugged
    everything, restarted the console. The hard drive works just fine and the blue light stays on when I plug it into my pc. Any solutions here?? and yes my external hard drive plugs into the wall and has a cord that plugs into the usb port.
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

Problema console xboxone!!

Hey there IL C0L0MBIAN0,

It sounds like your console is restarting unexpectedly when the external hard drive is attached and working normally when it's not attached to the console. It's possible there is an issue with the external hard drive.

Try plugging it into another USB port on the console and let us know if that helps out!
  4. Poopy Pants Win User

When i try opening Fallout 4 or Fallout New Vegas I get an Xbox error code 0x87e50028 and a window file system error code -2015294512 does anyone know how to fix this?

I moved it to an external hard drive and it worked

Thanks for the help
  5. Francia J. Win User

Xbox series S won’t launch anything

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If I may ask, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? If yes, please remove the external hard drive then perform a powercycle on your console, keep it unplugged before trying any game. If it worked without the hard drive it means that the hard drive is corrupted.

If there is no external hard drive you may need to reset your console removing everything.
  6. onyxishere Win User

update in progress ?

Some games out there require the xbox hard drive in order to work properly. Why not just buy the hard drive for it instead of something external.
Thema:

[Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue.

1. [Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue. - Similar Threads - Help external hard

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. can someone help me with my xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can someone help me with my xbox one s?: my xbox one s turns on, but doesn’t display anything to my tv, controllers can’t connect and my xbox turns off after about 20 seconds, i’ve tried hard resetting it but that doesn’t work either, it...
  4. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  5. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  6. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  7. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  8. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  9. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  10. Help with my external drive by seagate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with my external drive by seagate: So I downloaded a game called “Conan Exiles on to my external drive storage and when I went to go play the game it bugged out and said “could no longer detect external drive” or something like...