Help choosing Monitor for Xbox Series S

Discus and support Help choosing Monitor for Xbox Series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am stuck in dilemma while getting a monitor for my Xbox series S! I’ve narrowed it down to 1080p FHD Benq EX2510S (165hertz) and 1440p QHD AOC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by yash991a, Apr 6, 2023.

  1. yash991a
    yash991a Guest

    Help choosing Monitor for Xbox Series S


    Hi, I am stuck in dilemma while getting a monitor for my Xbox series S! I’ve narrowed it down to 1080p FHD Benq EX2510S (165hertz) and 1440p QHD AOC Q27V4EA (75 hertz) I usually play Horizon 5 and GTA online! It would be helpful if someone could help me choose between the two!!

    ( Should I go for pure looks by choosing 1440P AOC (75h) at 4ms or sacrifice looks for a smother gameplay at 1080p (165h capped at 120h) ) at 1ms .

    Thanks

    :)
     
    yash991a, Apr 6, 2023
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Help choosing Monitor for Xbox Series S

    Both of these monitors will work with Xbox. A review of the EX2510S on Toms Hardware even mentions the Xbox Series consoles. Ignore the top refresh rate as this only applies to PCs using display port.

    The AOC Q27V4EA max refresh is 75Hz, but you can only get 60Hz from an Xbox console. It has a higher resolution and is slightly bigger. The AOC doesn't do HDR however and It's more of an all round PC monitor than a gaming monitor.

    The Series S is largely a 1080P console and will look its best one of these displays. If you want to experience 120Hz gaming, you should go with the BenQ monitor. It also has built in speakers so it should be just plug and play.
  3. ngocphi Win User

    Help choosing Monitor for Xbox Series S

    Look for made for xbox label
  4. yash991a Win User

    Help choosing Monitor for Xbox Series S

    The Series S is largely a 1080P console and will look its best one of these displays. If you want to experience 120Hz gaming, you should go with the BenQ monitor. It also has built in speakers so it should be just plug and play.
    Okay, Thanks!

    I’ll have a look at the BenQ monitor!

    I’m guessing more 120fps games might come out for the console in the future.
  5. Pompeius Magnus CXV Win User

    My Xbox series S won't run at 1440p 120fps even if my monitor says it can.

    Hi guys,

    The title says it all

    I have a Koorui 27'' incurved Gaming monitor that does 1440p and 144hz 1ms AMD Freesync, DCI-P3 85% hdmi 2.0

    Any help is appriciated and thank you in advance.
    Hello, This is Elijah.

    The Xbox Series S will not support games at 4K at 144fps, the Series S will also not run 1440p at 144fps as well. The Xbox Series S will only run 1440p at 120fps. I would also suggest using a different HDMI cable than what came with the Series S. The Xbox Series X will run 1440p at 144fps, also 4k. But limiting 8k to 60FPS.

    Thank you for choosing Xbox as your gaming Platform.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series s with an HP w2408h monitor

    Hi, Andy my name is Oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

    The issue you're encountering is likely due to a compatibility issue between the native resolution of your Xbox Series S and the maximum resolution supported by your HP w2408h monitor.

    The Xbox Series S outputs a native resolution of 1920x1080, which is slightly different from the maximum resolution of 1920x1200 supported by your monitor. This mismatch is causing your monitor to display an "input signal out of range" message.

    To resolve this issue, you'll need to adjust the output resolution of your Xbox Series S to match the native resolution of your monitor, which is 1920x1080. Here's how to do it:

    On your Xbox Series S, navigate to Settings > General > TV & Audio > Video modes.

    Under "Resolution," select "1920x1080" from the available options.

    Once you've selected the desired resolution, restart your Xbox Series S.

    After restarting, your Xbox Series S should output a resolution that is compatible with your HP w2408h monitor, and the "input signal out of range" message should no longer appear.

    If you're still having trouble, you can try the following additional steps:

    Ensure that your HDMI cable is properly connected to both your Xbox Series S and your monitor.

    Try using a different HDMI cable if the one you're using is old or damaged.

    Check for any firmware updates for your monitor.

    I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help,if this works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
Thema:

Help choosing Monitor for Xbox Series S

Loading...
  1. Help choosing Monitor for Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Help choosing Monitor

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  5. Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated

    in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated: I heard about the Disk to Digital update on Xbox and joined the Xbox Insider program not too long ago. I've been trying to get my Xbox games to cross over from my Xbox One S to my Xbox Series S....
  6. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  7. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  8. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  9. Arc raiders or bf6? Need help choosing.

    in XboX Insiders
    Arc raiders or bf6? Need help choosing.: Just wanting some help got a good sale going should I go for arc or new bf any help towards my decision is greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Super_Homework6977 [link] [comments]
  10. when i want to buy minecraft there is not my country to choose my country is georgia any help?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    when i want to buy minecraft there is not my country to choose my country is georgia any help?: when i want to buy minecraft there is not my country to choose my country is georgia any help? 2e332863-0115-4668-8d09-954a0fa7f7e9