Help Changing An Old Xbox's Account Recovery Email.

Discus and support Help Changing An Old Xbox's Account Recovery Email. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Quite a long time ago now, honestly I don't even remember it but, my mom and dad made me an xbox account I played on named OZZYOSBOURNE24. It was made... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brandon Allen1, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Help Changing An Old Xbox's Account Recovery Email.

Quite a long time ago now, honestly I don't even remember it but, my mom and dad made me an xbox account I played on named OZZYOSBOURNE24. It was made before you needed to have an outlook account for xbox as it still is under an @yahoo.com account, but there's a problem trying to get back into the account.

About a year and a half ago I started to try and get back into it, trying every password under the sun and nothing was working, and I went to use the rset password thing only to discover the two recovery emails were Misspelled and I have no way of getting into them. One messed up the domain name, while the other only seemed to mess up the email, so I created that email hoping to possibly get the recovery email to no regard. It doesn't give me an option to use a phone number, and even if it did the number would be incredibly out of date anyways.

So I went to try the account recovery form to no avail as it had been so long that I had nothing left of that old console as it had gotten damaged 5 years ago as of now I don't have the console ID, and I definitely dont have any sort of credit card stuff from that time either. I even went through support and started an email chain with this very nice guy who tried to help me out. We talked back and forth for a long time, with the case being sent off to the recovery team only to now have complete radio silence since then.

I've tried several times since them to get back into the account to no avail and I was wondering if there would be any sort of way to help, as I have a decent amount of info to prove it's my account and such but i can't get anywhere seemingly.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

Brandon Allen1, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today other than this account issue.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you wanted to recover your Xbox account.

We would like to inform you at the beginning that account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best we can in helping you with the process.

First, we would suggest you fill up the ACSR form and make sure you provide an alternate email address when you fill up the ACSR form so that the team can communicate with you. Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. Answer as many questions as you can as thoroughly as possible. If you’re not sure, guessing is ok - wrong answers don’t count against you.

When you enter your email address, keep in mind that some domains may be country specific such as @outlook.co.uk. If you’ve had your account for several years, the details on file may not match your current situation, so think about what you may have entered when you first signed up. Is it possible that you moved or changed your name? Think about passwords that you use on other accounts that you may have used here. This is another place where a good guess can pay off. When you get to a question that lets you “add more," fill in as much information as you are able. Email subject lines need to be exact.

We highly recommend you visit these articles:

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

With regards to the Microsoft Store purchase, we would recommend you contact our Microsoft Store support team and inform them about the purchase. Here is the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/28808/microsoft-store-contact-support

Also refer this article: Prevent unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Brandon Allen1,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Brandon Allen1,

We appreciate for your patience and time.

Can you try to check these two links and see if it will work for you?

If still this solution does not work from your end, the best approach is for you to contact our real time support. This issue can be handled better by our live support team so they can properly verify your account. They are more equipped with all the tools and resources to get your problem diagnosed. Please follow the steps below to contact our live support team:

Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support.

Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.

If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.

Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.

Select the "Contact Us" button

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.

On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.

If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".

If you encounter issues contacting support, please try InPrivate Window, different browser, different device, or connect to different network.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Brandon Allen1 Win User

So

I went to try all of those things, and none of them ended up working out. The last time I was in this account was a very very long time ago, atleast 8 years ago, and the info connected to the account is so old and has changed nowadays.

None of the credit card stuff will line up, none of the passwords will lineup seemingly as well. I have a notepad doccument full of all the info I have on the account, and I understand you all use a server to go through account recovery but I don't ever think i'll be able to get through that due to the lack of information on the old account.

I could tell you everything from the last games I played, who's on the account among other things but due to those recovery emails being incorrect? I can't do anything and my hands are tied.

If Possible, if we could somehow just get one of the recovery emails spelled correctly I could easily get back into the account, all I need is for a singular letter to be changed and i will no longer have this issue anymore.
  6. Georges C. Win User

My Microsoft Account no longer exists?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SureComet244547, from your description it seems that your account was hacked and after that your email was changed so you managed to make a new account with your old email.

try account recovery by filling out the account recovery form below.

Recover your account

https://account.live.com/acsr

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
Thema:

1. Help Changing An Old Xbox's Account Recovery Email. - Similar Threads - Help Changing Old

2. Need help changing my shipping adress.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help changing my shipping adress.: I sent my xbox in to be fixed and it should have been delivered on Monday, the currier (UPS) cannot find my address. I have contacted them but they informed me they cannot change the delivery...
  3. Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!: I am trying to change the microsoft main alias on a different account so I can change it to this email because I dont use the other one and its just a hastle to remember the password and sign in....
  4. How do I change the dead zones (help)

in XboX Insiders
    How do I change the dead zones (help): I just joined Xbox insiders and I am atempting to make my controllers dead zones work so I can properly use aim assist, I can not find this area, can anyone help me. I am on PC btw submitted by...
  5. Need help changing my gamerpic

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help changing my gamerpic: Wont let me Change my gamerpic into a custom image I don't have a child's account and i have no strikes, I really need help this has been going on for months and xbox support has BEEN ZERO HELP....
  6. Can you help me.Do you block account for changing DNS?. And I bought a console in Japan but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me.Do you block account for changing DNS?. And I bought a console in Japan but...: Hi, I would like to ask, I lived in Japan for a while and bought an xbox there and then returned home. And when I turned on my xbox, I got error 0x80a40401 and my region is set to Japan and I’m...
  7. I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...: The old Gamertag: 26; what i changed it to; ; the tag i got: 8645. Please Help! 07bce97f-09fc-4b47-bd1c-4aa0496f5cf1
  8. I need Help trying to get into my email for xbox how can i change my stuff i do not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need Help trying to get into my email for xbox how can i change my stuff i do not...: I created an Xbox Live Account and no longer have access to the Phone Number or Email. I can provide Xbox ID and Card information if needed Microsoft can I get this change, please? I have tried to...
  9. My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!: A few months ago, and yes I have noticed at that time, I tried getting tons of support to try to recover my account but the mods or admins haven't been able to do much because I keep seeing the...
  10. Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps: How do i change my nat settings on my xbox one it stays on strict plz help i tried multiple ways no luck e91fb54e-f9a9-4ff6-ad6b-823559a35480