HELP 0x80242020 ERROR CODE

Discus and support HELP 0x80242020 ERROR CODE in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had sea of thieves installed on my d: drive. Removed my D: drive to take it somewhere but now i can't install sea of thieves. I can;t use my c:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by chevysb, Mar 2, 2022.

  1. chevysb
    chevysb Guest

    HELP 0x80242020 ERROR CODE


    I had sea of thieves installed on my d: drive. Removed my D: drive to take it somewhere but now i can't install sea of thieves.

    I can;t use my c: drive because it's too small

    :)
     
    chevysb, Mar 2, 2022
    #1
  2. XBF - Tali Win User

    HELP 0x80242020 ERROR CODE

    Hello chevysb,

    Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. I understand you are no longer able to install games to a specific drive on your device. Please try the following:

    Change where new applications will be saved
    Step 1: Press the Windows button

    Step 2: Navigate to Settings

    Step 3: Select System

    Step 4: Select Storage

    Step 5: Change where new content is saved. (If you are on Windows 11, this will be under the Advanced storage settings drop down)

    Step 6: Change "New applications will be saved in" to the storage unit of your choice, in this case, the D: drive

    If you are attempting to download the title from Game Pass on PC, please also do the following:

    Change where new applications will be saved on the Xbox app

    Step 1: Select your profile picture (should be top right of the app)

    Step 2: Select Settings

    Step 3: Select General
    Step 4: Under "Change the location where the app installs games by default" select the same storage drive from your Windows settings. These drivers should be matching.

    Please let me know if this resolves the error.

    Thank you,

    -Tali
  3. Modlio Win User

    Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end?

    I have the same problem. When trying to download Sea of Thieves for the PC, I either get the error code 0x80242020, or it just allocates disc space indefinitely. Would appreciate some help..
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Error Code 0x80242020

    Hi there KBragunier welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

    Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

    Click Check for Updates;

    Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

    Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

    Then try this:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

    Then do the same for the Xbox app:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

    If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

    In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Error code 0x80242020 (December 19.2021)

    Hi there Krishaang welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

    Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

    Click Check for Updates;

    Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

    Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

    Then try this:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

    Then do the same for the Xbox app:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

    If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

    In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  6. Dstranger1092 Win User

    Recieving error when installing pc gamepass game

    I'm now receiving error 0x80242020 after doing up to renaming windowsapps to windowsapps.old, I don't have a wpsystem.old folder so i can't rename the wpsystem folder itself
Thema:

HELP 0x80242020 ERROR CODE

Loading...
  1. HELP 0x80242020 ERROR CODE - Similar Threads - HELP 0x80242020 ERROR

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  5. Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated

    in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated: I heard about the Disk to Digital update on Xbox and joined the Xbox Insider program not too long ago. I've been trying to get my Xbox games to cross over from my Xbox One S to my Xbox Series S....
  6. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  7. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  8. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  9. Disc to digital programme help .

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital programme help .: Hello everyone I’ve joined Xbox insider program cause I wanted to do disc to digital, I’ve checked the game list and the game I want to use (F1 2019) is on the list but I’ve put the game in,...
  10. HELP NEEDED - Every Install I try fails with error code 0x80242020

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP NEEDED - Every Install I try fails with error code 0x80242020: I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!! I have been trying to re-install these games through the windows 10 XBOX app as part of my XBOX Ultimate Game Pass Gear 5 Ultimate Astroneer RiptideGP Enter the...