Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on...

Discus and support Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I use a powered USB Hub with its own power supply on the front USB port of my Xbox Series X? I also plan to connect a second External Hard Drive to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UltraKat75, Jun 9, 2023.

1. UltraKat75
    UltraKat75 Guest

Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on...

Can I use a powered USB Hub with its own power supply on the front USB port of my Xbox Series X? I also plan to connect a second External Hard Drive to the port extender (the Two Rear USB ports are used by my headphones and the External HDD a lot of my games are stored on). I get tired of having to unplug stuff everytime I need to charge my headset or controllers.

:)

UltraKat75, Jun 9, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on the front USB port of the Xbox Series X?

That shouldn't be a problem on any USB port, just be aware that you're limited to two external hard drives at a time
  3. joekhaJiit Win User

Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on the front USB port of the Xbox Series X?

I understand that, I have since connected both of my 2 External Hard Drives to the 2 rear ports on the Console - both have their own power supply.

I have a 4 Port USB hub that is connected to the front USB port. There are 4 ports that make up the Hub, each with its own on/off switch. I do not have a power supply connected to this USB Hub at this time.

I have been able to use the new USB 4 Port Hub (which I have connected to the front USB port of my Xbox Series X) to power my Wireless Xbox Headphones Dongle, Charge Controllers, Charge My Wireless Xbox Headset, etc.,etc.,etc. Anyways looks like everything is fine now.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

A special question about Xbox One Play & Charge Kit

I would recommend that you buy a powered USB Hub (if by "USB Splitter" you actually mean an USB Hub).

If you just get a "passive" USB Hub (i.e. one without it's own power supply, being powered by the console itself), you are pulling too much power from one single USB port to charge the controllers properly.

With the proper power provided by the USB Hub, you can charge multiple controllers without issue. Also, if you don't need the cabled connection for those tiny milliseconds of lag that the wireless connection has compared to the wired connection, you can
    simply use an USB power supply with multiple USB plugs (like
    this Anker USB power supply
    for example), and plug that into a power outlet near your couch, so you don't have to run cables to your console.

With that adapter you could charge four controllers at the same time.
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

USB hub paired with Controller + Keyboard + Mouse

It is possible to use USB hubs with no power supply; however doing so may prevent the USB hub or certain high-power USB peripherals from operating. So it is recommended to use power supply ones!
  6. icsxyppl Win User

External Hardrive keeps disconnecting from xbox after 30 seconds.

What make and model is the external drive? Does it have it's own power supply? Are there any other devices connected to the USB ports on your XBOX? Is the drive directly connected to the XBOX and/or is there a USB hub in use - if so does the USB hub use
    it's own power source?

Best regards

Sassan Karai
Thema:

1. Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on... - Similar Threads - Hello anyone tell

2. hello

in XBoX Accessibility
    hello: I have a kinect for the xbox360 but when i trying to use it always tells me ,,speech recognition is not supported for your console language and locale” and is i change it it will still tell me the...
  3. Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help: Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help 87b69d64-4874-4212-8664-2a07504ba6d2
  4. Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?: How do I retrieve my secondary v bucks code? ee52380d-ec5c-4630-bff3-8029b2263b49
  5. Hello I have a question what type of UPS do I choose for xbox series x off line or online ups

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I have a question what type of UPS do I choose for xbox series x off line or online ups: Where I live the power goes off sometimes and I don't want to damage my Xbox Series X So questions about the type of UPS needed is it off line or on line ups a95e996b-84b3-4d5e-abab-076fa5c29d65
  6. Hello, I just got an Xbox 1 today and I have a lot of skins on my switch account, and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, I just got an Xbox 1 today and I have a lot of skins on my switch account, and I...: Hello, I just got an Xbox 1 today and I have a lot of skins on my switch account, and I want to be able to have the same skins on my new Xbox Account, is that possible?...
  7. Hello, can anyone help me with this issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, can anyone help me with this issue?: I got banned on roblox a couple years back for a reason of which i still dont understand, either way because its linked to the xbox account i own, i was going to make a new one under my main email...
  8. Hello was wondering if anyone knew how to fix an error code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello was wondering if anyone knew how to fix an error code: I get this error code saying 80151912 when trying to play left for dead 2 on Xbox one s it never happened till randomly today I’ve tried restarting max Xbox and everything and my Wi-Fi is...
  9. Hello. I have been having trouble doing copy and paste on Xbox during a game. Does anyone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I have been having trouble doing copy and paste on Xbox during a game. Does anyone...: Does anyone know how to copy and paste on Xbox during a game? Please tell me how to. ca72d928-d198-4314-9c03-7f0e22917f77
  10. Hello is anyone else have issues with Chasm The Rift on the Series ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello is anyone else have issues with Chasm The Rift on the Series ?: Hello Everytime i want to play the game it says it needs an update ,but can't get it right now and a error code 0x8b050033 is been like this all day and unable 2 play it is that has something to...