Hearing things...

Discus and support Hearing things... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to enjoy DR3, but the game keeps thinking I'm issuing voice commands, thing is, I'm not?! It can be the case that neither myself or a character... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TacticalTimbo, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Hearing things...

Trying to enjoy DR3, but the game keeps thinking I'm issuing voice commands, thing is, I'm not?! It can be the case that neither myself or a character on screen is talking, yet the game believes I'm yelling a command and starts doing things, such as bringing
    up the pause menu and showing the failed voice command icon!

This is incredibly annoying, especially given the fact it's also failing to recognize and understand, when I actually am giving a voice commands; it's a bit of a game breaker!

:)

TacticalTimbo, Feb 23, 2014
  2. South556
    South556 Guest
    Keyboard Mouse Support?

Ive been hearing the same thing.

South556, Feb 23, 2014
  3. Annouying NOISE

Good, so I'm not hearing things in my head

Queen x HunT3r, Feb 23, 2014
  4. Hearing things...

Best thing to do is turn kinect off. But that would be annoying if you wanted it for everything else.

esmittystud101, Feb 24, 2014
  5. For me it's usually picking up the sound from the TV (the game itself). I might have to move the Kinect about the TV speakers.

Vigilante Eagle, Feb 24, 2014
  6. 'For me it's usually picking up the sound from the TV (the game itself). I might have to move the Kinect about the TV speakers' - I have a feeling this might be the issue, but surely Microsoft understands that with a 5.1 set up, the centre speaker is intended
    to sit under the TV screen, i.e. right next to where the the Kinect has to go!

I have almost zero options for repositioning, nor do I what to compromise my set up; surely the Kinect and the game should be smart enough to cope with this obvious scenario!? Can't the game be smart enough to cancel out it's own output?

I went through the Kinect set up with everything as it is, surely at this point it should of learnt the layout; it's not like it through up an error to say it was unhappy - it was success all round!

I've even tried turning the game audio down, no cigar; looks like I'll have to turn voice commands off! I thought the game required it though?

TacticalTimbo, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Vigilante Eagle Win User

Hearing things...

For me it's usually picking up the sound from the TV (the game itself). I might have to move the Kinect about the TV speakers.
  8. esmittystud101 Win User

Hearing things...

Best thing to do is turn kinect off. But that would be annoying if you wanted it for everything else.
  9. TacticalTimbo Win User

Hearing things...

'For me it's usually picking up the sound from the TV (the game itself). I might have to move the Kinect about the TV speakers' - I have a feeling this might be the issue, but surely Microsoft understands that with a 5.1 set up, the centre speaker is intended
    to sit under the TV screen, i.e. right next to where the the Kinect has to go!

I have almost zero options for repositioning, nor do I what to compromise my set up; surely the Kinect and the game should be smart enough to cope with this obvious scenario!? Can't the game be smart enough to cancel out it's own output?

I went through the Kinect set up with everything as it is, surely at this point it should of learnt the layout; it's not like it through up an error to say it was unhappy - it was success all round!

I've even tried turning the game audio down, no cigar; looks like I'll have to turn voice commands off! I thought the game required it though?
  10. acdc sepia Win User

Hearing things I shouldn't

11. mgzin66 Win User

FUNNYEST THING I HEAR

I believe with Walmart you have to go in store to check. But last I heard they were.
Thema:

Hearing things...

1. Hearing things... - Similar Threads - Hearing things

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  4. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  5. Experiencing party issues? Let me hear

in XboX Insiders
    Experiencing party issues? Let me hear: Anyone else experiencing party issues? Like a friend saying “disconnect” when joining a party. Explain your issues submitted by /u/Standard-Low5624 [link] [comments]
  6. How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s: How can I talk and hear people without actually having to wear a headset on Xbox series as digital I was playing Madden and I could hear the guy talking through my TV and he didn't have a headset...
  7. I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S: I was using Discord on a regular basis. One day I accidentally switched to game chat but when I switched back to Discord chat, I could no longer hear other people in the party, and I could not be...
  8. I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.: So i have the turtle beach stealth 600 headset (bluetooth) and i can hear through it perfectly fine. I can hear game audio and other people and even videos and movies and things like that but my...
  9. Am I supposed to hear these things?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I supposed to hear these things?: I put a Xbox one disc into my series x console, the first time it sounded like it was reading the disc, and then it boosted and sounded like it was really trying to do something, so I pulled out...
  10. The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening?: I can only hear the game chat and nothing else, but when no one is chatting I can hear nothing at all and it's silent. I have tried putting the volume up and down but there is no change. Please...