Hearing things I shouldn't

Discus and support Hearing things I shouldn't in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having the hardest time with my chat feature. When i am playing with a friend on my system and we both wear headphones, we cannot hear each other... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MAC1000VILLAIN, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Hearing things I shouldn't

I am having the hardest time with my chat feature.

When i am playing with a friend on my system and we both wear headphones, we cannot hear each other speak, but, we can hear each other's gameplay. ie, if we happen to be on the opposite side of anything i can still hear them as if i were doing the same thing.

But we cannot communicate with one another.

Comfused face... Anybody out there having the same or close to the same problem?

:)

MAC1000VILLAIN, Oct 7, 2019
  2. acdc sepia Win User

3. Vigilante Eagle Win User

Hearing things...

For me it's usually picking up the sound from the TV (the game itself). I might have to move the Kinect about the TV speakers.
  4. esmittystud101 Win User

Hearing things...

Best thing to do is turn kinect off. But that would be annoying if you wanted it for everything else.
  5. TacticalTimbo Win User

Hearing things...

'For me it's usually picking up the sound from the TV (the game itself). I might have to move the Kinect about the TV speakers' - I have a feeling this might be the issue, but surely Microsoft understands that with a 5.1 set up, the centre speaker is intended
    to sit under the TV screen, i.e. right next to where the the Kinect has to go!

I have almost zero options for repositioning, nor do I what to compromise my set up; surely the Kinect and the game should be smart enough to cope with this obvious scenario!? Can't the game be smart enough to cancel out it's own output?

I went through the Kinect set up with everything as it is, surely at this point it should of learnt the layout; it's not like it through up an error to say it was unhappy - it was success all round!

I've even tried turning the game audio down, no cigar; looks like I'll have to turn voice commands off! I thought the game required it though?
  6. mgzin66 Win User

FUNNYEST THING I HEAR

I believe with Walmart you have to go in store to check. But last I heard they were.
Thema:

1. Hearing things I shouldn't - Similar Threads - Hearing things shouldn't

2. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  3. Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?: At first I had the connect as a communal microphone on the Xbox One. Recently I changed to a 3.5 mm communal mic the plugs into a splitter which splits chat and headphone sound separately and...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  6. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  7. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  8. I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.: So i have the turtle beach stealth 600 headset (bluetooth) and i can hear through it perfectly fine. I can hear game audio and other people and even videos and movies and things like that but my...
  9. Am I supposed to hear these things?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I supposed to hear these things?: I put a Xbox one disc into my series x console, the first time it sounded like it was reading the disc, and then it boosted and sounded like it was really trying to do something, so I pulled out...
  10. The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening?: I can only hear the game chat and nothing else, but when no one is chatting I can hear nothing at all and it's silent. I have tried putting the volume up and down but there is no change. Please...