Hear voice chat through headphones - Series X

Discus and support Hear voice chat through headphones - Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 on the Series X. For some reason voice chat is coming off the TV speakers, instead of the headset that is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thrasher585, Nov 30, 2022.

1. thrasher585
    thrasher585 Guest

I am running Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 on the Series X.

For some reason voice chat is coming off the TV speakers, instead of the headset that is plugged in.

Does anyone know how I can get voice chat through my headset?

Thanks.

:)

thrasher585, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Thrasher585, usually this type of configuration is in the options: Settings»Audio output and Volume»Auto-speaking audio, if it is marked in gray is because the headset is connected, disconnect the hedset and the HDMI audio output put in Headset Format and in the Headset Audio setting put Windows Sonic if you do not use Dolby Atmos etc.
  3. BrewMasterJack Win User

Can't hear people in Party or Game chat

Are you listening this through your tv/audio speakers or headphones connected to the controller? Some headphone adaptors can vary the volume between game vs voice chat. Also, it is possible to accidentally have them on 'mute' which means you can't hear
    them but they will still hear you.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

headphones

Hey there,

In order to hear game audio through headphones on the Xbox 360, you will need a headset that plugs into the RCA ports on the back of the console. Headsets through the controller will only pick up voice for party/game chat. Hope this helps!
  5. hobblejp Win User

Headphones

There are a few work a rounds you can do.

1) There are mic and headphone connectors for 360 from 3rd party developers that plug into controller and let you connect a standard PC headset to a 360 controller

2) you could simply ignore the mic and plug headphones into the TV then put the 360 headset over them and set it to play voice back through speakers then you get the voice chat through the headphones and the headset over the top to talk into and talk to
    people.

3) The final one is a mix of both and I'm not sure if it even works, you connect your headset with the mic bit in the controller and the headphone audio into the TV headphone socket then change the 360 settings to play voice chat etc through the speakers
    which as you have the headphone plugged in should put the sound through the headphone to you.
  6. Unit747 Win User

My mic is not working; even though I can hear sounds and other people, it won’t pick up my voice.

I am having the same issue. I can hear stuff, but my voice chat does not work. I have gone through two Xbox One x/s controllers. Both have had the 3.5 mm headphone issues. Why this keeps happening is it a flaw no one has talked about?

I am over having this issue with no real support from Xbox/Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Hear voice chat through headphones - Series X - Similar Threads - Hear voice chat

2. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  3. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  4. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  5. My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.: I have been using the xbox game bar on windows 11 for quite some time now, but recently when I join a party with my friends they have been telling me my audio cuts off at random (Usually 10...
  6. I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite: Whenever i try and hear voice chat on fortnite, it doesnt work. Even party chat on xbox works. It works if i am using cloud on my laptop, and only one instance it has worked on my xbox since the...
  7. Game chat is registering my voice, my teammates can hear me but I can’t hear them. I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game chat is registering my voice, my teammates can hear me but I can’t hear them. I can...: Game chat is registering my voice, my teammates can hear me but I can’t hear them. I can hear game/footsteps but can’t hear my teammates chat 1638b392-0dab-43f8-a709-9d6ba02d9451
  8. I can't hear voice audio well

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear voice audio well: Before launching the MW3 beta, my headset audio was fine. But as soon as I launched it, my headset instantly became drastically quieter. And I could hear all audio normally, besides anything voice...
  9. Unable to hear cross-platform voices when streaming to Twitch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to hear cross-platform voices when streaming to Twitch.: Cross-platform game chat isn’t picking up when broadcasting to Twitch using my Xbox S. When playing with Xbox friends, their voices are streamed, but those on other platforms aren’t picked up. How...
  10. In gta 5 I can’t hear the voice chat but if I connect my phone by remote play I can hear it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In gta 5 I can’t hear the voice chat but if I connect my phone by remote play I can hear it...: I can’t hear voice chat in gta 5 online but if connect my phone through remote play I can hear it does anybody know how to fix that 36d49e67-6c4f-4604-acf4-f3dfb5e3acf9