headset stuck on mute

Discus and support headset stuck on mute in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; tried everything that i could think of even another system and controller no luck head set will not un mute i press the button i have cleaned the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by turbov6, Dec 31, 2013.

1. turbov6
    turbov6 Guest

headset stuck on mute

tried everything that i could think of even another system and controller no luck head set will not un mute i press the button i have cleaned the connection

:)

turbov6, Dec 31, 2013
  2. NappyKevin
    NappyKevin Guest
    Xbox one stereo headset adapter

My Xbox one stereo headset adapter is stuck on mute and I have to update my controller with the adapter but it's still stuck on mute, any suggestions?

NappyKevin, Dec 31, 2013
  3. headset stuck on mute

I've been using this headset without issue since last November, I even used it just last night, all of a sudden today it is on mute indefinitely. I've tried power cycling the xbox, tried power cycling my controller, I've tried everything on the forums for
    fixes. The only one I don't understand is the need for an update for my controller... What controller requires an update to be compatible with a headset I used just the night before that was designed for it? Why would it just become non-compatible overnight?
    Why wasn't the cord I need to update my controller included with my Xbox One if this is one of the troubleshooting options? Is it just assumed that I own a Usb to Micro Usb cord? There are so many questions that there are no answers to with this problem...
    I've never had to do an update for any Original Xbox controller, nor 360 controller in my life. They all plugged in and played just fine, the headsets were compatible, never required firmware updates, I'm just confused why this is even an issue that comes
    up in the first place. If there is a fix that doesn't involve me having to go out and purchase a cord that should have been included with the Xbox in the first place, I would love to hear it, otherwise that leaves no fix left as I have tried everything else.

SullenMosquito, Dec 31, 2013
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

headset stuck on mute

I think u need to call phone support for replacement. It be cheaper then the store I think. But I sure about the replacement part. But if u do not want to used a CC or DC. I then pick one up at the store. Here the number if u decide to go to phone support
    route. It 1-800-4MY-XBOX in the US and CANADA.

Dakrkplayer2, Dec 31, 2013
  5. I think a problem lies deeper than just a faulty mic bud. Having same issues here. I believe its an internal connection between the two.

Uk BringTheRain, Oct 31, 2018
  6. SullenMosquito Win User

headset stuck on mute

I've been using this headset without issue since last November, I even used it just last night, all of a sudden today it is on mute indefinitely. I've tried power cycling the xbox, tried power cycling my controller, I've tried everything on the forums for
    fixes. The only one I don't understand is the need for an update for my controller... What controller requires an update to be compatible with a headset I used just the night before that was designed for it? Why would it just become non-compatible overnight?
    Why wasn't the cord I need to update my controller included with my Xbox One if this is one of the troubleshooting options? Is it just assumed that I own a Usb to Micro Usb cord? There are so many questions that there are no answers to with this problem...
    I've never had to do an update for any Original Xbox controller, nor 360 controller in my life. They all plugged in and played just fine, the headsets were compatible, never required firmware updates, I'm just confused why this is even an issue that comes
    up in the first place. If there is a fix that doesn't involve me having to go out and purchase a cord that should have been included with the Xbox in the first place, I would love to hear it, otherwise that leaves no fix left as I have tried everything else.
  7. Gingerhunter79 Win User

headset stuck on mute

well i had a buddy of mine come over who had a day one edition controller and a regular one. was definately the headset. after plugging it in it went right to mute.
  8. Gingerhunter79 Win User

headset stuck on mute

as i said its already muted out before even entering party chat and hitting the mute button doesn't do anything but stay selected
  9. Gingerhunter79 Win User

headset stuck on mute

even before im in party chat its already set to mute is the problem
  10. Strongbow-4D37412D-D Win User

Headset stuck on mute

Yep, I have the same exact problem.
Thema:

headset stuck on mute

1. headset stuck on mute - Similar Threads - headset stuck mute

2. Xbox One Headset Adapter Stuck on Mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset Adapter Stuck on Mute: Hi, as I logged in this morning the headset adapter keeps showing an orange light and is stuck on mute. I tried manually downloading an update for the controller (even if there is no update...
  3. XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute: Really fed up of this - i know a few people have similar issues. I have the official XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter and official headphones. Worked fine for about a year. Then suddenly i turn...
  4. Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute: My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute button just blinks and still does not...
  5. Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating: My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute button just blinks and still does not...
  6. Mute stuck on xbox one, cant connect headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute stuck on xbox one, cant connect headset: the mute icon is stuck in the on position in the upper right corner. Cannot connect Astro A10 headset. Tried all troubleshooting suggestions, including powering down & changing controller. Nothing...
  7. Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works!: Our Xbox has suddenly muted itself, we’ve tried all the trouble shooting guides online and nothing has worked. Firmware up to date, powered down and restarted, connected it by USB, checked the...
  8. Headset adaptor stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset adaptor stuck on mute: I've googled this and the common response is to update the controller. I've done this and it hasn't worked. I know it's the adaptor that is at fault because I have 2 of these and the other one...
  9. Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute: Hello My adapter has suddenly become stuck on mute and I can't fix it. Have only had it for a couple of months. I've tried updating the controller, tried it on different controllers and different...
  10. headset for xbox one stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset for xbox one stuck on mute: headset is about a year old just suddenly went to mute one day during play and cannot turn mute off have tried updating controller changing controller and updating that etc and the headset is...