Headset stops working and controller stops responding

Discus and support Headset stops working and controller stops responding in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! My elite controller will sometimes disconnect, although the xbox button is still lit up. This may be it having to travel through a table and small... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CharlotteGascoigne, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Headset stops working and controller stops responding

Hi!

My elite controller will sometimes disconnect, although the xbox button is still lit up. This may be it having to travel through a table and small grated metal door to get to the Xbox One. But sometimes when it disconnects, when it eventually connects again, the wired headset and mic will cut out but I can still use the controller and play game as usual. I've turned the controller off and on again to get the wired headset to reconnect properly. However now the controller doesn't work at all even though its lit up as if its connected.

I've tried to re-establish the connection using the button on the side of of the xbox but it just keeps flashing. I connect using the wire that came with the controller and it vibrates so it knows its connection to power but still doesn't want to connect and work correctly. I turned everything off and came back to it later and it was fine but it's done it again and unsure why this is happening.

Any help appreciated thanks!

:)

CharlotteGascoigne, Nov 7, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Charlotte, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, from the way you described the problem, I believe the problem is really with the controller's hardware.

Have you tried to update the controller's firmware to see if it works?

If you did, is your controller under warranty still?
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see, it's not, indeed. But Microsoft offers repair services for the Elite 2 controllers. But you have the option to take it to a repair store also, for them to analyze your controller, it might be a hardware issue indeed. :/
  4. CharlotteGascoigne Win User

Hi, When I check controller updates, it says it's up to date. And I don't think it's still in warrenty, its 4+ years old.
  5. Sgt defcon Win User

Mic does not work

My port on the controller stopped working,try a headset adapter that should work.
  6. Maggieleaver Win User

Headset

Kotion each is the headset it was working fine with his old controller till it stopped working so i bought him an elite controller
Thema:

1. Headset stops working and controller stops responding - Similar Threads - Headset stops working

2. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  3. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  4. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  5. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  6. xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working: Hello ! The volume mixer on the official Xbox Wireless headset stopped working recently. The last thing I remember doing before noticing the problem was I moved from an Xbox chat group to a...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?: Hello everybody, I have an Xbox Wireless headset and while I was only using it for my Xbox, everything was fine. It works perfectly. However, I recently built a PC to play iRacing and to my...
  8. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  9. Headset audio suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset audio suddenly stopped working: Hi, So recently I bought a HyperX Cloud S 7.1 Gaming Headset around 2 weeks ago for my Windows 11 Laptop. However today I left it along with my HP laptop to go eat lunch. Which the audio...
  10. Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one)

in XboX Insiders
    Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one): My mic (I can still hear) stops “working” when modern warfare is open if it’s completely closed it works fine (I’ve literally tried troubleshooting everything, googled, and talked with “support”)...