Headset stopped working on Xbox one S controller out of a sudden

Discus and support Headset stopped working on Xbox one S controller out of a sudden in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, my headsets stopped working on my xbox one S white controller, the controller is in great condition, never fell and it's less than a year old, i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NestBlueMoon, Jul 8, 2021.

1. NestBlueMoon
    NestBlueMoon Guest

Hi, my headsets stopped working on my xbox one S white controller, the controller is in great condition, never fell and it's less than a year old, i use it almost everyday with my headset but suddenly all kinds of earbuds and headsets stopped working, the problem is not the headsets as they work fine on other devices. Everytime i plug the headset to the controller all i can hear is a faint hum and whenever i rub the microphone i can hear it through the headset. What can i do? I have already done many hard resets but nothing works. They worked yesterday but today they dont.

:)

NestBlueMoon, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Have you run the steps in Update xbox wireless controller? All controllers you use need to run the firmware update.

I prefer the usb method.

I recently got a notification that a controller update was required.
  3. Mopie Ho Win User

Headset won’t work

I have the same issue, my headset was working fine and all of a a sudden stopped, I have tried multiple controllers and multiple headsets and nothing is working, have tried using the same headsets and controllers on other Xboxs and they work fine, have
    literally watched every single youtube video on it and nothing, thinking of getting a new xbox
  4. PizzaSniper21 Win User

Headset not working with controllers

Hi, yes this is possible. This may be because the headset may not be Xbox compatible unless it happens to be an Xbox brand. That would be a problem elsewhere. For example, in the driver itself.
    I forgot to mention that it has worked in the past but stopped working all of a sudden. My new controller didn’t work with the headset one day and the same with my older controller about a week later.
  5. ThorX360 Win User

Headset/controller issue

I bought the winter camo Xbox one controller and Astro a10’s. The headset works for a little while then randomly stops and nothing I do can get it to work again. This is not an issue with the controller I recently bought (yet).
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix? I have also updated the controller and still have this issue.
    Hi,

did you try the headset with another controller or another device in order to find out if it is working or not?
  6. ChummyCloth911 Win User

help Problem with xbox one s mute symbol appears

Controller headset issue

Purchased an Xbox One S in December with 2 controllers. After a few weeks the headsets (tried several models) stopped working. Tried all the troubleshoots as listed without any success.

Controller which has been replaced under warranty has no issues (yet).
Thema:

1. Headset stopped working on Xbox one S controller out of a sudden - Similar Threads - Headset stopped working

2. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  3. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  4. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  5. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  6. xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working: Hello ! The volume mixer on the official Xbox Wireless headset stopped working recently. The last thing I remember doing before noticing the problem was I moved from an Xbox chat group to a...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?: Hello everybody, I have an Xbox Wireless headset and while I was only using it for my Xbox, everything was fine. It works perfectly. However, I recently built a PC to play iRacing and to my...
  8. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  9. Headset audio suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset audio suddenly stopped working: Hi, So recently I bought a HyperX Cloud S 7.1 Gaming Headset around 2 weeks ago for my Windows 11 Laptop. However today I left it along with my HP laptop to go eat lunch. Which the audio...
  10. Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one)

in XboX Insiders
    Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one): My mic (I can still hear) stops “working” when modern warfare is open if it’s completely closed it works fine (I’ve literally tried troubleshooting everything, googled, and talked with “support”)...