Headset/speaker chat option still playing through both

Discus and support Headset/speaker chat option still playing through both in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with my headset/speaker option for chat while gaming online , on both game settings and Xbox setting its set to headset but I still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Milian1, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Milian1
    Milian1 Guest

I'm having trouble with my headset/speaker option for chat while gaming online , on both game settings and Xbox setting its set to headset but I still can't seem to figure out the issue it's been going on for a few months.

:)

Milian1, Jan 13, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Make sure your headset is properly connected to your Xbox. Check that the headset is securely plugged into the correct port and that the cables are not damaged.

Check the settings on your Xbox to ensure that your headset is set as the default audio device for chat. Go to Settings > Display & sound > Volume > Party chat output and check that the output is set to your headset.

Check the settings on your game to ensure that the audio is set to come through the headset. This will vary depending on the game, but it is usually found in the audio settings menu.

Try restarting your Xbox and headset. Sometimes this can help to reset the settings and resolve the issue.

Try a different headset, to verify if the problem is with the headset or the Xbox

Check for any updates for your Xbox and headset, it could be a software related problem that could be solved with an update.
  3. RippenHarra Win User

March update.A few things that are coming

Party chat through speakers/headset/both options. Thankyou!!!
  4. Ryan_463 Win User

HDMI Audio kann nicht abgestellt werden. [HDMI audio cannot be turned off.]

This cannot be correct? how can it be a bug to only want to play audio through a headset and not through both headset and soundbar/speakers? you have always been able to choose the option to only play through a headset and turn off the output via speaker, since the September update you no longer can.

what possible use case would there be to play audio through both speaker and headset?
  5. FreakRoach Win User

Xbox one live - Haven't heard anyone on the mic for years.

You'll have to enable chat output to be both headset and speakers. To do so, go to Settings -> Display and Sound -> Volume. In the Party Chat Output select the option of Headset and Speakers.
  6. KILA POISON II Win User

Can Anyone Else Still Hear Game Chat While in Party Chat?

That setting allows it to play through speakers or headset or both, it doesnt make you be able to hear party chat and lobby chat... read my first reply..
Thema:

1. Headset/speaker chat option still playing through both - Similar Threads - Headset speaker chat

2. Xbox series s gamechat not working through speakers only headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s gamechat not working through speakers only headsets: Hi my headset does not work in gamechat speakers mode just headset on Xbox series s and when I record to send a message I can only hear message with headset not plugged in...
  3. How to output in-game voice chat on both speaker and headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to output in-game voice chat on both speaker and headset?: Split from this thread. Well, I don't know what his setup is, but I have a Series X, an Xbox wireless headset (as well as wired headsets that can be plugged into the controller), and an Elgato...
  4. Mute speaker audio when headset attached doesn’t work

in XboX Insiders
    Mute speaker audio when headset attached doesn’t work: When I activate this setting, and go back it doesn’t remember it. When I open Additional Options again, it is unchecked. I’m using the Xbox Wireless Headset and my speakers are connected via...
  5. the new xbox wireless headset keeps shutting off after 10 20 min and why my speaker sound...

in XBoX on Windows
    the new xbox wireless headset keeps shutting off after 10 20 min and why my speaker sound...: dose anyone know why the new xbox wireless headset keeps turning off after 10 20 min i have no idea why not low on battery or anything had it charged but it just keeps shutting off on me like its...
  6. Xbox Speaker Audio Format Changing after Headset Use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Speaker Audio Format Changing after Headset Use: My Xbox One S has the HDMI audio out set as bitstream with the Dolby Atmos format, however when I use my Steel Series Arctis 7X headset and then power the headset off, the HDMI audio format...
  7. xCloud Remote Play - On connect, switches Speaker Audio to Headset

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud Remote Play - On connect, switches Speaker Audio to Headset: Setup: - From PC start xCloud xBox Game Streaming Test App - Connect to Xbox Series X located on local network in the house Issue: - Once connected, the following setting gets changed on the Xbox...
  8. Speaker Setting and Headset Setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Speaker Setting and Headset Setting: I don't have an audio receiver that processes Dolby Atmos. I do have Astro A50's that work with Dolby Atmos. I would like to set the headphones to Dolby Atmos and speakers to bit stream out and...
  9. XBOX ONE X PARTY CHAT SOUNDS TINNY ON HEADSET AND SPEAKER SETTING

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X PARTY CHAT SOUNDS TINNY ON HEADSET AND SPEAKER SETTING: Hi , When i have my audio settings on ( Headset and Speakers ) the party chat that i hear sounds tinny but not when set to just ( Headset ) .Could anybody help . Thanks in advance ....
  10. How do I output people voice through speaker but use my headset mic to chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I output people voice through speaker but use my headset mic to chat.: I remember on the xbox360 we had the option to make output players voice through my tv spears while I was still able to voice chat using my headset mic. How can I do it on Xbox One?...