Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

Discus and support Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tig 0le Biddees, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio.

I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the problem persists in both headsets.

I am suspicious that an option to toggle system audio through the headset was removed with the previous console update, as I remember changing this setting several years ago, and I remember having audio in my headset,

I have gone to audio settings extensively, both on my own and with guidance from Xbox support online chat, changing output settings and adjusting the chat mixer to no avail.

I would prefer not to buy the headset adapter thing because why should I have to spend money for a feature that should come standard.

Can anyone help me? Thanks for reading

:)

Tig 0le Biddees, Mar 30, 2018
  2. Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, yet they can hear me?

All in the question really.

Set up is simple, Xbox ONE controller > Stereo Adapter > 3.5mm Splitter > Headset with separate Mic/Audio cables.

When playing a game I can hear the game's audio and the in-game chat come through perfect on my headset and they can also hear me.

However when I decide to go Party with a friend he can hear me but I can't hear him?

When I use the original Xbox One Chat Headset (the crappy little one ear and mic) I can hear him and he can hear me.

It's not a problem with my headset or wires as I can hear the game audio, chat from players in the game etc. all fine! I just cannot hear party chat? Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio :(

Lukeh Scotney, Mar 30, 2018
  3. CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution

WhileyCoyote00, Mar 30, 2018
  4. WhileyCoyote00 Win User

CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Is there something wrong with my mic or controller?

Hello FIREBLADESJC, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If you are experiencing issues where you can hear people in party chat but cannot hear or speak in game chat, there are a few possible causes to consider:

1. Some games have separate audio settings for party chat and game chat. Check the in-game audio settings to ensure that game chat is enabled and that your microphone is selected as the input device. Additionally, make sure that the game audio is not set to prioritize party chat over game chat.

2. There could be settings within your Xbox Live account that are affecting game chat. Go to the Xbox settings, navigate to the "Privacy & online safety" section, and ensure that your communication and multiplayer settings are configured correctly to allow game chat.

3. It's possible that there could be a problem with your controller or headset. Try using a different controller or headset to see if the issue persists. If the problem is resolved with a different controller or headset, it may indicate that the original one is faulty and needs to be replaced.

4. If you are using an audio adapter or cable to connect your headset to the controller, check for any loose connections or damage. Try using a different adapter or cable to see if that resolves the issue.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

I can't hear other players on rainbow six siege for Xbox not even the icon will pop-up how exactly can I fix this if it's possible

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

Try this procedure, hope it helps. You can enable the Text Conversation Chat or Speech Conversation Chat features. To do this:- Go to the game's main menu and select the Settings tab. - Enter the Accessibility submenu. - Select Enable Text to Speech Chat or Enable Speech to Text Chat. To mute or unmute the microphone, highlight your Gamertag and press the OPTIONS button. In-game chat is enabled. You cannot hear party audio and the party cannot hear your voice. To switch to party audio, select [Party Settings] > [Chat Audio].

Hope I helped and see you soon
  7. TougyWougy Win User

Audio

I can send an audio voice message using the new headset on his console and also hear one that's been sent to him .And also hear game audio , but when you join a party or create a party or game chat there is nothing?
  8. Nuggin Bumplies Win User

Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

I've owned the Microsoft Xbox Wireless headset for approximately a year, and it consistently exhibits exactly the issue you've described. When using Fortnite’s in-game chat on my Xbox One, I can hear the game audio just fine, but I cannot hear anyone chatting, although they can hear me.

The only time I managed to get it to work sporadically was when I applied physical pressure to the outside of the left earmuff against my ear or head. It's as if there's a problem with the knob that regulates the game/chat mixer. Strangely, this issue only occurs with Fortnite's in-game chat and not with Xbox Party Chat so it’s probably a fluke.

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if you've discovered a solution for this problem. In the meantime, I've resorted to using other headsets.
Thema:

Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

1. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio - Similar Threads - Headset Problem hear

2. Xbox wireless headset problems on windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset problems on windows 11: I just connected my xbox wireless headset to my new windows 11 PC, but noticed some problems that I have not had with the headset before on my old windows 10 pc. On my old pc when the headset was...
  3. So I have a problem with my pdp gaming headset for xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I have a problem with my pdp gaming headset for xbox: Please help me so I have a pdp gaming headset wireless for Xbox light is solid so it's paired but on my Xbox it shows no mic connection and when in a party it says we can't find a microphone for...
  4. Headset problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset problem: Hi, I have this problem, where for example if I’m playing Fortnite, a game with voice chat, or even just Xbox party chat, I can only hear that audio, My game Audio only goes through my TV and does...
  5. Xbox wireless headset charging problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless headset charging problem: Hi , I have brought a new Xbox wireless headset for series X and it shows orange blinking while I connected it to the Xbox ( assuming it’s charging ) like after an hour I disconnected it from the...
  6. Xbox Wireless Headset (Global Problem)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset (Global Problem): Xbox Wireless Headset - When I try to turn it on, a white diode lights up and a power-up sound comes on. The white diode doesn't flash, it just lights up for a couple of seconds - and then the...
  7. Can anyone help me discern if this is a headset cable problem, or a Controller problem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can anyone help me discern if this is a headset cable problem, or a Controller problem?: The issue at hand is that when I connect my headset (which is perfectly fine) to my Xbox Series S wireless controller, my audio will be filled with static and sometimes my controller will turn...
  8. I'm having a problem with my controller and headset I can't hear anything aside party and...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having a problem with my controller and headset I can't hear anything aside party and...: I cant hear anything until I plug my mic in at different speeds it's very annoying does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/RemoteAd4855 [link] [comments]
  9. I can hear audio with headset but I can’t speak(headset isn’t the problem)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear audio with headset but I can’t speak(headset isn’t the problem): Yesterday i turned on my xbox and i found myself unable to talk through the mic but able to hear sound and other people. I tried the headset with another controller and it wroked fine. How do i...
  10. My xbox one headset wont let me talk but can hear other people please help me with this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one headset wont let me talk but can hear other people please help me with this problem: Please help me with this problem or ill switch to playstation 4 4b244cf8-a9f3-4c13-940a-47a4ba7e6587