Headset only working when the controller is connected to the console via usb cable.

Discus and support Headset only working when the controller is connected to the console via usb cable. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, i'm having this problem: I can't seem to hear anyone while using the headset with AA batteries or the Play and Charge battery kit, it only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RMHingel, Jan 3, 2014.

1. RMHingel
    RMHingel Guest

Headset only working when the controller is connected to the console via usb cable.

Hi guys, i'm having this problem: I can't seem to hear anyone while using the headset with AA batteries or the Play and Charge battery kit, it only seems to work properly when i'm recharging the battery from the kit or with no batteries at all and connected
    through the usb cable to the console.

Is anyone else having this problem? I dont have any other controllers to test, so i'm trying to figure it out.

If there is a problem, its problaby on the controller right?

Thanks for your time, any help will be appreciated.

:)

RMHingel, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Antby11
    Antby11 Guest
    Xbox One Controller wont update

When i try to update my controller to use the stereo headset adapter it tells me to plug in the controller using a micro-USB cable from my Xbox one to the controller, however when i do this (using the Micro-USB that came with the official stereo headset
    adapter) it still says there is no controller connected via USB, even though there is and i can even take the batteries out at this stage to make sure the micro USB is giving power to the controller and therefore connected and working... Any help?

Antby11, Jan 3, 2014
  3. goodrsg
    goodrsg Guest
    Xbox headset mic won't work

My Xbox One's included chat headset and microphone recently stopped working. When in Party or Game Chat, I can hear others but no sound is being broadcast from my microphone, so I was forced to switch to using my Kinect as mic. I purchased a replacement
    headset and the same problem persists. I have attempted every troubleshooting step with the exception of attempting to plug in and update my wireless controller via a USB cable, because for some reason when I plug in the controller with a USB and attempt to
    check on a software update the Xbox tells me there is no controller connected with a USB. Regardless, the console reads my controller as "No Update Required" when connected wirelessly, and the controller works flawlessly, so I'm guessing that a software update
    is not the problem. Not sure if this is necessary info, but the firmware for my headset seems to be version 4.9.0.0. So, in brief:

1. The microphone on my Xbox One's included Chat Headset is not working, though I can hear others fine thru the headset. I purchased a replacement and encountered the same problem.

2. The Xbox won't recognize my Wireless controller when plugged in via USB, only when connected wirelessly.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

goodrsg, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Headset only working when the controller is connected to the console via usb cable.

I am having the same issue, sort of. Mute lights up, max volume audible I can hear. But the mic and headset don't work in party or In game chats. I have cleaned with no change. The plug style for both charging and the headset seem to have there issues
    too (they are both Shyt). To charge I have to wrap my play and charge cable once around now to get the pins to make contact. This is my "Day One 2013" controller, kinda makes me mad.

I have a second controller, the headset does the same thing on this one too.

T1T4N1UM 5KULL, Jan 25, 2014
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Pairing button

When you connect a wireless controller to an Xbox via a cable, it not only works as a wired controller (i.e. the inputs are sent via the cable), it also syncs the controller to that console, so once that's done you can disconnect the cable and use it wirelessly.

I had the exact same issue with an Xbox One X, so I know for certain this works.

So, yeah, hook it up to your console via the USB cable, then once the power light on the controller is solid, just disconnect the cable.

I do not know if it works with other wireless devices, such as headsets, but it definitely works with controllers.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

anyone successfully connect logitech g935 headset to xbox one wirelessly?

According to the user manual of the G935 headset, you connect the headset to the Xbox One controller via the headphone jack cable.

For wireless operation, the G935 uses the USB adapter that only works on PC. So on the console, you have the wireless connection between console and controller. But from controller to headset, you have a wired connection to the headset.

The wireless USB adapter that connects the headset to the PC doesn't work on the Xbox One.
  7. T1T4N1UM 5KULL Win User

I am having the same issue, sort of. Mute lights up, max volume audible I can hear. But the mic and headset don't work in party or In game chats. I have cleaned with no change. The plug style for both charging and the headset seem to have there issues
    too (they are both Shyt). To charge I have to wrap my play and charge cable once around now to get the pins to make contact. This is my "Day One 2013" controller, kinda makes me mad.

I have a second controller, the headset does the same thing on this one too.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one controller stops working randomly

Please try to troubleshoot the issue with these instructions:

Remove the batteries from the controller and for testing purposes, find a Micro USB data cable. Make sure it's a real data cable, as phone charging cables often only have the power lines connected, but no data lines.

Connect the controller via that USB cable directly to the console and check if the controller works.

If the controller works flawlessly with the cable, unplug the USB cable from the console and plug it into a USB power bank or a USB charging plug. Check if your controller still works. If the controller works without problems while being powered via USB,
    then your batteries are faulty.

If the controller fails to work via direct USB connection or being powered through the USB, it might be defective and you need to get it repaired/replaced through
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  9. Tarnend Win User

Xbox One Controller won't connect even after the directions are followed.

you could try connecting the controller via the usb cable that comes with the console and see if it works when connected via that method as that also then pairs the controller.

Regards
Thema:

1. Headset only working when the controller is connected to the console via usb cable. - Similar Threads - Headset working controller

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  4. Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other

in XboX Insiders
    Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other: One of my controllers is wired and works fine with my wired headset. The other one is the wireless one that came with the Series X and does not work with my headset plugged in. I've tried cleaning...
  5. Xbox controller headset suddenly not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller headset suddenly not working: I been using the official controller and connected headset for a long time now and suddenly its not working. I used it 99% on gamebar but now no programs can hear from it including the OS tester...
  6. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  7. When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...: I have updated the controller’s firmware and have used 2 different headsets with this same problem. Thx in advance for any help or ideas. c0d340b6-5047-450c-b9e4-f706899d4489
  8. I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night.: This headset I have doesn't work I can turn it up manually but when I try Audio & Music the middle is greyed out, the headset works on phones but not on my controllers anymore, I've tried Xbox...
  9. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...: When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments]
  10. My controller does not work when my wireless headset is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller does not work when my wireless headset is connected.: My headset connects via USB transmitter. Some games have no trouble when my headset is connected while others don't work at all while it is connected. 364f4a41-af8b-49cc-8a28-3a8b0c3d6c76