headset not working with my controller controller

Discus and support headset not working with my controller controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it was working fine a couple days ago but recently sound has been coming out my my tv instead of my headset ive tried the headset on a different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by liz ., Mar 9, 2023.

1. liz .
    liz . Guest

it was working fine a couple days ago but recently sound has been coming out my my tv instead of my headset

ive tried the headset on a different device and it's playing sound but its just not working with any of my controllers the mic seems to be working fine but just no sound coming out

i've tried different settings i have "mute speaker audio when headset attached" on ive tried restarting updating but still nothing

the only time it does play sound is when im in a party but all the other sound like gameplay or something comes out of my tv

any advice?

:)

liz ., Mar 9, 2023
  2. NathanGrauer Win User

Razer Nari Ultimate with Xbox Elite Controller firmware needs to be updated

Again, I have tried updating it, wired, wireless (newer controllers can be updated wirelessly), with the headset plugged in and unplugged, and nothing works. Also after recieving my replacement controller, my headset has seemed to stop working. I am thinking
    it is the fault of the headset, but my replacement controller is having issues staying on with new batteries. A previous post on here said an old adapter would fix the problems, and if that is so, I would think it would be the controller having to support
    the headset, not the headset supporting the controller, as it works fine on a normal wireless controller.
  3. BuffaloBuns Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset not turning on

BOught a stereo headset as well as a new controller. wouldn't you know- the old headset works fine with the new controller and the new headset doesn't work with old controller.

Problem- DEAD controller headset port.
  4. VincenzoFiore_557 Win User

Mic dont work in the partys

I have make my controller in the pc and the headset in the controller and it works
  5. TickleMeCthulhu Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

Took my newest controller over to a friend's house with my XO Ones attached, to see if they would work on his xbox. A while back, My Day One controller wasn't working with the headset, so figured I'd try buying a brand new one, but it the headsets still
    didn't work (a;though, I knew the headsets worked just fine when plugged into my pic or my iPad. Anyway, at my friend's place, I registered the controller on his system (he shut off his controller) and the headsets still received no audio. He turned his controller
    back on and I plugged the chat adapter and headset to his controller and the headsets worked perfectly. So...I guess the controllers are the issue for me , and the new controller I bought was also happened to be defective? Jeez, I'd hate to have to buy a third
    controller, but if that's the fix in my case, I guess I have to. I could pull some underhanded *** and buy one from Best Buy, and if it works, put my old controller in the box and return it. But. That. Would. Be. Wrong.
  6. Sanana94 Win User

No Game Volume From Headset

Hey there, It can easily be that the jack on your controller/headset is broken.

I'm going to list a few things to try (if you can).

1) Try the headset in another controller.

2) Try the headset in another device.

3) Try another headset in the controller. (for example your phone headphones)

If the headset works in another device, than it might be your controller.

If the headset works in another controller, than it's your controller for sure.

If another headset works in your controller, we can also assume that headset/jack is broken.

Let me know :)
Thema:

1. headset not working with my controller controller - Similar Threads - headset working controller

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  4. Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other

in XboX Insiders
    Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other: One of my controllers is wired and works fine with my wired headset. The other one is the wireless one that came with the Series X and does not work with my headset plugged in. I've tried cleaning...
  5. Xbox controller headset suddenly not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller headset suddenly not working: I been using the official controller and connected headset for a long time now and suddenly its not working. I used it 99% on gamebar but now no programs can hear from it including the OS tester...
  6. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  7. When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...: I have updated the controller’s firmware and have used 2 different headsets with this same problem. Thx in advance for any help or ideas. c0d340b6-5047-450c-b9e4-f706899d4489
  8. I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night.: This headset I have doesn't work I can turn it up manually but when I try Audio & Music the middle is greyed out, the headset works on phones but not on my controllers anymore, I've tried Xbox...
  9. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...: When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments]
  10. My controller does not work when my wireless headset is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller does not work when my wireless headset is connected.: My headset connects via USB transmitter. Some games have no trouble when my headset is connected while others don't work at all while it is connected. 364f4a41-af8b-49cc-8a28-3a8b0c3d6c76