Headset not receiving sound in party chat

Discus and support Headset not receiving sound in party chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm not able to hear my friends talk in party chat. In the party, I can see their bubbles light up indicating they are talking but can't hear them. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sith Requisitor, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Headset not receiving sound in party chat

I'm not able to hear my friends talk in party chat. In the party, I can see their bubbles light up indicating they are talking but can't hear them. The other thing is that they can hear me talk. Instead of hearing their voices, I hear silence and occasional
    static when they speak. Some words go through but are staticky and cut sometimes. This problem started occurring yesterday while I was playing with friends and is still happening today. Does anyone know what the solution is or the problem? Note: I used two
    different controllers and two different headsets. The headsets were the one that comes with your Xbox and the other a turtle beach headset. The same thing happened with each accessory.

:)

Sith Requisitor, Jan 7, 2016
  2. BigMac65
    BigMac65 Guest
    Help

My headset was working for both game sound and party chat now not working for game sound and only shows settings for party chat

BigMac65, Jan 7, 2016
  3. CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution

WhileyCoyote00, Jan 7, 2016
  4. WhileyCoyote00 Win User

CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution
  5. RautenbachMichael Win User

RAZER ELECTRA V2 IS NOT WORKING ON XBOX ONE

I only get the party chat on my headset. I do not get any of the game sound on the headset
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Headset Drops Sound, Online Play Only

Hello Anthony,

Sorry for the issue with the sound in headsets not working as it should. When you are in a party chat does it seem to be bothered, or is it game chat and party chat? You can try the

troubleshooting steps for chat headsets
    . Keep in mind the headset you have is also a third party so troubleshooting is limited.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  7. R4VER Win User

Mic Echo on Xbox One

Settings

Display and sound

Volume

Party chat output

Set as (Headset)

Also on chat mixer put it as headset only. Its should cancel out feedback on your side.
  8. Njal the Blue Win User

I want to hear Fortnite game chat through headset and tv

Hi, go into settings, display & sound, volume and set party chat to headset and speakers
Thema:

Headset not receiving sound in party chat

1. Headset not receiving sound in party chat - Similar Threads - Headset receiving sound

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings: Can someone explain to me what each frequency range represents? 125Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz My headset sounds terrible for first person shooters. submitted by /u/Hayden22Stone [link]...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  7. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  8. How do i fix my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my headset chat mixer?: It’s greyed out and stuck on the right. I’ve reset my console, updated my console, updated my controller, unplugged and plugged my headset back in but nothing is working, Does anyone know how to...
  9. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in: So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is...
  10. Headset not assigning to account

in XboX Insiders
    Headset not assigning to account: I’m trying to setup astro a40s and mixamp and Im trying to assign the headset to my account but every time I click assign it doesn’t do anything it just brings me back to the assign page can...