Headset mic problem

Discus and support Headset mic problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 headsets so me and my boy can chat and play on fortnite. He is playing on his switch(account linked to Xbox on fortnite) and me on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LoretzKasuN, May 19, 2022.

1. LoretzKasuN
    LoretzKasuN Guest

Headset mic problem

Hi,

I have 2 headsets so me and my boy can chat and play on fortnite. He is playing on his switch(account linked to Xbox on fortnite) and me on the Xbox. Problem is he can hear me talking but I cannot hear him.
    any help so we can play and hear each other would be great! I have made a new profile so both on seperate profiles but still no joy.

Thanks.

:)

LoretzKasuN, May 19, 2022
  2. Chudamaru Win User

Xbox microphone not detected

Does the consoles audio come through the headset or is it just the mic that is having problems?

Does the the headset hav an inline volume control and/or mic mute button/switch?
  3. J0E GT Win User

Turtle Beach XO Seven PROBLEM

i found updating my controller with the headset mic plugged into the headset solved this problem
  4. Hyper x Vacuumz Win User

Voice chat not working

I would assume this to be a mic/headset problem. Maybe try a different headset and see if that fixes the issue.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

The "mic" you're referring to is the boom mic that plugs into the headset.

The mic I'm referring to is the chat system that allows one to talk to other players. Normally, that's supported by a wired mic cable that goes from the 360 controller to other headsets. On all other 360 headsets, a cable is required from the base of the
    360 controller to the headset for chat. Even the wireless Astro A50 has a mic cable port to go to the 360 controller.

On the Tritton Warhead, that's all done wirelessly, same as the Microsoft Wireless Mic for 360 works. Tritton integrated the wireless mic into the headset base unit so that the headset can be completely wireless - no wired mic cable going to the controller.

It's the wired mic cable that the Tritton Warhead lacks that is the problem. There will be no way for the Warhead's base unit to sync its wireless mic with the Xbox One.

If all you want to do is use the Warhead as a wireless headset without a mic, it will be fine. If you want mic support, it won't.
  6. englishbulldog802 Win User

useless support chat transcript

It can't be an issue with the controller because like I said the headset works fine. I'm not an expert on electric but in layman's terms, the info would pass from the controller into the headset, then from the headset into the mic, because the mic can be
    detached from the rest of the headset. there is no problem with the connection of the mic into the headset and it all works on PC. And my one year warranty is over so I can't get it repaired for free and I am not paying money to greedy Microsoft to send it
    in for repair when there most likely is not a problem with the console. there is nothing about the console that could break in a way that stops the mic working. that doesn't make sense. I don't have any other problems.
Thema:

Headset mic problem

1. Headset mic problem - Similar Threads - Headset mic problem

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  5. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  6. Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s: Hi all, There was another thread about this issue but I'm starting a new one as we still have a problem with gaming headsets not working on both of our Xbox One S controllers. Problem occurred...
  7. Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s: Hello This seems like a common problem among many user. We have all tried the troubleshooting guides mentioned online and in this communtiy forum. All of our controllers, headsets and mics work....
  8. Xbox USB Headset Mic Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox USB Headset Mic Problem: I have a xbox one in which last week my USB headset mic stopped working (I can hear others but my mic doesn't get picked up. In my troubleshooting I just tried a new headset usb. And it did not...
  9. Headset mic problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic problem: I've recently had my headset microphone recently give out it has never been a problem. I've done research online and have seen it has been a problem before. I've done all the possible...
  10. Headset Mic/Chat Problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Mic/Chat Problem?: Hello All I have a problem with my headset mic/chat as cannot hear anything I say via the mic. I am using the xbox one stereo adapter and also a gamecon 388 headset and a startech splitter and...