Headset Mic Not Working

Discus and support Headset Mic Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For about a month now, I have not been able to use a headset microphone. I have a tried two headsets on two different controllers and I can hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXGarbarinoXx, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Headset Mic Not Working

For about a month now, I have not been able to use a headset microphone. I have a tried two headsets on two different controllers and I can hear everyone, but my mic does not work. I bought a new controller with the 3.5mm jack and the issue persists with
    a different headset. Also, my network is fine since I am able to have everything work through the kinect. However, I want to use my headsets.

I have hard rebooted network equipment and the console several times, logged out and in. Played with numerous settings and nothing will work.

Please help.

:)

xXGarbarinoXx, Jan 7, 2016
  2. Mic problems on my brand new Xbox One

my mic on my xbox one headset is not working ,i a new headset still not working..........come on fix it MS!

LumbarSinger498, Jan 7, 2016
  3. Headset mic not working party chat blocked code0x80072EE7 after hard boot

Hi sons xbox one headset mic not working new set hard booted console told us party chat blocked also checked enforcment no issue code 0x80072EE7 can you help on headset he can hear friends but mic not working

TrainedArcher70, Jan 7, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Headset Mic Not Working

Do you have a communication ban on your account? You can log in to this site
    enforcement.xbox.com/home
    and find out. Let us know.

{Parity}, Jan 7, 2016
  5. I do not have any sort of ban. My communication is in the highest tier (green).

xXGarbarinoXx, Jan 7, 2016
  6. Tinkabeast
    Tinkabeast Guest
    Just had this happen to me I can hear party yet my mic seems unresponsive... done all the checks and hard reset ( even reset xbox to defaults and reinstalled ) not banned either... problem seems to have evolved during this latest update.

My headset and controller all seem fine other than the mic , I don't want to fork out cash on a new controller+ mic just for problem to persist.

Tinkabeast, Jan 8, 2016
  7. I have add the same problem and as well and have done everything they have told me to do bought at new controller, adapter, and mic. and nothing has worked so I think its gotta be a bug in the update but xbox support isnt helping or answerin my questions.

Krazy 4 Kills, Jan 8, 2016
  8. Headset Mic Not Working

For some reason xbox decided to go with a CTIA 3.5mm cable and most popular headsets use OMTP (Only difference is contacts on cord switched) you just have to buy a cable that is CTIA or android compatible. The most popular used by apple, beats, monster is
    OMTP which is the wrong one. Just buy a new cable and all will be good

(I struggled with this for like 4 months )

II i wOLvE i II, Jan 11, 2016
  9. logansmit00
    logansmit00 Guest
    How do you change the cable and where do you get the correct cable? It is attached on both headsets we have.

logansmit00, Jan 11, 2016
  10. make sure you guys turn Mic monitoring off in the settings. I was having some issues with my mic after the update and it was that.

ZombieCartmanYT, Jan 12, 2016
  11. Tomes05
    Tomes05 Guest
    How do you turn of Mic Monitoring? And what is mic Monitoring?

Tomes05, Oct 31, 2018
  12. DRAGONSKULL273 Win User

Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

i have the XO 4 headset from turtle beach and the mic doesn't work even the mic that game with my headset isn't working
  13. MarloThaBuff Win User

Xbox microphone issues part 3

Make sure the headset is compatable with the Xbox. Make sure your console settings aren’t wonky, they could be prohibiting the mic from working. Is it just the mic that isn’t working or the headset all together?
  14. X Cookie 73 X Win User

Why wont any of my usb microphones be detected on rockband anymore?

Only one that will work is my headset mic but I prefer to use a usb mic.
  15. T0PP HATT Win User

Turtle Beach / XboxOne question....

Sorry bout that, but yes, you can use the headsets without the mic...I thought you were talking bout the mic...but yeah all headsets that have the optical output will work with the xbox one. It's just that the mics won't work and I posted a link showing
    how to fix the mic...

Sorry for misunderstanding you there....
  16. BKWDESIGN-bkw Win User

X Box One Controller is muted

Our xbox one controllers stopped working with the stereo headset (just the mic) all simultaneously.

We tried plugging it into the 3.5 mm jack. None of my 3 controllers worked after having worked fine for months. All updated to latest firmware.

I tested the headset on my iphone and the mic was fine there- I could record voice memos with no problems

went to GameStop and spent $50 for the stereo headset adapter, and that allowed the mic to work again for another 30 days.

Now the mic is stuck on mute again, the headset adapter’s slashmark icon stays lit
Thema:

Headset Mic Not Working

1. Headset Mic Not Working - Similar Threads - Headset Mic Working

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  5. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  6. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  7. Why isn’t my headset mic working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my headset mic working?: I just got an Xbox series x, I got an Astro A10 wired headset. All the audio settings are to where they should be, but when I try to go into a party my mic does not work...
  8. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  9. A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this

in XBoX Accessibility
    A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this: I just got the A20 Astro headset yesterday, it’s connected to my Xbox and everything the adapter is in and working. I can hear everything but my mic isn’t working. I have to scream or yell for...
  10. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...