Headset Mic (gone)

Discus and support Headset Mic (gone) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing Battlefield 4 when I discovered my friends could no longer hear me. I only discovered this when they asked why I was so quiet. I can hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TR0UBLESOME, Dec 27, 2015.

1. TR0UBLESOME
    TR0UBLESOME Guest

Headset Mic (gone)

I was playing Battlefield 4 when I discovered my friends could no longer hear me. I only discovered this when they asked why I was so quiet. I can hear them just fine, they just cant hear me. I have ran through all the troubleshooting steps that XBOX has
    provided and even tried a few tricks of my own. Nothing. It is a factory Mic and its just under 3 months old. Im very protective of my things and this thing goes in a drawer when its not being used.

Is the mic done? and how the hell does that happen? I was standing up while playing and it just quit. No snags, no tugs, no improper removals.

Not cool M$, not cool.

:)

TR0UBLESOME, Dec 27, 2015
  2. davidmrecord
    davidmrecord Guest
    Microsoft sterio headset and general chat issues

I am noticing a click in the right (unwired) side of the microsft branded headset, this is especially evident when going around the dashboard. Additionally I can't for the life of me figure out how to enable the headset mic. I followed the set-up instructions
    provided with the headset, I've gone to Party Chat and muted/unmuted my voice, the only thing I haven't done is turned off chat through kinnect. Perhaps my assumption that if a person is utilizing a head set that the headset mic would be the active mic...

Anyone experiencing similiar issues, or can provide me with suggestions to try?

davidmrecord, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Mic not working

Hey there deathbyfoodtray!

Sorry to hear that you're having mic problems. Have you gone through the
    Xbox One Mic Not Working
    troubleshooter guide?

Let us know once you have and if you're still running into issues.

Miss Ghidorah, Dec 27, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Headset Mic (gone)

{Parity}, Dec 27, 2015
  5. My sons mike has had that problem right out if the box. We have tried every fix we could find online, updated controller, changed his settings, tried it on both controllers (all several times). Any other suggestions? I don't want to waste money on another
    to have it not work either.

WithyBuzzard769, Oct 31, 2018
  6. {Parity} Win User

Headset Mic (gone)

7. WithyBuzzard769 Win User

Headset Mic (gone)

My sons mike has had that problem right out if the box. We have tried every fix we could find online, updated controller, changed his settings, tried it on both controllers (all several times). Any other suggestions? I don't want to waste money on another
    to have it not work either.
  8. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Mic not working

Hey there deathbyfoodtray!

Sorry to hear that you're having mic problems. Have you gone through the
    Xbox One Mic Not Working
    troubleshooter guide?

Let us know once you have and if you're still running into issues.
  9. Arrowen Win User

Microphone problems with Xbox One Party

I'm actually having the same problem since the update. Party chat, both in game (Neverwinter) and Xbox's Party Chat app, disconnect my mic on my headset. The headset and mic both work in party chat before someone joins but as soon as someone connects with
    me they hear me for only a second and then it disconnects my mic. It's not muted. It works fine in Skype. I've tried partying with different users. I've tried updating the controller and headset adapter but no updates available. I've tried different controllers.
    I've tried different headsets as well and the only headset that will work is the crappy one that came with the Xbox. I've hard reset the console. I've gone into every setting imaginable and still no go. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
  10. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset

What is the regular mic?

I assumed the regular mic was the headset and that your headset was some other headset
Thema:

Headset Mic (gone)

1. Headset Mic (gone) - Similar Threads - Headset Mic gone

2. Wireless headset mic broken , is this fixable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset mic broken , is this fixable: My mic has broken off my headset , is this repairable 1bffb11b-8023-4be7-9226-ee1bae3a007b
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  5. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  6. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  7. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  8. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  9. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  10. Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...: [img] It seems to be a known issue as I’ve seen another thread where many people had their headset break in the same place. I saw a Microsoft moderator mention to post a new thread as that one...