Headset I've used for years stopped working on xbox one. Replaced headset, replaced...

Discus and support Headset I've used for years stopped working on xbox one. Replaced headset, replaced... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using a headset with my xbox one for 2 years. Suddenly it stopped getting sound, even the headset icon is present in the top left corner... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dad R, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Dad R
    Dad R Guest

Headset I've used for years stopped working on xbox one. Replaced headset, replaced...

I have been using a headset with my xbox one for 2 years. Suddenly it stopped getting sound, even the headset icon is present in the top left corner and the headset works on other devices. I bought another headset and this also has no audio on the xbox one, though it works on other devices. I bought a new xbox one controller, but still have the same issue. I now have 2 xbox one controllers and 2 headset and still no audio through the headsets. Why has it stopped working and what is it going to take to get it working again? This has been very frustrating and impeded my gameplay for 2 weeks now and cost me $100 in new items when the old items don't seem to be the problem in the first place.

:)

Dad R, Feb 24, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Headset I've used for years stopped working on xbox one. Replaced headset, replaced controller, still no audio

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. I know how frustrating this must be and I would feel the same way if I were on your situation.

I just want to confirm that even the system sound or game sound, you don't get that through your headset?

Also, you mentioned that you performed hard reset, did it mean you performed a factory reset (keep games & apps)?

I suggest that you try to change your Volume & audio output from your console's audio settings. You can also check the Advanced options and test which setting would work.
    Check the guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Don't forget to perform a power cycle as well. Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.
  3. Dad R Win User

Headset I've used for years stopped working on xbox one. Replaced headset, replaced controller, still no audio

I should also mention that I've done both a hard and soft reset on the xbox.
  4. VinyComb20280 Win User

Headset not working

Hi. It's a stereo starter pack headset from Game. I've no doubt is not the most sophisticated headset but the one that was replaced worked initially and this one is brand new.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Problème avec le casque *Mod Translation: Problem with headphones *

Hi there Nano,

Thanks for the replies. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the headset on the Xbox One controller.

I recommend to try the following troubleshooting steps.

• Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset
      with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controller again.
      If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
      Xbox Online Service Center.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

XBox One Controller Volume Greyed Out

Try taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controller again. If that fails, the
      controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online Service Center.

Try this out and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Headset I've used for years stopped working on xbox one. Replaced headset, replaced... - Similar Threads - Headset I've used

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Headset fixing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset fixing: I play on Xbox series x and I bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear the game itself. I know about the chat mixer but that...
  4. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  5. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  7. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  8. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  9. My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...: My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've tried all the settings that I can think of. afd660d5-1449-4ca1-b47e-109edb9562cc
  10. Headset chat mixer not working after today's update and yes I've done everything that's...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset chat mixer not working after today's update and yes I've done everything that's...: After today's update my game audio just went out so I went to headset chat mixer and it's stuck on full greyed out 02dceb11-dc0b-483b-9278-0038380bb13e