Headset Does Not Work Using "ON" Voice Command

Discus and support Headset Does Not Work Using "ON" Voice Command in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I would turn my Xbox on using voice command and then turn the controller on to start or join a party my headset will not work. I found a fix... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cy 5th, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Cy 5th
    Cy 5th Guest

Whenever I would turn my Xbox on using voice command and then turn the controller on to start or join a party my headset will not work. I found a fix for it though,. When I would turn my xbox on with my controller and then start or join a party , headset
    works. Is anyone else having this issue?

:)

Cy 5th, Jan 5, 2014
  2. lewgiffard
    lewgiffard Guest
    EA Delays Mass Effect 3 Demo Till Feb 14th

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

Does anyone know or have any thoughts as to whether the game will support these same voice commands through using the regular headset mic?.

I can't see why they would not include that option if the voice commands exist 'as-is'

[/quote]Ive often thought that very same thing - surely its purely a money spinner?

Alas, the answer given on the BioWare SN is that this way Kinect does all of the voice processing for the game, rather than BioWare having to make their own voice processing software and incorporate that into the game in order for it to work with a headset.
    Too much work for those poor devs apparently....

lewgiffard, Jan 5, 2014
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest

[quote user="lewgiffard"]

Does anyone know or have any thoughts as to whether the game will support these same voice commands through using the regular headset mic?.

I can't see why they would not include that option if the commands voice commands exist as is.

[/quote]Ive often thought that very same thing - surely its purely a money spinner?

Alas, the answer given on the BioWare SN is that this way Kinect does all of the voice processing for the game, rather than BioWare having to make their own voice processing software and incorporate that into the game in order for it to work with a headset.

[/quote]I would have thought they could easily have written voice recognition for the game that did not require Kinect.

However I would not be surprised if Microsoft did offer them a deal that voice commands would be 360 exclusive.

Then of course is the inevitable Kinect achievement that will be added, no doubt in the hope that it'll make completionists run out and buy the motion control device.

voteDC, Jan 5, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

This is a known issue with the headsets. Best bet is to request a free replacement from Microsoft by registering your console.

CMUchippewa, Jan 8, 2014
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Turning off voice commands completely

Voice commands will only work if you have a kinect or a headset. Cortana has to be turned on first before you use her voice commands, and if you do not have a kinect, then the Xbox voice commands will not be turned on.
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

This is a known issue with the headsets. Best bet is to request a free replacement from Microsoft by registering your console.
  7. lewgiffard Win User

I can't see why they would not include that option if the voice commands exist 'as-is'

8. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Cheers for the info Charmer :).

Quick question.

I saw the latest dashboard video promoting the upcoming demo today and its emphasis seemed to be the voice commands using Kinect. Does anyone know or have any thoughts as to whether the game will support these same voice commands through using the regular headset
    mic?.

9. Flint SithLord Win User

For the first time in my life, i am disappointed in an Xbox product

I'm actually enjoying the Kinect's voice commands. The ones that I use work for me about 98% of the time. It does a little bit better than my car does with voice commands.
Thema:

1. Headset Does Not Work Using "ON" Voice Command - Similar Threads - Headset Does Using

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  4. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  5. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  6. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  7. When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...: I have updated the controller’s firmware and have used 2 different headsets with this same problem. Thx in advance for any help or ideas. c0d340b6-5047-450c-b9e4-f706899d4489
  8. Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...: Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the Xbox Series X outputs the audio through the cable instead of wirelessly? Would really like the option to...
  9. Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices?: Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices, can you please certify more devices? It's a shame how few new headset models have support for xbox, of course they all work with...
  10. My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...: I can hear my games from my headset but it doesn't pick up my mic in games or in party chats. 5bd53e4d-9427-4711-8a33-4f44c4d90298