Headset Chat Mixer Isn't Working.

Discus and support Headset Chat Mixer Isn't Working. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Headset chat mixer acts as the headset volume slider. Sliding the tab to the game side will increase both game and party chat, whereas the other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ThatOtherGuy167, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Headset Chat Mixer Isn't Working.

Headset chat mixer acts as the headset volume slider. Sliding the tab to the game side will increase both game and party chat, whereas the other direction decreases both. No other apps or audios are being played beside the game and party.

:)

ThatOtherGuy167, Mar 27, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Yeah. It isn't the speaker but I just wanted you to try it as it could possibly fix any issue regarding chat mixer.

So you've also tried to perform a factory reset? If so, it may be a system bug because your headset works fine correctly and it just having trouble balancing your game audio and chat audio.

I recommend that you instead report it or file a bug to the Xbox team using the Report a problem app for them to investigate the issure properly.
    Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....
  3. ThatOtherGuy167 Win User

The issue isn't the speakers, it's the headset mixer. Nothing that's been referred has unfortunately not worked. I feel I've attempted everything.
  4. Rostom L Win User

You mean, you've already tried using a different controller and different headset and still having the same issue?

Let try to Run the Audio setup tool.
    - Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    - Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    - Select the Audio setup option under Advanced.
    - Highlight the audio setup option you wish to use and then press the A button to begin the audio test.
    Note: The audio setup options in this list will vary depending on the audio setup your console detects. The console will only display the options that are available to test.
    - Watch the animations displayed as the test is running to determine if the audio is not playing back through a specific speaker in your setup, and troubleshoot that speaker if you notice any playback errors.

You may try to change your other audio settings like HDMI audio and settings under Advanced if it makes difference. Check the link below for reference.
    - https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If Chat mixer is stil not working correctly, I recommend that we perform a factory reset to refresh your console system.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

What exactly is your Xbox console model?
    When did it stop working correctly?

Be sure to check for your controller updates.
    - https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Try to perform a power cycle as well. Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again. Check if the issue is fixed.

To further isolate the issue, try to use a different controller or different headset.
  6. ThatOtherGuy167 Win User

Noticed the issue about a week ago. It's the Xbox Series S. Updating the controller didn't seem to help, neither did using different devices.
Thema:

1. Headset Chat Mixer Isn't Working. - Similar Threads - Headset Chat Mixer

2. Headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer: Why can’t i change my headset chat mixer after i’ve updated my controller and i’ve restarted my console e7594d79-9838-4e1d-86b1-cf30eb939ef1
  3. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  4. My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.: I don't know how to fix headset chat mixer when it's greyed out. I tried the update and used two different controllers but it still won't work. Any solutions? 3c15859a-7f68-4b92-ba4f-514bc1c1dafd
  5. My headset chat mixer won’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset chat mixer won’t work: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and my controller is up to date I do not know how to get it working please help 1249dda0-0862-42f8-8859-3153a9df526b
  6. GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER

in XBoX on Windows
    GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER: I dont want to sound like i haven't researched this, but it just wont budge. I've restarted my console and played with my settings as well as plugged my mic in slowly, yet neither seems to work. I...
  7. Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.: my chat mixer is grayed out and I do not know what to do now, I have tried to unplug and replug my headphones and that did not work, I have updated my controller but that did not work, and have...
  8. Headset chat mixer is grayed out and can't use it

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer is grayed out and can't use it: Tried to restart everything and doesn't work can't hear any game audio but I can hear people in party's and discord just can't hear anything else was working yesterday and it's not broken turned...
  9. Headset Chat Mixer is Greyed out

in XboX Insiders
    Headset Chat Mixer is Greyed out: Discord audio will play through only the right hear of the headphones but all other audio (Spotify, Game Audio and Menu Audio) all play through the tv and headset chat mixer is greyed out...
  10. How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer: I have tried updating controller ,changing sound settings and cleaning headset pet that goes into controller, what should I do to fix it 9f76b94f-e87d-482b-8a6b-08bbf25df5f8