Headset chat mixer inaccessible

Discus and support Headset chat mixer inaccessible in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My headset chat mixer slider bar, as well as the headset volume and mic monitoring bars cannot be accessed from the Audio and music button on the Home... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SummerBirdsong, Feb 2, 2021.

1. SummerBirdsong
    SummerBirdsong New Member

My headset chat mixer slider bar, as well as the headset volume and mic monitoring bars cannot be accessed from the Audio and music button on the Home panel. Only the "Search for a music app* link is working. I can't scroll up to the other options on the list. I have tried both controllers and the problem persists. Both controllers are up to date.

SummerBirdsong, Feb 2, 2021
  2. VictoriaDoleman Win User

Turtle beach recon 70

Still no chat mixer, I can hear chat but no game play? I still can't get into the headset chat mixer?
  3. Frathos Win User

I cant access my chat mixer its just greyed out and I cant do anything

Are you using a wireless headset like Astro A50? If so then you have to use the physical chat mixer that is built in to the headset as the console guide chat mixer will be greyed out.

Good luck!
  4. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

UPDATE.

I figured it out.

Hard reset the xbox with the headset plugged in. The new controller has the chat mixer turned all the way to chat and not to game . Put the mixer back to the middle and it works. Without the hard restart, the option to adjust the chat mixer is gone.
  5. Frathos Win User

headsets not working after last update Xbox one

Are you plugging your headset into your controller? If so then have you checked the console Chat Mixer settings to see if it has been set to 100% Game Audio? The newer Dashboard has the Chat Mixer at the bottom of the Xbox nexus Home tab (bottom right speaker
    icon). If you see the Headset Chat Mixer slider is all the way to one side (eg Game) then move it towards the other side. Normally it would be at 50/50 mark.

If you have an older Dashboard then you'll have to look for the tab that includes the Chat or Audio setting (sorry, I don't recall whether everyone has been updated to the newer Dashboard style yet) and check/change the adjustments there.

If you have a wireless headset (eg Astro A50 series) then the Chat Mixer setting is adjusted on the headset itself. I'm guessing you don't have this type headset though as the Chat Mixer setting usually resets back to the middle (50% Game, 50% Chat) every
    time the console is restarted. Note that when an Astro A50 series is connected, the console Chat Mixer settings are grayed out since you have to make the adjustments on the headset itself.

Good luck!
  6. ORLANDO LUJAN Win User

Headset

Make sure the headset chat mixer isnt all the way to the right
Thema:

1. Headset chat mixer inaccessible - Similar Threads - Headset chat mixer

2. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  3. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  4. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de
  5. Headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer: Why can’t i change my headset chat mixer after i’ve updated my controller and i’ve restarted my console e7594d79-9838-4e1d-86b1-cf30eb939ef1
  6. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  7. My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.: I don't know how to fix headset chat mixer when it's greyed out. I tried the update and used two different controllers but it still won't work. Any solutions? 3c15859a-7f68-4b92-ba4f-514bc1c1dafd
  8. My headset chat mixer won’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset chat mixer won’t work: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and my controller is up to date I do not know how to get it working please help 1249dda0-0862-42f8-8859-3153a9df526b
  9. GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER

in XBoX on Windows
    GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER: I dont want to sound like i haven't researched this, but it just wont budge. I've restarted my console and played with my settings as well as plugged my mic in slowly, yet neither seems to work. I...
  10. Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.: my chat mixer is grayed out and I do not know what to do now, I have tried to unplug and replug my headphones and that did not work, I have updated my controller but that did not work, and have...