Headset audio troubleshooting

Discus and support Headset audio troubleshooting in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Currently I’m having an issue on my series X where all of my headphones have choppy audio that cuts in and out when playing games, navigating the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Andrew Hall5, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Andrew Hall5
    Andrew Hall5 Guest

Hi,

Currently I’m having an issue on my series X where all of my headphones have choppy audio that cuts in and out when playing games, navigating the Home Screen, watching video, pretty much all the time.

I use an elite controller series 2, and I’ve tried using the controller that came with my series x, and a separate controller, and had the same issue. Not only is it an issue on my razor kraken headset, and my steel series arctis 9 wireless (which has it even worse) but also all other headsets I’ve tried with it.

I turned off Dolby atmos, and tried playing on windows sonic and stereo uncompressed, which made it a little better but not by much. I’ve tried everything I can think of short of resetting the console, and nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Andrew Hall5, Apr 3, 2024
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adjusting Party Chat Volume

Hi there Ka Kase,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with audio settings for a headset.

In order to receive the audio settings through the Xbox, you will need to plug in the headset to the controller. Once you connect the headset to the controller you will be able to change any audio settings such as the Party chat volume. Unfortunately, when
    you connect the headset to the tv you will only receive the audio from the TV.

Check out these articles:

Try this out and let us know the results.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Switch from headset to TV speaker

4. XBF Brad A Win User

Audio do Grupo / Jogo[Translation-Group Audio / Game]

Hi Noleto,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issue with audio. We recommend going over the

stereo headset troubleshooter
    . This has steps to adjust for loud audio.

Note Not all headsets are compatible with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

This could be why you are not seeing the audio section.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

audio button

Hi Deathstroke,

The audio button does not show up for all headsets. Mainly the ones it will not show up for are third party headsets. For example, I have two different ear buds I use. One shows up with audio, the other does not and they both work in my controller. If you
    are unable to hear any sound, go to the Xbox settings under display and sound select audio output headset audio set to stereo uncompressed, along with HDMI and Optical audio. Under Volume make sure the party chat is set to headset. Other than this there is
    no other options except updating controller with headset plugged in. Here is guide for

troubleshooting headsets

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

audio button

Hey there DEATHSROKE 6000,

The audio button should appear once you have a headset plugged in. If your headset is already plugged in and you still do not see an audio button then this means that your headset is not being recognized by the controller.

Take a look at the following support article to help troubleshoot this issue.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
Thema:

1. Headset audio troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Headset audio troubleshooting

2. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  3. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  4. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  5. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

in XboX Insiders
    Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio: I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ? submitted...
  6. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly: Hey there! I have an Xbox Wireless Headset (just warranted a few months ago) and I stream games from my Xbox Series X to OBS-Twitch on my ROG laptop. Since November my headset has connected to the...
  8. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662
  9. Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset

in XboX Insiders
    Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset: I just got the Xbox series x and did the new controller update about week or so ago. It seems since after the controller update my there is no audio coming out of my wired headset. The controller...
  10. Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues: I have the Razer Kaira for Xbox | RZ04-034 and a reoccurring issue I have when joining a Party Chat for me is I am unable to hear anyone in the party and no one can hear me. The audio from my game...