Headset audio issues after latest controller firmware update

Discus and support Headset audio issues after latest controller firmware update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently bought a new Xbox Series X|S wireless controller to use with my Xbox One, as well as a Razer BlackShark V2 X wired headset which connects via... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by leywink, Nov 6, 2021.

1. leywink
    leywink Guest

Recently bought a new Xbox Series X|S wireless controller to use with my Xbox One, as well as a Razer BlackShark V2 X wired headset which connects via the controller audio jack. Both have been working great until the latest controller firmware update in August. Immediately after the update though, the game audio began skipping and popping constantly while using the headset. I tested a second wired headset with the same results, though both headsets work perfectly fine elsewhere.

The only time there's no issue with the headset audio now is if I keep the controller wired to the console as well, but with my setup that is less than ideal, and that wasn't necessary prior to the firmware update.

I've tried doing a hard reset on the console, and changing up the audio settings just to see if anything helps, and nada. As long as the controller stays unwired now the audio distortion continues.

:)

leywink, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Leywink welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. You could try the following!

The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
  3. Trentelshark Win User

XBOX ONE CONTROLLER

I'm going to assume you did the controller firmware update when the latest release pushed to your console? If you didn't give it a shot and see if it helps. There is also an update in the April preview to address two issues with the previous controller
    firmware:

*NEW CONTROLLER FIRMWARE UPDATE*

Update to help address controller disconnect issues.

Update to help address headset adapter audio quality.

That is from the release notes in the forums and since applying the update to my controller, I haven't had any issues with this since. So if you have the latest firmware applied hang in there, and when the April preview goes GA, try updating it and see
    if it resolves the issue at that point :).
  4. John P_14 Win User

Why is there a crackling audio after using xbox menu's

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

The crackling audio issue that you're experiencing on your Xbox Series S may be caused by a variety of factors, including interference, controller or headset firmware issues, or audio driver problems. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Try moving the wireless controller closer to the console to reduce the possibility of interference.

2. Update the firmware for both the controller and the headset. You can do this by connecting the controller and headset to the console with a USB cable and then checking for firmware updates in the settings menu.

3. Check the audio settings in the game and on the console to ensure that they are set to the correct output format and that the volume levels are not too high.

4. Try using a different headset or controller to see if the issue persists.

If the issue continues to persist after trying these troubleshooting steps, it may be possible that this is already a console issue.
  5. sightIiIpicture Win User

Stereo Headset and Adapter Issues

"As of the April 2014 Xbox One System Update, the firmware update for the controller and stereo headset adapter has been updated and includes significant improvements to audio quality with the Stereo Headset Adapter and the process of updating controllers.
    If you have taken the update previously and are having issues with your stereo headset adapter, please update your controller again with the latest Controller Update. You can update your controller by going to Settings, System, and then Controller update."
    -- from bottom of page linked below:

support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

It is now April and still no update. So this means by the end of April?
  6. HighOctane1 Win User

When i go onto audio I can’t go onto headset chat mixer and the bar is stuck all the way to the right an can’t change it

The audio mixer is still there. When you plug in your headset that has a 3.5mm jack. There should be a speaker icon when you tap the Xbox guide button. That's where you can adjust game & party chat audio levels. Try updating your controller to the latest
    firmware update see it that helps.
Thema:

1. Headset audio issues after latest controller firmware update - Similar Threads - Headset audio issues

2. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  3. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  4. Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues: I have the Razer Kaira for Xbox | RZ04-034 and a reoccurring issue I have when joining a Party Chat for me is I am unable to hear anyone in the party and no one can hear me. The audio from my game...
  5. Dule Source Headset Audio Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Dule Source Headset Audio Issues: I am using a Series S on Alpha Skip Ahead. I am having a starnge issue that I cannot find a solution to anywhere. I have both Steele Series Arctis 9x and the Microsoft wireless headset. When I am...
  6. Xbox one S audio issues, worn out or headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one S audio issues, worn out or headset?: I own a Xbox one S, and recently found an issue for audio. Whenever my Xbox is on for a while (about 3-4 hours), my headset start to static and (eventually) fully turn off audio. But, whenever I...
  7. Audio issue with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issue with my headset: I've been having an issue where there is no audio coming through my headset. I've tried all the troubleshooting guides and still haven't been able to resolve this issue. Would love some insight my...
  8. New logitech gaming headset audio issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    New logitech gaming headset audio issue: I am using a new logitech gaming headset and I can't separate the headset audio from my TV audio. I never messed with the audio settings when I had my old turtle beaches and the audio on them...
  9. Audio issues with headset and tv sound

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues with headset and tv sound: Alpha Skip Ahead Xbox Series X Steelseries Nova Articis Pro Wireless LG C1 55” Headset and tv audio both giving an echo effect when my headset is turned on and using the headset audio options...
  10. Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues: I have the Razer Kaira for Xbox | RZ04-034 and a reoccurring issue I have when joining a Party Chat for me is I am unable to hear anyone in the party and no one can hear me. The audio from my game...