Headset audio and mic issues

Discus and support Headset audio and mic issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got the arctis series 3 headset for my xbox series s and when i plug it in the headset logo appears on my xbox showing it’s connecting but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DigestedBooch60, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Headset audio and mic issues

I recently got the arctis series 3 headset for my xbox series s and when i plug it in the headset logo appears on my xbox showing it’s connecting but no audio is coming out and my mic doesn’t work. i’ve tried using the audio scroll wheel on the headset and muted and unmuted the mic and that didn’t work so i tried using the volume slider and chat mixer on the xbox and that hasn’t worked either so i updated my controller and that didn’t work so i’ve run out of options as there is no video anywhere on how to fix this issue. Edit plugged it into my pc and it’s working fine so i have no idea what the problem is

:)

DigestedBooch60, Sep 24, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox One - Headphone Mic Not Working

your bluetooth headset with mic is designed for audio and talking via bluetooth, the cable that you can plug into your headset and then to the controller only enables audio not mic. lots of bluetooth headsets and headphones are the same, the option to plug in a cable is for audio only.
  3. SpeedChaser46 Win User

Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

Update: A new headset I had ordered last week arrived, same issue, though it has separate mic/audio cables I have yet to get an adapter for, Audio cable worked, mic cable just made static while being plugged in/unplugged/twisted. Works flawlessly on my computer,
    audio works on xbox, but mic won't work. I do not have access to a newer controller, and neither of my headsets are official Xbox One stereo headsets.
  4. Listed mia 510 Win User

No sound from Game DVR?

Do any of you with audio issues use third party Mics?

I have been noticing while my headset is plugged in i get no sounds on recordings. But when headset is not plugged in the audio is in the clip
  5. theresarobles1 Win User

Not able to hear others in Xbox One party chat.

I am experiencing the same issue and i cannot ungray the audio box that lists the following:

headset volume

headset chat mixer

mic monitoring
  6. Lexman61 Win User

Chat through a HI-FI headphone??

I doubt getting an answer for my hi-fi headphone - attachable mic - microsoft adapter problem as posted above. It probably would not work anyway. Maybe a compromise solution could be: PC headset with two 3.5mm jacks (audio + mic). The audio jack to the DAC,
    mic jack to the adapter.

This might be the only way to get chat audio to the headset while maintaining superior game audio from the DAC. Check out the forthcoming Audio Technica ATH ADG1 PC headset.
Thema:

Headset audio and mic issues

1. Headset audio and mic issues - Similar Threads - Headset audio mic

2. Streaming to twitch with headset no mic audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming to twitch with headset no mic audio: Trying to stream on twitch with Xbox x through twitch app and only in game audio is being recorded all setting have mic on both Xbox and twitch tried two headsets can hear in game audio fine...
  3. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  4. when i plug in my headset mic monitoring works but there's no in game audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    when i plug in my headset mic monitoring works but there's no in game audio?: Basically when I plug in my headset I can tell my mic is working 100% fine because of my mic monitoring but when I go into a game I cannot hear anything? This started 3 days ago and I have no idea...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset with Xbox Wireless adapter to improve Discord mic/audio quality??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset with Xbox Wireless adapter to improve Discord mic/audio quality??: I bought an Xbox wireless headset recently. Love it because no more cords! When I connect it to my Xbox, I can hear my game clearly and mic seems to work well. I also bought it to be able to...
  6. How do I DISABLE xbox headset audio-mode when using mic?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I DISABLE xbox headset audio-mode when using mic?: I am using the Xbox Series X controller that came alongside the console. I am using the 3.5 mm plug to attach my microphone. My Xbox is connected directly to a 4KUHD Samsung TV, whilst audio is...
  7. XBox Wireless Headset on PC Can't Use Mic and Output Stereo Audio at the Same Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Wireless Headset on PC Can't Use Mic and Output Stereo Audio at the Same Time: I've seen that other people have had this problem in the past, but can't see if there's been a fix anywhere. I'm using windows 10, and every time I open Discord or an application starts using the...
  8. Headset picking up audio but the mic isnt working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset picking up audio but the mic isnt working: I have a Razer BlackShark V2 X gaming headset, and I use Xbox game bar for parties but just today this started. I can hear just fine, YouTube, Xbox game bar, and all audio, but the mic stopped...
  9. Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio: I'm unable to hear recorded audio on my headset. I can hear in game audio, and the random clicks and sounds while navigating the xbox menus. I can hear the monitoring of my mic. When I record a...
  10. Headset mic is not working - audio options are grayed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic is not working - audio options are grayed out: Good afternoon! I have a Xbox one with two original controllers and two original Xbox headsets. They just stop working at the same time, and I tested both controllers and headsets. we can hear...