headser chat mixer greyed out whenever i turn xbox off

Discus and support headser chat mixer greyed out whenever i turn xbox off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have bought a new headset and whenever i turn xbox off or unplug the headset the headset chat mixer goes to to the right and gets greyed out. I got... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hassan Ahmad725, Jun 3, 2023.

1. headser chat mixer greyed out whenever i turn xbox off

I have bought a new headset and whenever i turn xbox off or unplug the headset the headset chat mixer goes to to the right and gets greyed out.

I got it to work by slowly plugging the headset in until i hear static then sometimes it lets me adjust but when turning my xbox off i need to keep repeating it is therr any permanent fix for this?

:)

Hassan Ahmad725, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps.

First, Connect your headset to your controller and plug in your controller to your console. Go to settings > device > accessories > update controller. Once you update the controller, it updates it with the headset then you should have control of the mixer.

If the problem persists, try another headset and see if it's a hardware issue. Let me know what happens next.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. Hassan Ahmad725 Win User

I have already tried updating with the headset in.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Hassan!

There's a possibility that the issue may be on your controller headset jack. To further isolate the issue, try to use a different controller with your headset. Maybe your controller headset jack needs cleaning.
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

One S Controller audio

Is the chat mixer option missing or greyed out?
  6. Rostom L Win User

Greyed out chat mixers

Hi Dan!

What steps have you already tried?

Let's try to remove your profile and power cycle your console before adding your account back.

Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

If that doesn't work, best option is to perform a factory reset. There's an option to keep your games and apps.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
Thema:

1. headser chat mixer greyed out whenever i turn xbox off - Similar Threads - headser chat mixer

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. I AM BANNED FOR MAKING A CHAT ON GROUP CHAT PLZ SEE FORUMS MODS I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY TEAMATES

in XBoX on Windows
    I AM BANNED FOR MAKING A CHAT ON GROUP CHAT PLZ SEE FORUMS MODS I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY TEAMATES: I am banned for making a group post about my channel there was nothing offensive just my channel for xbox and twitch i tried to play with my brother but i couldent friend him also im banned from...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  8. The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person: I have tried everything possible for the network and I believe it may be my console so I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to help with this issue seeing as it may not be my...
  9. Xbox Headser keeps leaving party??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headser keeps leaving party??: hello so recently I purchased a sentey orbeat Headset and I get the adapter and all that stuff but whenever I get in a party chat with my friends everything works until I go open the game I'm...
  10. Xbox Headser keeps leaving party??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headser keeps leaving party??: hello so recently I purchased a sentey orbeat Headset and I get the adapter and all that stuff but whenever I get in a party chat with my friends everything works until I go open the game I'm...