headphone mic not working when connected to controller

Discus and support headphone mic not working when connected to controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox tells me that there is a microphone connected but its not receiving any audio from it. the mic works on every other device ive tested it on and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by oscar wakelin, Feb 19, 2023.

1. headphone mic not working when connected to controller

my xbox tells me that there is a microphone connected but its not receiving any audio from it. the mic works on every other device ive tested it on and ive tried to connect it to multiple controllers and the microphone is connecting but not picking up any sound.

ive tested other microphones on my xbox and they work no issue.

any ideas?

:)

oscar wakelin, Feb 19, 2023
  2. Ookttah Win User

Mic on new controllers with 3.5mm built in Audio port

Yes, both controllers fully updated.

Mic is at2020usb+, headphones are the apple earbuds, phone is the Nexus 5.

I'm using the audio out port on the mic and connecting that to the mic port of the splitter, and the headphones to the headphones port of the splitter, and the combo port to the controllers.
  3. lanikane Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

@Monty Airline

How did you manage do use Kinect as mic while your headphones are connected to the controller? As soon as I plug in my headphones into the Stereo Headset Adapter my Kinect won't work as mic anymore... Strange thing is, this also happens if my headphones
    don't have an integrated mic
  4. MarvinReimer Win User

Xbox One Controller third-party headset

This already helped a lot, thanks for sharing those articles. I guess I know what the issue is now. The Bose QC35 just work on the controller with an in-line mic. The mic that is on the Bose already, will not work when connected to the controller.

For anybody that is interested, I will post the link below to the cable that you´ll need:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...ices.html#v=qc25_audiocable_android_acc_black
  5. Freddy_twotimes Win User

Audio headphones/Turtle beach streaming mic

Hi there,

When the audio headphones are plugged into the AV receiver, there is game sound, but I cant hear anyone in my party chat. I only see their gamertag show up in the chat overlay. They hear me thru the stream mic just fine. In Halo 5, setting audio to Speaker,
    or to Headphones doesnt change anything.

If I plug the headphones into the Turtle Beach stream mic, its onboard amplifier does a decent job driving the audio headphones, since the stream mic is powered via USB, but the amplifier is low quality by comparison to my AV receiver. I only got the stream
    mic so I could use my AV receiver to listen to my audio headphones in online gaming. I never expected or planned on using it to power the headphones.

Can I even can plug the Sennheiser game headphones into the AV receiver and the Mic into the controller now? If this stream mic is already connected to the XBOX via USB, and chat is only available when the headphones are connected into the stream mic and
    both run to the XBOX wired via USB, is it correct to assume that PC gaming headphones with a built in mic also cannot be split (the mic connected to the controller and chat sound coming through the AV receiver)? Im starting to think both the headphones and
    the mic must be connected to the controller together, communicating to the XBOX wirelessly, or ill just get game sound through the headphones and no chat like I am niw with this set up?
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Bone conduction headphones for xbox

just get any bone conduction headphones with mic that have 3.5mm connection, they would plug into the controller and should work fine.
Thema:

headphone mic not working when connected to controller

1. headphone mic not working when connected to controller - Similar Threads - headphone mic working

2. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  3. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  4. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  5. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  6. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  7. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  8. The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC: I've seen in the reviews that the headphones are great quality on sound and mic, in my case the audio it's awesome but the mic it's not good, is this a general problem or just me?...
  9. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...: When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments]
  10. Wireless headphone mic broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headphone mic broke: So it seems I am another victim of the defective headphone mic boom stick. Anyone any suggestions on how to get this sorted as the support line is pretty frustrating to deal with then you get cut...