Headphone Jack Xbox Elite 2 Controller

Discus and support Headphone Jack Xbox Elite 2 Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My headphone jack is not working properly in my Elite Series 2 controller. I plug in my headset and I can hear the audio from the game but cannot talk... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SGabriel93, Nov 18, 2020.

1. SGabriel93
    SGabriel93 Guest

My headphone jack is not working properly in my Elite Series 2 controller. I plug in my headset and I can hear the audio from the game but cannot talk to my friends in game. I see them talking but cannot hear them or talk to them. I unplugged the headset
    and plugged it back in but nothing. I also turned the console off and still nothing. I plugged them into a regular Xbox controller and the headset works like normal. I cannot figure it out. The controller is updated.

:)

SGabriel93, Nov 18, 2020
  2. INeedHelp61 Win User

Mic compatability - Ath-Adg1x

Is the xbox headset adapter the same as the pre installed headphone jack on the elite controller? Are they a different connection?
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox Elite Controller no sound

Hi Zen!

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing an issue with your Elite controller. Based on what you've stated about your 3.5mm headphone jack not working, I would like to know if you have done the

troubleshooting steps for the Elite controller
    from our Xbox support page? Or rather, how you came to the conclusion (what troubleshooting you have done) that the 3.5mm jack has stopped working?

If you have already done all troubleshooting and are certain that the headphone jack is no longer working, then I recommend

setting up a repair for your Elite controller
    since the headphone jack is an internal part of the controller body.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions!
  4. pkvas Win User

Xbox one new wireless controller with earbuds?

I know the elite controller has a normal headphone jack that you can plug your Samsung headphones into don't think a normal controller does though
  5. ryan 8353 Win User

The headphones do not work anymore

hi federico i had same problem on 2 xbox one controllers no sound coming through headsets.go into audio settings and find headphone chat mix sliderif not there its a problem with the headphone jack port.i sent 2 controllers back 2 microsoft for exchange
    because of this fault with the jack port. hope this helps.
  6. skaffa LEE Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality

Hello DavidSage3,

The Elite controller is in many ways a better than the standard controller, but from my experience the headphone jack is the same as inside the standard controller.

There is also the option to connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

I hope this answers your question.
Thema:

1. Headphone Jack Xbox Elite 2 Controller - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack Elite

2. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  3. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  4. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  5. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  6. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  7. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  8. Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?: Hello. I recently acquired a Xbox Series S/X controller to use on Android for mobile games and GamePass. I know for a fact that the 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack doesn't work via bluetooth, as...
  9. Maybe a headphone Jack problem possibly a different problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maybe a headphone Jack problem possibly a different problem: One day one of my headphones had stopped connecting to my controller, but I can tell it is acknowledging it being plugged in. This headphone works on every device besides the Xbox controller. I...
  10. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not: [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this,...