Headet issues with people hearing me

Discus and support Headet issues with people hearing me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Well I have tried everything but I cannot figure out how to get my headset to talk. It says it is connected and I can hear other people when plugged in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by andrewknoll1, Apr 18, 2020.

  1. andrewknoll1
    andrewknoll1 Guest

    Headet issues with people hearing me


    Well I have tried everything but I cannot figure out how to get my headset to talk. It says it is connected and I can hear other people when plugged in but no one can hear me. Headset is LSIX premium chat gaming headset specificall for xboxone. It
    is not on mute, and head set has no volume control, controller is updated. Any other ideas I am not thinking of?

    :)
     
    andrewknoll1, Apr 18, 2020
    #1
  2. Vikzer Win User

    Headet issues with people hearing me

    Hello!

    Have you tried to check if the communication is enabled in your privacy settings? You can do that through settings menu. Check the mic options available for Xbox Live Privacy and App Privacy.
  3. Villarino Win User

    Headet issues with people hearing me

    Hello andrewknoll1!

    Sorry about your problem. Please check this guide, hope it helps!

    If you can hear others in a party or game but they can't hear you, try these solutions.

    Solution 1: Make sure your headset is not muted

    Check that the orange LED light next to the mute button is not on.

    Solution 2: Power cycle your Xbox One console

    For help, see How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console.

    Solution 3: Re-associate your controller with your profile

    1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories.
    3. Under Assigned to, choose your gamertag.

    Solution 4: Verify the NAT type for your network

    Network Address Translation (NAT) lets you hide your IP address from devices that are not on your network. For more info about NAT, see the "Current network status" section at Network
    settings on Xbox One
    .

    Solution 5: Test your Xbox One Chat Headset

    To test the headset, start a party (requires internet connectivity) to test the audio:
    1. Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console.
    2. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    3. Under Multiplayer, select Start a party. (You don't need to invite anyone for this test.)
    4. Make sure your mic is not muted in party chat.

    Note You can use the Y button  on your controller to toggle mute on or off.

    1. Make sure your headset is not muted and that the volume is turned up.
    2. Speak into the microphone. If your headset is working, you’ll see the ring around your gamerpic light up.

    If you still can't hear your friends online after you've started a party, but you can hear sound while using in-game chat or another app like Skype, see You
    can't switch to party chat on Xbox One
    .

    To test your headset on a Windows 10 PC:

    1. Download Skype onto your PC if it’s not already installed.
    2. Turn on your controller and ensure your Xbox button  is lit to indicate it’s turned on.
    3. Connect your headset to your controller.
    4. Select Tools, and then Options. Then, select Audio settings in the General menu to test your microphone and speakers. Make sure you have your Xbox One Chat Headset selected from the dropdown list
      of devices while you’re testing.

    Note When you first set up Skype, you'll be prompted to check your sound and video quality.

    For more information on testing with Skype, see the Skype article, Troubleshooting issues with
    Skype call quality
    .

    Solution 6: Troubleshoot your connection

    Check your connectivity by using the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution.
  4. ChrisBates6 Win User

    Headset issues- can hear but people can't hear me.

    Tried that. All that shows up is kinect. Doesn't recognize the headset at all.
  5. EvanBruceAlmigh Win User

    Headset issues- can hear but people can't hear me.

    Try audio settings to turn on your mic.

    Home button then go to far right and then go down to audio settings
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

    Headset issues- can hear but people can't hear me.

    Do a network test and see what your NAT is. When this happens to my son its because his NAT is on moderate.

    Sometimes a hard reset gets his NAT back to "open" and it works.
Thema:

Headet issues with people hearing me

Loading...
  1. Headet issues with people hearing me - Similar Threads - Headet issues hearing

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. prohx rig headet i can not get it to connect i tryed and everything didint work can someone...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    prohx rig headet i can not get it to connect i tryed and everything didint work can someone...: i tryed connect it it dont work 4ac73fec-7667-43b1-8ec6-9fd54dbc95ff
  9. HyperX Cloud headet --> DSS/DSS2 amp --> Xbox One S system and control chat audio?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    HyperX Cloud headet --> DSS/DSS2 amp --> Xbox One S system and control chat audio?: I haven't been able to find a clear answer for this. I have not set up my new Xbox One S yet, and I am unfamiliar with the controller, as in I do not have one in hand. I have not owned a Xbox One...
  10. XBOX ONE ARMED FORCES HEADET

    in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE ARMED FORCES HEADET: Hi there i am having a problem with this headset just can not seem to get it to work. I have updated the controller and config the privacy settings but the xbox just does not seem to recognise the...