Headchat mixer is greyed out for my new turtle beach recon chat headset

Discus and support Headchat mixer is greyed out for my new turtle beach recon chat headset in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was gifted a recon chat pair of turtle beaches and no matter what I do I can’t seem to figure out how to get the headset chat mixer to not be grey... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Earl Ferguson1767, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Headchat mixer is greyed out for my new turtle beach recon chat headset

I was gifted a recon chat pair of turtle beaches and no matter what I do I can’t seem to figure out how to get the headset chat mixer to not be grey I’ve tried updating my controller with and without the headset in, I’ve went through all of the settings. If anyone has any advice or knows what to do please let me know

:)

Earl Ferguson1767, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent advisor and hope you are doing well!

With regards to your issue, there is a similar post like this in one of the community forum. Have you somehow tried choosing which speaker to use when you connected your turtle beach headset?

Here is the link reference to the community post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/... it has the steps to try as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from you so we can further assist if the steps will not work for you.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. 18bradch Win User

Microphone not working

I have both the Turtle Beach Recon chat headset, and the Afterglow Level 1 chat headset.
  4. Tyrind Win User

Having Audio Issues on 2 consoles connected to the same account.

Also to add, the headsets i'm using are a Turtle Beach Recon Chat White headset and a Turtle Beach Stealth 450. Both of which work on other sources.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

so after doing some research..

is there something on the back of the package that would clue me in on of game volume will be available before I blow money on another one?
    You'll never get any game volume/audio on the Turtle Beach Chat Recon Headset, its for chat only,

For chat and game audio you need something like the Turtle Beach Recon 50X Headset.
  6. Armyboy H Win User

Problems with headphones

Could use a bit more information, like what kind of headset it is, there are tons of different headsets out there and they don't all operate the same way.

My best guess is that you're using a headset that plugs into the 3.5mm jack and has no inline volume/mute buttons?

Try this. Start at the Home screen. Press the guide button to bring up the slide out menu and navigate over to the system tab (should be the last one on the right if memory serves). You'll see a link to settings on that tab, but what you're looking for (and
    hopefully you'll see it) is a "audio" link just under it. If it's there, click on it and that will bring up a menu with volume and chat mixer options.

You may also want to make sure your controller(s) are up to date, especially if it's a new headset, but I doubt this is the case, since you've already been in that menu and would've seen that there was an update available when you saw that the volume option
    is greyed out.
    hi my son headset is Turtle Beach Recon 50x. I have gone into audio and I believe the settings are correct for the chat mixer. It’s just really strange as they were working and all of a sudden whilst he was chatting to someone they stopped working. But the
    new Turtle beach headset don’t work either, it’s making wonder if it is the controllers
Thema:

1. Headchat mixer is greyed out for my new turtle beach recon chat headset - Similar Threads - Headchat mixer greyed

2. Chat mixer doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat mixer doesn’t work.: I have powercycled my console, I have updated two different controllers. I have reset my console. I have slowly put in the headset jack. I have looked over every audio toggle there is. I’ve tried...
  3. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  4. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de
  5. Headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer: Why can’t i change my headset chat mixer after i’ve updated my controller and i’ve restarted my console e7594d79-9838-4e1d-86b1-cf30eb939ef1
  6. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  7. My chat mixer is greyed out and I have already updated my controller and I tried to update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My chat mixer is greyed out and I have already updated my controller and I tried to update...: I was just playing Call of Duty MW3 and my headset started to bug out so I unplugged it then plugged it back in and then the chat mixer just was greyed out and I wasn’t before...
  8. My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.: I don't know how to fix headset chat mixer when it's greyed out. I tried the update and used two different controllers but it still won't work. Any solutions? 3c15859a-7f68-4b92-ba4f-514bc1c1dafd
  9. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  10. My headset chat mixer won’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset chat mixer won’t work: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and my controller is up to date I do not know how to get it working please help 1249dda0-0862-42f8-8859-3153a9df526b